Twitter, a 140 characters from putting your foot in it...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Twitter, a 140 characters from putting your foot in it...

Post by LeDonk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Step forward the misses of our club captain.

Twitter completely baffles me, Sordell is getting alot of abuse lately from 'apparent' Bolton fans. Why follow someone, to only throw abuse at them when they tweet something that isn't relevant to the club?

The mind boggles.
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Twitter, a 140 characters from putting your foot in it..

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Because, as good as Twitter is, it's still full of idiots.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Gartside, Emma Davies, Sordell – these morons should just get off Twitter. Off all social networks. Frankly I wish we could revert to the early-Guternberg era. If people want to "tweet" they should have to manufacture their own paper, compose their 140 characters by hand from pieces of toxic lead, reproduce their message on a 3 tonne hand-operated cast iron press, then disseminate it on horseback to whomever they consider a necessary recipient. That'd make them think twice. C–nts.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:09 pm

let me guess , someone called kevin davies,- shit. and used that word, not bobbins , rubbish or owt similar, said poster got sweared about by his wife and the original cusser's 'computer arse' is now sore ?

its called t-rollin' , i think.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 pm

(P.S. I'm no hypocrite: my loathing extends to my own use of this forum.)

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 pm

She apparently 'plugged' a life insurance company regarding the death of Swedish footballer Brannstrom who collapsed and died during a match.

Not sure what context it was put in but alot of people aren't happy.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Sponge wrote:Gartside, Emma Davies, Sordell – these morons should just get off Twitter. Off all social networks. Frankly I wish we could revert to the early-Guternberg era. If people want to "tweet" they should have to manufacture their own paper, compose their 140 characters by hand from pieces of toxic lead, reproduce their message on a 3 tonne hand-operated cast iron press, then disseminate it on horseback to whomever they consider a necessary recipient. That'd make them think twice. C–nts.
Christ.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 am

LeDonk wrote:She apparently 'plugged' a life insurance company regarding the death of Swedish footballer Brannstrom who collapsed and died during a match.

doubt she'll need the money. and its topical. and the , erm, situation had concluded itself. so at least folk knew what were what.

i would find all that c.r.y chugger shizz when muamba had his , before he'd even woke up again, more offensive. but folk were RTing the eff out of that.

either one makes when rio ferdinand plugs a fecking chocolate bar, or some shit, on it for no reason look miles worse.
Last edited by a1 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 am

a1, you do know I have no clue what you've just written, don't you ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:50 am

LeDonk wrote:She apparently 'plugged' a life insurance company regarding the death of Swedish footballer Brannstrom who collapsed and died during a match.

Ah, so that's what those tweets were about.

I feel sorry for Sordell, he gets slated if he tweets about any football that isn't BWFC.

I don't blame him for wanting to watch anything other than us play at the moment!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:59 am

Don't really see the problem, she knows a lot of footballers an I'm guessing a few of those could do with life insurance so why not put the word out.

If she was doing it for financial gain then that's a different story but it doesn't look that way

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 am

I think Emma Davies' tweet was harmless. Agree re Sordell, not sure why he should only tweet about BWFC as some were suggesting. Do think both Sordell and Afobe should try and rise above some of the stuff they retaliate to but then if I put myself in their situation, I'd want to stick up for myself too!

Drive me mad some of these so called "fans".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am

BWFC89 wrote:I think Emma Davies' tweet was harmless. Agree re Sordell, not sure why he should only tweet about BWFC as some were suggesting. Do think both Sordell and Afobe should try and rise above some of the stuff they retaliate to but then if I put myself in their situation, I'd want to stick up for myself too!

Drive me mad some of these so called "fans".
No offence but just who the hell do some of these people think they are anyway? Mrs Davo could well only have an audience of two but for being married to a footballer, it don't make her a life changing moral leader of the "free" world. Nor does it make people who get paid huge sums of cash to post mind blowing drivel to their devotees anything but feed for those who want an insight into other things such as the atmosphere at the club etc. Abuse is uncalled for but they do take what say a tad to important it's not the 2012/13 version of the New Testiment!

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 am

I agree it was harmless, but a 140 spaces to explain life insurance.. it's not the platform to do it.

And using a specific company probably wasn't a good idea.

I know Twitters free speech but an element of professionalism and thought should be used when using it.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 am

More importantly, I've always thought she's a bit of a moose. If I were a footballer, I'd want to do a bit better for myself than her.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am

The fact that her and her hangeronners, genuinely couldn't see what was wrong with the tweet baffled me. She's always banging the drum about being 'abused' on twitter, then calls me a nob got having the audacity to think she's a bit of a bell-end.

It's a fair description, but she doesn't know that!! ;-)

She's got the thinnest skin of anybody I've ever come across. It's also a good job her husband (that's Kevin Davies by the way, she's never mentioned it) doesn't play for a bigger club. She's a PR disaster.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 am

She I think the trouble with Mrs Davies is she's terrified of coming across as a WAG. She's desperate to be seen as more intelligent and not as one dimensional than the average stereotypical footballer's wife.
Funny thing is though, the harder she tries to not look like a WAG the more she comes across as one. You can't even reply to any of her tweets (even polite chit-chat) without her immediately getting all defensive.

To be fair, her heart was in the right place with that insurance tweet. But it was the PR equivalent of an ambulance chaser turning up two minutes after a road traffic accident touting for business. Was piss funny reading her reaction to folk pointing this out to her though.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 am

Your rep has just gone into a tail-spin with that admission.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 am

As I've said before regarding other instances, the odd thing is that she was supposedly a PR exec before giving up on her career.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:30 am

It's no wonder she packed it in...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"