Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I'll be pissed if (Kevin) Davies makes the squad never mind the team now...

Life after Davies must begin soon

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:The most pleasing thing about this window is Afobe's loan being cut short. I feel like our attack has suddenly got less shit with him going. Now just to stick Kevin Davies on the bench and make Sordell our number 1 striker, in addition to a couple of the new boys and I'm quite optimistic.
The only one who can make Sordell our number-one striker is Sordell. Not long ago folk were saying the same about N'gog (even Afobe) . I'm hoping that what Dougie has done with these new players is to make competition for places a reality. Time will, no doubt, tell.
But surely at the moment on form Sordell gets the nod?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:The most pleasing thing about this window is Afobe's loan being cut short. I feel like our attack has suddenly got less shit with him going. Now just to stick Kevin Davies on the bench and make Sordell our number 1 striker, in addition to a couple of the new boys and I'm quite optimistic.
The only one who can make Sordell our number-one striker is Sordell. Not long ago folk were saying the same about N'gog (even Afobe) . I'm hoping that what Dougie has done with these new players is to make competition for places a reality. Time will, no doubt, tell.
Absolutely, and that's coming from Ngog's biggest fan.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Not contesting that at all. Winning is the thing regardless of how we do it. If he doesn't play he can't prove anything. Goes without saying.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I'll be pissed if (Kevin) Davies makes the squad never mind the team now...

We're likely to only play 1 up top against a very good side, so I dont see a better starting option than SKD. With Sordell to come on if we're behind or Cravies if we're level after about 70 mins.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm

You know I am pretty happy with Dougie"s signings I think we have had one of our best January transfer windows in my living memory.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
The only one who can make Sordell our number-one striker is Sordell. Not long ago folk were saying the same about N'gog (even Afobe).
did someone REALLY call for Afobe to be made our number one striker??? go on - spill! who was it - then we can all laugh at him/her...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
The only one who can make Sordell our number-one striker is Sordell. Not long ago folk were saying the same about N'gog (even Afobe).
did someone REALLY call for Afobe to be made our number one striker??? go on - spill! who was it - then we can all laugh at him/her...
Um .....
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I'll be pissed if (Kevin) Davies makes the squad never mind the team now...

We're likely to only play 1 up top against a very good side, so I dont see a better starting option than SKD. With Sordell to come on if we're behind or Cravies if we're level after about 70 mins.
Get your eyes tested then. Stumpy Kevin Davies.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Name starts with bwfc and ends in dan94 8)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:17 am

ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Aaah.

We thought you meant someone who had a clue
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Aaah.

We thought you meant someone who had a clue
Stop picking on Dan........

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:31 am

We thought you meant someone who had a clue[/quote]

Stop picking on Dan........[/quote]

Ta AG. I think my post of um..... following the question by Bish was a big hint.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:We thought you meant someone who had a clue
Stop picking on Dan........[/quote]

Ta AG. I think my post of um..... following the question by Bish was a big hint.[/quote]

happens. I face regular ridicule (not to mention allegations of homo man-crushes) from mates for claiming confidently pre-season that Ngog would be a goal machine at this level.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 am

Right children. Time to wave a cheery bye-bye to Worthy''s thread of loveliness. I'm locking it up forever before kick off today, so if anyone has any last crumbs of gossip get them in now.
Someone feel free start a new thread, though I don't see the point as I doubt that this one will ever be bettered. To that end I'd like to thank Worthy for bringing it to us and also give a big cheerio to the man himself for as everyone knows, as per the site rules not only does the gossip thread get locked at the end of the transfer window but the initial poster also gets a lifetime ban. Cheers fella, see you around.
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 am

Errr I think that you forgot to ban me?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Right children. Time to wave a cheery bye-bye to Worthy''s thread of loveliness. I'm locking it up forever before kick off today, so if anyone has any last crumbs of gossip get them in now.
Someone feel free start a new thread, though I don't see the point as I doubt that this one will ever be bettered. To that end I'd like to thank Worthy for bringing it to us and also give a big cheerio to the man himself for as everyone knows, as per the site rules not only does the gossip thread get locked at the end of the transfer window but the initial poster also gets a lifetime ban. Cheers fella, see you around.
Thanks for those few kind words before my departure Hoss.

I'm welling up. Please send the "whip round" from the lads over when the bag's full.

That said, I've just seen today's team sheet.

Bogdan

Mears Dawson Wheater Alonso

CYL Veloso Medo DeRidder

Sordell C. Davies

Subs:

Lonergan
Wylde
Gregus
Vela
Bolger
Spearing
Wylde

Can't wait.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 am

Worthy4England wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Right children. Time to wave a cheery bye-bye to Worthy''s thread of loveliness. I'm locking it up forever before kick off today, so if anyone has any last crumbs of gossip get them in now.
Thanks for those few kind words before my departure Hoss.

I'm welling up. Please send the "whip round" from the lads over when the bag's full.

That said, I've just seen today's team sheet.

Bogdan

Mears Dawson Wheater Alonso

CYL Veloso Medo DeRidder

Sordell C. Davies

Subs:

Lonergan
Wylde
Gregus
Vela
Bolger
Spearing
Wylde

Can't wait.
Swap Wylde for carlos sanchez and it's exactly what i'd pick.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 am

I actually thought it was real untill i got to wylde

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:02 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I actually thought it was real untill i got to wylde
You got to Wylde? I'd have thought that Veloso sitting in the middle of the park would have been the biggest hint...