Bolton vs Crystal Palace

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton vs Crystal Palace

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Not arsed about convincing...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Aye, win will do. Mo-men-tum.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm

We'll smash Palace :roll:
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Palace = won 3 and drawn 1 of the last four. Seems they have a young Scottish manager who's capable of turning round a poor start. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

starting my trek to the Reebok tomorrow. SKD Munich t-shirt packed. Been a while since I have been there and might be a long time before I am back again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:We'll smash Palace :roll:
Doubt it. Match them and get a winner will do. Odd goal and preferably with a clean sheet and I'll be well happy with the progress. Confidence is what we need.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:We'll smash Palace :roll:
Doubt it. Match them and get a winner will do. Odd goal and preferably with a clean sheet and I'll be well happy with the progress. Confidence is what we need.
Agreed, mate. I said after a couple of games that our big issue wasn't ability - managerial or with the players - but confidence. As soon as we get that back, we'll start playing near our best. If we win a scrappy, close game, I will still be delighted because I don't expect us to start playing with flair for a while yet. It's a slow process but get a win here and we're perfectly positioned to start building momentum and with momentum comes that all important confidence.

It'll be tough. I expect a few frustrated boos during the match. I just hope that the noise at 90 minutes are cheers. A win here is more than just 3 points, it's a chance to build on recent improving performances.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:05 pm

14 Bolton ............ 7 2 1 0 6 3 1 0 3 4 8 -1 10
15 Crystal Palace 7 2 1 1 8 7 1 0 2 3 6 -2 10

All things being equal (which they pretty much are), with home advantage we should win this one. Their goals for is a bit better, goals against a bit worse. Two of ours against have been penalties. All said, we don't want it equal after 95 mins. Be nice for Eagles to score against his namesakes.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 pm

From memory I think I've seen a lot of draws against Palace with the occasional win. Don't think I've seen us lose to them, first time for everything. At home we should be ok, esp if OC and Marvin have kissed and made up, and we remember that we should have confidence after last weekend.

I hope there's an Eaaaaaaggggggglllllleeeesss from the home fans after he scores :wink:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 am

TANGODANCER wrote:14 Bolton ............ 7 2 1 0 6 3 1 0 3 4 8 -1 10
15 Crystal Palace 7 2 1 1 8 7 1 0 2 3 6 -2 10

All things being equal (which they pretty much are), with home advantage we should win this one. Their goals for is a bit better, goals against a bit worse. Two of ours against have been penalties. All said, we don't want it equal after 95 mins. Be nice for Eagles to score against his namesakes.
Queen of the South? :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 pm

When Jimmy Pip and Dean Holdsworth both score against you - you're fecking shite.

More of the same tomorrow please :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEuJJufSYIo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW - Train users - Does the train from Horwich Parkway go all the way into Manny after the match or do you have to change somewhere?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Goes to Deansgate, Oxford Road, then Piccadilly before the Airport

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:Goes to Deansgate, Oxford Road, then Piccadilly before the Airport
Oh perfect. Cheers, Boris.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Palace.

Always a big one for me. When I were a lad, I'd go to just about all the home games, but the only away game we'd travel to was... Palace. My uncle lived in the area and was head at a school where Ron Noades, ex Palace chairman I think, was a governor. Or something like that.

Anyway, we'd get complimentary tickets to the directors box at Selhurst Park, and I used to love going. As Armchair states above, I recall mostly draws.

These days, I actually live in Crystal Palace, albeit the main area, not that near Selhurst itself. I'll be walking to the away leg, mind.

So - anyway. I digress. Put me down in the "three points by any means" category. I'd love a comfortable win - who wouldn't? - but I'll take the points however they come, thank you very much.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 pm

I think it's true that Palace have never beaten us at home in the League...

I've just jinxed it now, haven't I? :oops:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:36 pm

William the White wrote:I think it's true that Palace have never beaten us at home in the League...

I've just jinxed it now, haven't I? :oops:
Domed, bloody domed.

Freaking pensioners coming on here & spouting stuff like that !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:When Jimmy Pip and Dean Holdsworth both score against you - you're fecking shite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEuJJufSYIo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW - Train users - Does the train from Horwich Parkway go all the way into Manny after the match or do you have to change somewhere?

FIIIIIIISSSSH (was it really that long ago?).

At one point in that clip, just after JP scores, you can see "Curcic" on the back of a Palace shirt. As a once-favourite player of mine, I thought I'd find out what he is up to now. According to Wikipedia:

"On 5 May 2007, Ćurčić entered the Serbian Celebrity Big Brother house and won the contest on 3 June 2007 winning €50,000. The reality show win led to resurgence of popularity for him in Serbia, and he appeared in a series of TV commercials for Mobile Telephony of Serbia as well as on various talk and singing shows such as Oralno doba, Zvezde Granda, etc.

In February 2011 Ćurčić went on yet another reality show in Serbia. This time it was Parovi - the programme featuring couples that live in a big house for a few months while competing for a money prize - which he entered with his girlfriend. His time on the show was marked by drunken outbursts and insult-laced tirades directed at a wide variety of public figures in Serbia, culminating in an on-air physical altercation with Serbian rapper Gru. As a result Ćurčić was kicked off the show."

Think he deserves a "Where are they now?".

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 am

Sponge wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:When Jimmy Pip and Dean Holdsworth both score against you - you're fecking shite.

FIIIIIIISSSSH (was it really that long ago?).

At one point in that clip, just after JP scores, you can see "Curcic" on the back of a Palace shirt. As a once-favourite player of mine, I thought I'd find out what he is up to now. According to Wikipedia:

"On 5 May 2007, Ćurčić entered the Serbian Celebrity Big Brother house and won the contest on 3 June 2007 winning €50,000. The reality show win led to resurgence of popularity for him in Serbia, and he appeared in a series of TV commercials for Mobile Telephony of Serbia as well as on various talk and singing shows such as Oralno doba, Zvezde Granda, etc.

In February 2011 Ćurčić went on yet another reality show in Serbia. This time it was Parovi - the programme featuring couples that live in a big house for a few months while competing for a money prize - which he entered with his girlfriend. His time on the show was marked by drunken outbursts and insult-laced tirades directed at a wide variety of public figures in Serbia, culminating in an on-air physical altercation with Serbian rapper Gru. As a result Ćurčić was kicked off the show."

Think he deserves a "Where are they now?".

To answer my own question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGCF3SqHS6k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 am

He was ace. Proper character. Lazy fecker, but what ability!!

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 am

That Chelsea goal. If it was someone who played for Man United who scored it then it would be remembered as one of the best goals ever.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;