Wanderers away at Millwall

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanderers away at Millwall

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:31 pm

I am so glad I didn't go. Millwall is the Armpit of London and their fans are such wummery tosspots. And to lose there is so fxcking depressing. I woke up feeling sick this morning; and angry, and depressed, and frustrated, and annoyed, and disgusted, and bewildered, and sad.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I woke up feeling sick this morning; and angry, and depressed, and frustrated, and annoyed, and disgusted, and bewildered, and sad.
... and resolved never again to stay overnight in Travelodge??

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 pm

come on Will you work in the club shop you must know something
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm

GLAD TO SEE HIS ASSESSMENT OF US IS SLOWLY CHANGING NO MORE(WE WERE TERRIFICS)GONE DOWN TO VERY GOOD NOW.....MAYBE THE PENNY IS STARTING TO DROP????

OR IN HIS CASE=HAYPNY

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm

GLAD TO SEE HIS ASSESSMENT OF US IS SLOWLY CHANGING NO MORE(WE WERE TERRIFICS)GONE DOWN TO VERY GOOD NOW.....MAYBE THE PENNY IS STARTING TO DROP????

OR IN HIS CASE=HAYPNY :conf: :conf:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

What's with all the shouting? :)
Pfffft.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm

This forum is getting more like the BWFC Facebook page by the day.

"Sak da bored"

Why?

"Cuz Coyle is shiiiiit"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:This forum is getting more like the BWFC Facebook page by the day.

"Sak da bored"

Why?

"Cuz Coyle is shiiiiit"

:D
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 pm

boltonboris wrote:This forum is getting more like the BWFC Facebook page by the day.

"Sak da bored"

Why?

"Cuz Coyle is shiiiiit"
an e is w@nker m8 :)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Saturday was my first game of the season... just bringing myself to comment now.

As some of us discussed at the ground, the grim reality is that we just looked very evenly matched with Millwall. That's what was hardest for me to swallow. There is no hint, looking at us, that we have just come off the back of 11 years in the Premier League. Now, I know that a sense of entitlement is in itself undesirable and dangerous, but we have none of the swagger of a club that believes it should be playing at a higher level.
Dr.Karl wrote:Felt for Eagles after he missed his pen, you could see his confidence drain away. He is like the Cristanio Ronaldo of this league in terms of his swagger and status. They really hated him for that reason I think.
I've never been a fan of Eagles and have always had him down a Championship player. However, I do see a new value in him now for reasons you have hinted at here. As the Millwall fans helpfully pointed out, Eagles is an arrogant c*nt with a very high opinion of himself. The truth is, in a team completely lacking in characters and a belief, this is indispensible.

That's not to say that his revelling in being Billy Big Bollocks comes without any downside... not only did he allow himself to be thoroughly trash-talked by Shittu and others in the lead up to that horrible penalty (we should probably conclude now that he is not a penalty taker), but he rose to the crowd's baiting by getting himself a yellow card for crudely going through the back of someone on the halfway line.
William the White wrote: Our first half display deserved a gold award for ineptitude. We were dismal.
Absolutely - though we were arguably unlucky for their first goal, they could very easily have had two more in the first half.

As you say, we were much improved, perhaps even good, for the first 25 minutes of the second half. Having spent the entirety of the first half wondering what the point of Ngog is (our only productive use of the ball in the first 45 went through Davies), Ngog was suddenly involved in a lot of good play using his pace in the channels, rather than down the middle, until he was hauled off on the 70-minute mark. :lol: You have to laugh really. Then we were poor for what was left and were punished for it.

All in all a pretty miserable day. The only redeeming feature of the trip (mercifully only 4 miles away from where I'm living in Canary Wharf at the moment) was meeting William the White and catching up with 50sQuiff and Dr Karl for the first time in ages.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:24 pm

This was my first game since, er... Millwall in the Cup earlier in the year. We weren't massively convincing that day, but certainly looked to have more confidence than we did on Saturday.

What I saw simply confirmed what many have been saying on here for some time - poor defence, strikers' reluctant to shoot, baffling substitutions etc. As above, why Eagles ever allowed himself to be drawn into a spat with Shittu seconds before taking the pen, I'll never know.

Small sections of the support started anti-Coyle chants during the game, but were drowned out by support for the team. But there appeared to be a general (unspoken) consensus that the "Coyle Out" stuff should be saved for the end - strangely, that never materialised, though that was probably due to Coyle's speedy exit at the final whistle. If he can't face the supporters (for fear of a negative reaction), then he must know his time is up. Presumably, he'd rather be sacked (ie compensation) than go voluntarily - his BEN comments certainly seem to suggest that he's prepared to go now.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:43 pm

William the White wrote: The discontent among the supporters is spreading and getting more vocal. I don't have it in me to join in 'Coyle out' chants. I guess I respond to what I see with dismay rather than anger. But others - many and growing - have fewer inhibitions.
Interesting, because as somebody who hasn't made it to games this year, I was surprised by how muted the dissent was (relative, say, to the general tone on this site).

To me the air is one of weary resignation and disappointment, not the anger and vitriol that Megson seemed to inspire (with the odd exception).
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:50 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
William the White wrote: The discontent among the supporters is spreading and getting more vocal. I don't have it in me to join in 'Coyle out' chants. I guess I respond to what I see with dismay rather than anger. But others - many and growing - have fewer inhibitions.
Interesting, because as somebody who hasn't made it to games this year, I was surprised by how muted the dissent was (relative, say, to the general tone on this site).

To me the air is one of weary resignation and disappointment, not the anger and vitriol that Megson seemed to inspire (with the odd exception).
Question is, which is worse?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:

I think this is true, I find myself not really caring. I won't be ecstatic when Coyle goes the way I was when Megson was sacked. I'll be worried about who we get as a replacement rather than thinking 'at least it isn't Megson'.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:20 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Coyle's speedy exit at the final whistle. If he can't face the supporters (for fear of a negative reaction), then he must know his time is up.
Piss poor that he can't take either the time or the trouble to acknowledge people that have made the effort. Couldn't get the grinning c*nt off the pitch at Hillsborough.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:31 pm

stifle your tears...

Alan Nixon reckons that Sherah is gagging for the B'burn job and has made it very clear to them that he wants it....

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm

thebish wrote:stifle your tears...

Alan Nixon reckons that Sherah is gagging for the B'burn job and has made it very clear to them that he wants it....
Well there's a team talk guaranteed to send you fast asleep.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Beefheart wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:

I think this is true, I find myself not really caring. I won't be ecstatic when Coyle goes the way I was when Megson was sacked. I'll be worried about who we get as a replacement rather than thinking 'at least it isn't Megson'.
I really wanted, and still want to Coyle to succeed. It could be a great era for this club if that was to happen. However, the wanting, hoping, longing for sheer ineptitude and incompetence to prevail goes against all logic and natural law, to the point where it all becomes futile and tiring. We are set up to concede goals, to have little possession, to miss chances, but to occasionally look good at the same time. Every time we play well and lose/draw makes perfect sense, every time we play badly and lose makes perfect sense. Every time we win demands scrutiny as to how it happened.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 pm

That means Solsjkaers still available and up for a move to a jobbing Northern club in the 2nd tier of English footy. Yay!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 pm

... and, when we are at our lowest, there is always Blackburn to cheer us up !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".