Coyle sacked

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: Coyle sacked

Post by nelson66 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

i wish he'd shut the feck up
IF we get promoted he will try and take credit for it when in reality he deserves exactly what he got
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

'I'm the best manager I've ever been'

Fook me the next club who gets him is gonna be fooked.

I wouldnt wish him on my worst enemy.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Apparently coyle has a copy of captain sensible's Happy Talk on continuous repeat in his head.

Course there is the chance that the team will pick up no end without(a very good chance) so this is a neat way of trying to claim credit for his skills when actually it was his poor use of the players he had that caused them to struggle. Either he's mad or just not very bright.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm

His stubbornness is his downfall

learn from your mistakes man

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:54 pm

officer_dibble wrote:His stubbornness is his downfall

learn from your mistakes man
How can he learn from his mistakes when he clearly doesnt believe he made any. I'm not so sure he's stubborn anymore just not perceiving the world in the manner that others do.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Coyle wrote: "There will be opportunities. The phone's not stopped since I left last week, but obviously I need to make sure it's the right thing for me, my staff and my family when it comes about."
:lol:

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Owen Coyle says Bolton in good shape to win Championship

Owen Coyle insists he has left Bolton in good shape to win the Championship under new manager Dougie Freedman.

Crystal Palace have confirmed that Freedman has left them to replace Coyle, who was sacked on 9 October.

"I don't want to sound too big-headed here, but I've done all the dirty work," Coyle told Radio 5 live.

"The only thing that stopped us this year was real bad luck. It was very simple. But good luck to Dougie. He's a lovely lad. I know him well.

Bolton, relegated from the Premier League last season, were 18th in the Championship when the former Burnley boss was dismissed.

"I've slashed the wage bill, as we had to do over a period of coming up for three years," added Coyle. "And they have, I believe, the best set of players in the Championship.

"And if I was a betting man, which obviously I'm not allowed to be, I'd be putting money on Bolton to win the league.

Palace granted Bolton permission to speak to Freedman on Monday, having initially rejected an approach.

It is not yet clear whether Palace assistant manager Lennie Lawrence and first-team coach Curtis Fleming will be moving to the Reebok Stadium as well.

Coyle is keen to get back into management following his exit from Bolton and believes he would be an asset to any club who takes him on.

He added: "I absolutely love football. If I wasn't involved in it, then I'd be away paying a fiver to play in five-a-sides because I love the game.

"What I do know is that at whichever club the opportunity arises for me, they're going to be very fortunate, because I'm the best manager I've ever been.

"Yes, I accept it's been a difficult last year, but coming on the back of the work I've had to do, I'm well set to go in and take another challenge.

"And that's the way football works. Everywhere I've been, I've been very fortunate to work at wonderful football clubs, and the next one will be the same.

"There will be opportunities. The phone's not stopped since I left last week, but obviously I need to make sure it's the right thing for me, my staff and my family when it comes about."
He's either an incredibly positive person, or he's completely delusional. I think it's the former. Being positive is an essential attribute to be succesful, but he needs to learn when to show his positivity in public and when to save it for the training ground.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 pm

thebish wrote:
Coyle wrote: "There will be opportunities. The phone's not stopped since I left last week, but obviously I need to make sure it's the right thing for me, my staff and my family when it comes about."
Poor lamb. Obviously didnt used to be home when the telesales folk are cold calling.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 pm

thebish wrote:

Haha, I clocked that. God, he might be a nice bloke, but he's definitely mad. So relieved to have him out of our club.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Sponge wrote:
thebish wrote:

Haha, I clocked that. God, he might be a nice bloke, but he's definitely mad. So relieved to have him out of our club.
It's actually just a piece of wood that he likes to call his staff. Takes it to bed with him and everything

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Paul Jewell has just been sacked by Ipswich. Are we too late? Has Doogie signed on the dotted yet?
Businesswoman of the year.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Owen Coyle says Bolton in good shape to win Championship

Owen Coyle insists he has left Bolton in good shape to win the Championship under new manager Dougie Freedman.

Crystal Palace have confirmed that Freedman has left them to replace Coyle, who was sacked on 9 October.

"I don't want to sound too big-headed here, but I've done all the dirty work," Coyle told Radio 5 live.

"The only thing that stopped us this year was real bad luck. It was very simple. But good luck to Dougie. He's a lovely lad. I know him well.

Bolton, relegated from the Premier League last season, were 18th in the Championship when the former Burnley boss was dismissed.

"I've slashed the wage bill, as we had to do over a period of coming up for three years," added Coyle. "And they have, I believe, the best set of players in the Championship.

"And if I was a betting man, which obviously I'm not allowed to be, I'd be putting money on Bolton to win the league.

Palace granted Bolton permission to speak to Freedman on Monday, having initially rejected an approach.

It is not yet clear whether Palace assistant manager Lennie Lawrence and first-team coach Curtis Fleming will be moving to the Reebok Stadium as well.

Coyle is keen to get back into management following his exit from Bolton and believes he would be an asset to any club who takes him on.

He added: "I absolutely love football. If I wasn't involved in it, then I'd be away paying a fiver to play in five-a-sides because I love the game.

"What I do know is that at whichever club the opportunity arises for me, they're going to be very fortunate, because I'm the best manager I've ever been.

"Yes, I accept it's been a difficult last year, but coming on the back of the work I've had to do, I'm well set to go in and take another challenge.

"And that's the way football works. Everywhere I've been, I've been very fortunate to work at wonderful football clubs, and the next one will be the same.

"There will be opportunities. The phone's not stopped since I left last week, but obviously I need to make sure it's the right thing for me, my staff and my family when it comes about."
He's either an incredibly positive person, or he's completely delusional. I think it's the former. Being positive is an essential attribute to be succesful, but he needs to learn when to show his positivity in public and when to save it for the training ground.

Methinks that staff of his has fallen over during the night and given him a good whack causing SEVERE CONCUSSION AND CONFUSION :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

" ... if I was a betting man, which obviously I'm not allowed to be, I'd be putting money on Bolton to win the league".

Well, actually Owen you ARE allowed to bet on it. You're unemployed sunshine.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:" ... if I was a betting man, which obviously I'm not allowed to be, I'd be putting money on Bolton to win the league".

He may be referring to his faith?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Sponge wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:" ... if I was a betting man, which obviously I'm not allowed to be, I'd be putting money on Bolton to win the league".

He may be referring to his faith?
He's Catholic. It's bloody close to compulsory.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 pm

thebish wrote:
Aren"t his staff and his family the same people?

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm

No murder, theft, adultery...I'm fine with all that.

No gambling? F*ck off!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Coyle really is a Knob
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:07 am

officer_dibble wrote:
thebish wrote:
:grin:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 am

boltonboris wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
thebish wrote:
:grin:
We did get him from Burnley...