Now he's gone, who's next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to see replacing Owen Coyle?

Alan Curbishley
12%
Paolo di Canio
7%
Billy Davies
7%
Keith Hill
4%
Roy Keane
1%
Mick McCarthy
9%
Gary Neville
8%
A rising lower-league boss (eg Micky Mellon)
9%
BWFC legend (eg Hierro/Gudni/McGinlay)
8%
Someone from abroad (eg Solskjaer)
27%
Someone from within (LSL/Jiminho/Didsy/Zico)
2%
AN Other
6%

Total votes: 128

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Now he's gone, who's next?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm

jaffka wrote:I cannot believe some of the stuff on this thread?

People dont mind Manure? You are all a disgrace.

Lots of so called fans who are all experts on other peoples team and think that when they watch the game in the pub they are away from home.

W*ankers.
:pray:

Bunch of to55ers but funnily enough I never hated OGS as much as the rest of em.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Lots of so called fans who are all experts on other peoples team and think that when they watch the game in the pub they are away from home.

W*ankers.

Bunch of to55ers but funnily enough I never hated OGS as much as the rest of em.
obviously there are just degrees of to55ership! 8)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

W*ankers.

obviously there are just degrees of to55ership! 8)
cos he was always injured

and until he is one of us, he is a w@nker

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Just thought I would post this, I have to ask was Curbishley at any point the 'favourite 'to land the job?

If so I don't remember http://addickschampionshipdiary.blogspo ... olton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nor do I recall any offer.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Solskjaer allegedly wouldn't move before the end of the Norwegian football season. Which is in about 4 weeks time. That's if he'd be interested. Would you look to put in place a pre-nup and wait?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Solskjaer allegedly wouldn't move before the end of the Norwegian football season. Which is in about 4 weeks time. That's if he'd be interested. Would you look to put in place a pre-nup and wait?
I get the impression OGS is a bit of a flirt. Likes a bit of attention and flattery but wont let anyone past first base! Could be wrong of course.
Now Mick Mac there's a different sort of girl altogether :shock:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Solskjaer allegedly wouldn't move before the end of the Norwegian football season. Which is in about 4 weeks time. That's if he'd be interested. Would you look to put in place a pre-nup and wait?
I get the impression OGS is a bit of a flirt. Likes a bit of attention and flattery but wont let anyone past first base! Could be wrong of course.
Now Mick Mac there's a different sort of girl altogether :shock:
Might be that he wants to finish what he started and not think about the future until then. He knows what leaving with a month to go might do to his teams' chances.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Bolton news suggesting we could stick with Sammy and Jimmy on a 'longer basis' if we can't get the manager we want now.

Not sure what 'longer basis' means, end of season or a few weeks.

We did similar with Brown whilst we waited for Allardyce.

Still not convinced that Solskjaer is really our first choice, but we will see.

Certainly seems like we will remain 'managerless' for the next few weeks at least.

I wonder if results don't come whether there is then a call made to Big Mick to come in and sort it out?

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:31 pm

And leave Sammy Lee in charge for four weeks?

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:13 pm

cecil.bob wrote:
It'll be reet.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Molde's next five include two Europa League games and three games against the three teams directly below them in the league. It's probably pretty reasonable of him to not want to just feck them off and come here.

If he's the man we want, it's worth waiting a month.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I've thought long and hard about the candidates for the managers job and can now reveal my selection.

Lance Armstrong. He knows how to get the best possible performances and he is now hated. Just think of it. We have done best in the past when everyone else was against us!

Yes, Lance for BWFC (so long as he doesn't bring that minger Sheryl Crow along as assistant).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:30 pm

cecil.bob wrote:
A lot will depend on the suit. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Whookam wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Just thought I would post this, I have to ask was Curbishley at any point the 'favourite 'to land the job?

If so I don't remember http://addickschampionshipdiary.blogspo ... olton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nor do I recall any offer.

What a load of toss darn sarfers come out with :spank:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Molde's next five include two Europa League games and three games against the three teams directly below them in the league. It's probably pretty reasonable of him to not want to just feck them off and come here.

It is

Just a pity clueless hadn't got us another 6 points to buy us some time, but we have had a difficult start against a string of elite clubs
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Molde's next five include two Europa League games and three games against the three teams directly below them in the league. It's probably pretty reasonable of him to not want to just feck them off and come here.

Aye fine to wait, so long as

A) he is who we want.

B) he is actually willing to come at that point....

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Oh, of course I'd want some kind of agreement beforehand (something more concrete than a fax, for example). It's not that hard to imagine a scenario whereby in a months time McCarthy has gone to Blackburn/Burnley, Molde have won the league and the Lee/Phillips combo are still fighting against relegation to League One.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Oh god please lets not do a terry connor

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Its equally plausible that Molde will lose the league, McCarthy will go to Blackburn and have them spiralling down the table and Lee/Phillips will have us in the play-off spots.

There are no guarantees.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:57 pm

I can't believe I'm posting this but potentially, potentially, Sammy Lee COULD work in the short term. If you think what he tried to do last time, he tried to radically change the style of football and personnel on the pitch all at once and it just didn't work. He brought in poor players in a tough division. This time around, he's got players that on paper are better than a lot of players in the division we are in now. We may see a reduction in hoofball to Davies, we may finally see Sordell get some playing time and if he has any idea on the defence (well as long as he has more than Coyle which isn't asking much) then we can pick up a few points.

Not saying I want him in long term mind, but I don't think it's quite as bad as it sounds.