Owen Coyle. Where did it all go wrong?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Owen Coyle. Where did it all go wrong?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:28 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm getting a headache... who said what? and why? and did they they mean it?

megson said that BigSam's backroom army was a bag of bollox. that's basically all you need to know...

I don't think that has come up yet.
Right. I think the neurofen's kicking in.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm getting a headache... who said what? and why? and did they they mean it?

megson said that BigSam's backroom army was a bag of bollox. that's basically all you need to know...

I don't think that has come up yet.
oh - and for some reason as yet undiscovered, BWFCi is holding out some kind of a vague argument that Megson was somehow marginally more sophisticated in the use of backroom staff for the general good of the football club than Coyle was...

which is a bit like an in depth argument over whether labrador sh*t is better than dalmatian sh*t...

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Megson was almost 3 pissing years ago. I don't care about what he did or didn't do anymore.

Coyle had plenty of time to sort the backroom staff side of things if it wasn't adequate. It's apparent that he didn't and no doubt this is part of the reason he finds himself without a job and we're 18th place in the bloody Championship!
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:44 pm

I think we've been somewhat hyijacked here. The basic premise is that no manager has seen fit to replace the set up that Allardyce dismantled. BWFCi seems to want to contend this wasn't true under Megson.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think we've been somewhat hyijacked here. The basic premise is that no manager has seen fit to replace the set up that Allardyce dismantled. BWFCi seems to want to contend this wasn't true under Megson.
No, I'm saying that we had a more scaled down approach. That appears to have disappeared completely under Coyle.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I think we've been somewhat hyijacked here. The basic premise is that no manager has seen fit to replace the set up that Allardyce dismantled. BWFCi seems to want to contend this wasn't true under Megson.
No, I'm saying that we had a more scaled down approach. That appears to have disappeared completely under Coyle.
the kind of scaled down approach where his attitude was that it was all a bag of bollox.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Article in the BN which supports this http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... nt_impact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (though that might be what you are already talking about)

Mentions how the new regime have started double training sessions, have training tailored to meet individual player needs and are working on organising the midfield and back 4. When will they have time for ping pong?!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:01 pm

OK, getting into this now. As I see it from the above arguments we have 4 basic premises to go at:
Theorum 1 Allardyce=Megson=Coyle
Theorum 2 Allardyce>Megson>Coyle
Theorum 3 Allardyce≠Megson=Coyle
Theorum 4 Allardyce≠Megson≡Coyle
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:OK, getting into this now. As I see it from the above arguments we have 4 basic premises to go at:
:crazy:

BSA Megson Coyle
Simples!
Psss wanna know how to buld a nu...... oppps better not might get paid a visit from the spooks :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:OK, getting into this now. As I see it from the above arguments we have 4 basic premises to go at:
:crazy:

BSA Megson Coyle
Simples!
Psss wanna know how to buld a nu...... oppps better not might get paid a visit from the spooks :mrgreen:
You're a proponent of theory 2. I'd have had you down as theory 4. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:20 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
the kind of scaled down approach where his attitude was that it was all a bag of bollox.

Yeah, apparently Megson was recently on R5 saying that "[Allardyce's] back-room set-up was a big bag of hairy bollox [sic]".

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:22 pm

What the poo stains are you lot on about?!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Bollocks I think
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:56 pm

I think this article is slightly different to the ones linked above, but follows a similar trait. The part about training being light hearted under Coyle makes my piss boil. We've been in free fall for 18 months yet he stuck to keeping a smile on the players face? To follow the theme of the thread, what a load of hairy bollocks!

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/99 ... he_Reebok/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Beefheart wrote:Article in the BN which supports this http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... nt_impact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (though that might be what you are already talking about)

Mentions how the new regime have started double training sessions, have training tailored to meet individual player needs and are working on organising the midfield and back 4. When will they have time for ping pong?!
Extraordinary.Who'd have thought of doing that. Phillips/Lee in
So will they be picking one of Petrov/mavis /Eagles in midfield or by the miracle of the new regime will they suddenly learn to take part and tackle/track back when we dont have the ball. TBH Mavis tries to but his little legs are too short(which is why he cant cross a ball either!)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
there was that time when he was the manager and said that there was a lot wrong with the club and not just due to the last manager

he also was on radio 5 recently saying basically that BSA's methods were a great big bag of bollox

as far as i can see only a real true cockend would be wanting to try and paint megson in a bright light

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Article in the BN which supports this http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... nt_impact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (though that might be what you are already talking about)

Extraordinary.Who'd have thought of doing that. Phillips/Lee in
So will they be picking one of Petrov/mavis /Eagles in midfield or by the miracle of the new regime will they suddenly learn to take part and tackle/track back when we dont have the ball. TBH Mavis tries to but his little legs are too short(which is why he cant cross a ball either!)
Makes Coyles world sound like a pub team to be honest...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:15 pm

thebish wrote:which is a bit like an in depth argument over whether labrador sh*t is better than dalmatian sh*t...
Indeed. Can we please move on?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm

chester white wrote:I think this article is slightly different to the ones linked above, but follows a similar trait. The part about training being light hearted under Coyle makes my piss boil. We've been in free fall for 18 months yet he stuck to keeping a smile on the players face? To follow the theme of the thread, what a load of hairy bollocks!

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/99 ... he_Reebok/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another coach with a rich Burnden past, Julian Darby, had also been helping out at Lostock and was quickly called upon by Phillips to help out.
Lostock? Is that where da yoot play?

And you have to chuckle at this:
Sammy Lee said rather than wrote:People say you are only as good as your last game, but you are not. You are only as good as your next game and that is Bristol City at home where everyone will hopefully be up and ready to go.
:D Good luck Sammy, Jiminho and the boys...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
chester white wrote:I think this article is slightly different to the ones linked above, but follows a similar trait. The part about training being light hearted under Coyle makes my piss boil. We've been in free fall for 18 months yet he stuck to keeping a smile on the players face? To follow the theme of the thread, what a load of hairy bollocks!

Another coach with a rich Burnden past, Julian Darby, had also been helping out at Lostock and was quickly called upon by Phillips to help out.
Lostock? Is that where da yoot play?

And you have to chuckle at this:
Sammy Lee said rather than wrote:People say you are only as good as your last game, but you are not. You are only as good as your next game and that is Bristol City at home where everyone will hopefully be up and ready to go.
:D Good luck Sammy, Jiminho and the boys...
What ever happens he'll be looking to take the positives out of it...