Allardyce piece in the London Evening Standard

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Allardyce piece in the London Evening Standard

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-c ... 18052.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Businesswoman of the year.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Allardyce piece in the London Evening Standard

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am

He's a cock.

Wish he was still our cock though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:57 am

CrazyHorse wrote:He's a cock.

Wish he was still our cock though.
Indeed.

To be honest if you want to go down as a "won't get a bad word said against you hero" then your actions have to reflect that and his didn't.

Its fine to say leaving, pretending to be want a "break from the game", pitching up at Newcastle, saying you won't touch the legacy "you've left behind", then ripping it apart is part of the game.....it is.

He was in his rights to do all that.

But still those left behind at his old club aren't exactly going to be happy about it, or worship him after he's done it.

Still have him back in a heartbeat of course. Best manager I've ever seen operate at Bolton. I suspect we'll never see the likes of him again here.

But he was and is a complete arse.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:13 pm

The opposing feeling I have about Bolton is because of the bitterness and lack of appreciation when I left in 2007 after eight seasons.

It came from everyone from the top downwards and it was something which really upset me. I was portrayed as this person who had done virtually nothing for the club — there was no appreciation — which was rather sad after what we had built there.
Sad to read that, I really appreciate what he did for our club. Seeing european football at bolton is an experience from my childhood I'll never forget and I'm thankful for that. Best manager we've ever had.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Jez wrote:
The opposing feeling I have about Bolton is because of the bitterness and lack of appreciation when I left in 2007 after eight seasons.

It came from everyone from the top downwards and it was something which really upset me. I was portrayed as this person who had done virtually nothing for the club — there was no appreciation — which was rather sad after what we had built there.
Sad to read that, I really appreciate what he did for our club. Seeing european football at bolton is an experience from my childhood I'll never forget and I'm thankful for that. Best manager we've ever had.
jesus christ

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Jez wrote:

Aye which is all fine. It doesn't mean his actions on leaving weren't disgraceful though.

Especially in the context of him being given the most money a Bolton manager had ever spent in a season to spend (at that juncture) that year, against the panorama backdrop and continued backing of the club.

"Really upset him" my arse.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm

One of BSA biggest attributes is his 100% self belief - which unfortunately manifests itself in his sometimes coming across as an arse.
I'd have him back tomorrow - he was much better than any of the other arses who followed him

Best years of my life spent watching Rioch and then Allardyce teams tearing up the big boys egos.
Happy days.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 pm

I'll never forget his first game back with Newcastle, and him celebrating like he'd won the f*cking Champions League when they scored :evil:

Top manager but a complete w*nker of a bloke, he constantly wants recognition for his work here but when he does come back shows the place (especially the fans, who supported him after he was accused of dipping) a complete lack of respect.

His ego is possibly bigger than his fat gut too - and we all know that fat people smell bad -another reason to dislike the bloke.
Troll and proud of it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Football's ram jam full of assholes from end to end. It's just that if they're your assholes that get overlooked and they get forgiven quicker. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Football's ram jam full of assholes arseholes from end to end. It's just that if they're your assholes arseholes that get overlooked and they get forgiven quicker. :wink:
Fixed it for you. We're British :wink:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 pm

He can say what he wants – we have this glorious moment to laugh at:

http://lockerz.com/u/20949625/decalz/10 ... blackburn_

Just look at his face at 1.03. Priceless.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 pm

His B teams, how very fxckin' dare he... :evil:

And then I realised Bolton, Blackburn... beginneth with B
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Sponge wrote:He can say what he wants – we have this glorious moment to laugh at:

http://lockerz.com/u/20949625/decalz/10 ... blackburn_

Just look at his face at 1.03. Priceless.
I've not even clicked on that link and I'm chuckling just from memory. Brilliant.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Jez wrote:

Diddums, the big, soft c*nt. Was he not handsomely remunerated for doing what he was brought in to do?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Big Sam, a master at re-writing history, and referring to himself in the third person. Definitely an arse.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm

1.Nat Lofthouse
2.Sam Allardyce

The most important men in Bolton's post war history

One won us a major trophy, the other got us into the top 6 and Europe after 40 years of mediocrity.

Anybody else is a distant 3rd

Enough said.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:1.Nat Lofthouse
2.Sam Allardyce

One won us a major trophy, the other got us into the top 6 and Europe after 40 years of mediocrity.

Enough said.

eddie davies??

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:One won us a major trophy, the other got us into the top 6 and Europe after 40 years of mediocrity.
We were in the Premier League twice before Allardyce arrived. We'd also been to a League Cup final. Hardly '40 years of mediocrity'.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:27 pm

BL3 wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:One won us a major trophy, the other got us into the top 6 and Europe after 40 years of mediocrity.
We were in the Premier League twice before Allardyce arrived. We'd also been to a League Cup final. Hardly '40 years of mediocrity'.
We'd got relegated twice.Allardyce took over a 2nd tier club that was skint and hadn't avoided relegation from the top division in almost 20 years.Just staying up was a wonderful achievement let alone getting us into the top 6.

Rochdale and Oldham both lost League Cup finals in that previous 40 years, reaching and losing a League Cup Final is hardly a great achievement.In fact losing a League Cup Final was arguably the worst day under Sam Allardyce.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 pm

thebish wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:1.Nat Lofthouse
2.Sam Allardyce

Enough said.

eddie davies??

Congratulations on making me laugh...... Eddie Davies the big money backer whose most expensive signing in our first season back was a monster 650K on Henrik Pedersen.Not even fit to sit in the same box as the owners of Fulham and Blackburn who we got promoted with.They bought their place in the Premier League, we did it because of the great Sam Allardyce who could make survivors out of freebies, cheapies and the losers he inherited.