Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:I must say sometimes I truly despair over some of the posts on here...
I'm sure you do, but you'll need to expand on that statement in order to enlighten us about which particular aspects it is that's causing you despair.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:I must say sometimes I truly despair over some of the posts on here...
I'm sure you do, but you'll need to expand on that statement in order to enlighten us about which particular aspects it is that's causing you despair.
Touche...

I am not certain what some people expect is all, we've got a guy in who in a season and a half turned a team around to be top of the table, but because he's not manage to turn around a team that had been left to wrack and ruin by the previous management, he's not good enough... He's had 7 games yet already he's not good enough, and we've even got people saying its time to change... Anyone would think we'd employed Rafa Benitez!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

We'd be a better side if we played in front of an empty stadium..

I'm forever shouting at idiots to shut the fvck up when they're yelling to get the ball forwards when we try and play out from the back..

We really do have cretinous, stupid fans.. They're not really a minority either.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Touche...

I am not certain what some people expect is all, we've got a guy in who in a season and a half turned a team around to be top of the table, but because he's not manage to turn around a team that had been left to wrack and ruin by the previous management, he's not good enough... He's had 7 games yet already he's not good enough, and we've even got people saying its time to change... Anyone would think we'd employed Rafa Benitez!
You'll have to point some of these out to me.. Because I've seen nothing of the sort to be honest mate.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Touche...

have we???

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:We'd be a better side if we played in front of an empty stadium..

I'm forever shouting at idiots to shut the fvck up when they're yelling to get the ball forwards when we try and play out from the back..

We really do have cretinous, stupid fans.. They're not really a minority either.
Bang on.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the morons who can't comprehend that keeping the ball, no matter how slowly it comes forward, is an essential part of the game. "Get it forward!!" - No, f*cking keep the bastard thing until an opening transpires.

Funnily enough, these same morons bitch when we do play it forward quickly, and then lose it.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 pm

I funking despair at some of our fans. Totally agree with BB, BWFCi and TW15 here. What is it with our fans? I know I asked the same for Owen but would it not serve to get behind the manager rather than castigating him after 7 games?

Is it any real surprise that we respond better away from home because the fans are actually cheering the team on and are happy to see us build patiently.

It's like some have been infected with some footballing disease that stops the brain from working properly and only allows them to shout random insults at specific players
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm

TKIZ! wrote:I funking despair at some of our fans. Totally agree with BB, BWFCi and TW15 here. What is it with our fans? I know I asked the same for Owen but would it not serve to get behind the manager rather than castigating him after 7 games?

Is it any real surprise that we respond better away from home because the fans are actually cheering the team on and are happy to see us build patiently.

It's like some have been infected with some footballing disease that stops the brain from working properly and only allows them to shout random insults at specific players
has a bolton crowd ever cheered the equivalent of being dicked by barnsley and ipswich at home?? i don't think the root problem here is the fans...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:43 pm

TBF, they get paid lots of money.

We've changed the manager...
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 pm

thebish wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:I funking despair at some of our fans. Totally agree with BB, BWFCi and TW15 here. What is it with our fans? I know I asked the same for Owen but would it not serve to get behind the manager rather than castigating him after 7 games?

has a bolton crowd ever cheered the equivalent of being dicked by barnsley and ipswich at home?? i don't think the root problem here is the fans...
Maybe not the root, but it is a problem and frankly embarrassing at times.

As said away from home the backing is there.

At home there are people who can't wait to abuse someone, ideally one of our own players.

And silence other than that. Dougie has hinted at it, a couple of our players have too.

It's clear he is trying to change how we play and stop us throwing it forwards and losing possession. It's going to take a long time and be frustrating at points, but it's surely worth showing a bit of patience rather than screaming at Knight or Ricketts to launch it, then berating them for losing the ball?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Cancerously embarassing?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Cancerously embarassing?
Dunno, but probably not as embarrassing as the 'made up' wage bill totals... :wink:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:03 pm

thebish wrote:

Barnsley at Birmingham, that was a dicking. I'd hardly called 1-1 a dicking and we certainly don't have a divine right to beat teams.
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

Maybe not the root, but it is a problem and frankly embarrassing at times.

As said away from home the backing is there.

At home there are people who can't wait to abuse someone, ideally one of our own players.

And silence other than that. Dougie has hinted at it, a couple of our players have too.

It's clear he is trying to change how we play and stop us throwing it forwards and losing possession. It's going to take a long time and be frustrating at points, but it's surely worth showing a bit of patience rather than screaming at Knight or Ricketts to launch it, then berating them for losing the ball?
Thanks BWFCi, you summed it up very nicely.
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 pm

^ This.

My first season back for a while this year and I was a bit taken aback by some of the numpties sat near me. Many of whom think its perfectly acceptable to abuse our own players, often for nothing more than just being on the pitch. These would be the same clowns who'd be moaning to stewards should any player get fed up and flick em the V's.

It was quite apparent on Saturday that the team were doing their utmost to keep possession. In the early part of the game when we were 1 up most tended to accept this. Once the 2nd goal didn't come, the same numpties near me were shouting at players to lump it forward. TBH once it reached 80 minutes, we SHOULD have been able to close the game out by keeping possession and slowing the game right down. I think Andrews is right, that impatience transferred from the stands to the pitch.

It's going to take a while for the players to get used to this new system. I suspect it will take some of the fans a lot longer.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:^ This.

My first season back for a while this year and I was a bit taken aback by some of the numpties sat near me. Many of whom think its perfectly acceptable to abuse our own players, often for nothing more than just being on the pitch. These would be the same clowns who'd be moaning to stewards should any player get fed up and flick em the V's.

It was quite apparent on Saturday that the team were doing their utmost to keep possession. In the early part of the game when we were 1 up most tended to accept this. Once the 2nd goal didn't come, the same numpties near me were shouting at players to lump it forward. TBH once it reached 80 minutes, we SHOULD have been able to close the game out by keeping possession and slowing the game right down. I think Andrews is right, that impatience transferred from the stands to the pitch.

It's going to take a while for the players to get used to this new system. I suspect it will take some of the fans a lot longer.
Then some fans are going to have to have a reality check, we've become the one thing we disliked all those years ago: *the type of fan who has no patience for anything other than instant results ie Liverpool/Newcastle/West Ham/Chelsea fans
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

The reality is that we are probably now considerably more impatient than those aforementioned club's fans.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:29 pm

I think I've said this already but I physically had to move away from a guy sat in front of me a couple of games ago. Slating the entire team for anything and everything. It's embarrassing! Come on here and vent but at the Reebok on match days the only thing we can do to help is get behind them.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Still don't get why that is the case? Went to the Cardiff game and some bloke spent the entire game on Eagles/Mavies and Ricketts back. Walked out when N'Gog scored the winner. That's really odd
Last edited by TKIZ! on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I have a couple of lads sit near me and they're regular whingers, the most popular refrains being
"If we cant beat the likes of these (Ipswich, Barnsley, Forest, Cardiff etc etc) then it's a bad do" or
"These are terrible, the worst team I've seen here"

At a guess I'd say they're both in their early 20s. It only really dawned on me on saturday that they've probably never seen us play outside the Prem before. We're going to have a lot of fans who believe we have a divine right to be in the Premier league
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"