Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

Beefheart wrote: I figured Tom Eaves getting a new contract was an indication that SKD might not be.
Ermm, that's a massive leap
Sto ut Serviam

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:38 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:But these have already "made it". The talented but undirected will have been sifted as they came through the system.
That's not what I've been witnessing a dozen or so times a season for the last couple of years! :)
But all joking aside, no player, right 'down' to the 4th division is other than capable. OK, some are better than others, but you can't imagine how good this lot are.
About the time you still had dreams. I knew a lad in our reserves

!0 years older than me - his dad had played at Bury

Dad was adamant the difference between 4 and 1 was minimal in terms of ability

Consistency, even with any 90 minutes, was the difference
Sto ut Serviam

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 am

It seems Palace are on a major slide :lol: 1 win in 12 and Palace fans have soon changed there tune about Holloway.. They was happy to lose Dougie for "a much better manager". Apparently it's all Dougie's fault for leaving because if he had stayed they would have gone up!

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240095" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am

ChrisC wrote:It seems Palace are on a major slide :lol: 1 win in 12 and Palace fans have soon changed there tune about Holloway.. They was happy to lose Dougie for "a much better manager". Apparently it's all Dougie's fault for leaving because if he had stayed they would have gone up!

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240095" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There were some Bolton fans who wished we'd got Holloway and left Freedman where he was.

Worth noting amid discussion of immediate impacts managers have made (Mick McC, Dyche) that Holloway is a very similar manager to Coyle in lots of ways and has taken a bunch of players winning games for Dougie and made them shit.

So by that logic Dougie's a genius.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:45 am

LeverEnd wrote:
ChrisC wrote:It seems Palace are on a major slide :lol: 1 win in 12 and Palace fans have soon changed there tune about Holloway.. They was happy to lose Dougie for "a much better manager". Apparently it's all Dougie's fault for leaving because if he had stayed they would have gone up!

There were some Bolton fans who wished we'd got Holloway and left Freedman where he was.

Worth noting amid discussion of immediate impacts managers have made (Mick McC, Dyche) that Holloway is a very similar manager to Coyle in lots of ways and has taken a bunch of players winning games for Dougie and made them shit.

So by that logic Dougie's a genius.
Funny you should say that :lol: quite a few have said the team has gone to shit and all over the place. Also that they don't even look like they are being coached.

Sounds familiar :roll:

When I think of managers like Coyle and Holloway I just think of one thing..

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:06 am

This was ridiculous...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20392765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A number of our players have hinted strongly that Coyle's training wasn't up to much and how it's improved under Dougie. Bout time results caught up!

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:46 am

LeverEnd wrote:This was ridiculous...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20392765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A number of our players have hinted strongly that Coyle's training wasn't up to much and how it's improved under Dougie. Bout time results caught up!
I've spoken to 2 of the first team squad in the last few days who have confirmed that the training regime under DF is so much better. There appears to be a structure to the training now, as opposed to the random 5-a-sides that Coyle seemed to favour. They both confirmed that Lenny L is the tactical brain behind the team whereas DF concentrates on the man-management aspects. Both players were much happier with the current management team so hopefully this will transpire into improved results on match days, eventually!
The Voice Of Reason

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am

Salford Trotter wrote:I've spoken to 2 of the first team squad in the last few days who have confirmed that the training regime under DF is so much better. There appears to be a structure to the training now, as opposed to the random 5-a-sides that Coyle seemed to favour. They both confirmed that Lenny L is the tactical brain behind the team whereas DF concentrates on the man-management aspects. Both players were much happier with the current management team so hopefully this will transpire into improved results on match days, eventually!
Thanks for the info. As for the bold: to me, that's where Coyle really went wrong. He needed an older, wiser "no-man" - someone to question his ideas rather than affirm them. But that's in the past now and I'm glad that the noises coming from the club seem so positive; let's hope the results pick up accordingly and we get in shape for a proper promotion push next season.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 pm

:shock:

so we're currently completely loaded after the Zaha deal but CPFC 2010 still won't do the deal everyone wants: sack Holloway, buy out Dougies contract and beg on hands and knees for him to come back.

it's obvious we're missing Dougie big time, will the SS (stubborn Steves) realise their mistake or will they stick with the media clown joke Holloway???

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 am

I was told the day Holloway took over that his eyes were like saucers, as he couldn't believe how well organised the place was.

I was told about a week later that things were already unravelling.

Holloway like Coyle and Boothroyd before them, got a side promoted on enthusiasm and the crest of a wave, when that's the case and then things go wrong, there's nothing to fall back on.

Allardyce in contrast builds a club that can weather a storm because it's organised, has substance and some depth. It's scary how quickly years of hard work can be swept away.

Palace lost their Sam to us, they couldn't do much about that, but then they employed Holloway and good luck to them!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 am

#dougiecool

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 am

a1 wrote:#dougiecool
#like

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
a1 wrote:#dougiecool
#like

now, that's enough of that! :twisted:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:15 am

#addiction

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:31 am

I wasn't overly happy with Dougie's appointment. I don't think he's set the world on fire. I really (really really) don't know how true it is that he's turned BWFC into some super-duper behind-the-scenes wonder organisation. And, he comes out with some strange pronouncements in his press statements.
All that aside, he has engineered an 'exciting' January transfer window, and my mind won't be fully made up until the end of this season. But, for my opinion of him to improve, we need in the next 18 games to produce a better run of form with mores games won, and a far superior points per game ratio than he has overseen in the first half of his reign this season. Here's hoping.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I wasn't overly happy with Dougie's appointment. I don't think he's set the world on fire. I really (really really) don't know how true it is that he's turned BWFC into some super-duper behind-the-scenes wonder organisation. And, he comes out with some strange pronouncements in his press statements.
All that aside, he has engineered an 'exciting' January transfer window, and my mind won't be fully made up until the end of this season. But, for my opinion of him to improve, we need in the next 18 games to produce a better run of form with mores games won, and a far superior points per game ratio than he has overseen in the first half of his reign this season. Here's hoping.
+1

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 am

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/mana ... 32421.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I told everyone at the beginning of January that I had three or four targets. Craig Dawson was number one and we got him ahead of five or six other clubs. Craig Davies coming in from Barnsley brings experience of playing at this level and represents great value for money.

“If I’m honest I didn’t think I had any chance of getting Medo, but he’s here. I went over to the airport to meet him because he’s a young guy coming over to a different country and I wanted to make him feel as welcome as possible.

“I’ve watched him for a long time. When he was playing in Helsinki I tried to bring him to Crystal Palace, but he ended up moving to Partizan instead. I believe he’ll be a fantastic signing for the club.”

The manager is also happy with the acquisitions of Gregus and Bolger, with the pair set to start out in Jamie Fullarton’s development squad.

“I brought Jamie Fullarton here to head up the development squad and that is something that is very important to us. I want to strengthen the that as well, hence the additions of Jan Gregus and Cian Bolger.

“With the financial fair play rules that are coming into football, bringing players in at a young age and putting them initially in the development squad is the only way to go.

“The new rules about spending that will be with us shortly mean that clubs are going to have to be very smart about the way they do their transfers and that’s what we’ve tried to bear in mind in this window.”

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 am

Meh.
Businesswoman of the year.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Meh.

Meh.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
“If I’m honest I didn’t think I had any chance of getting Medo, but he’s here. I went over to the airport to meet him because he’s a young guy coming over to a different country and I wanted to make him feel as welcome as possible.
stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid... the Bolton way is to leave him stranded in Nandos and have someone lure him into the KFC for pudding...