Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Bearing in mind the dissaster he is clearing up he'll do fer me.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:12 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Bearing in mind the dissaster he is clearing up he'll do fer me.
Yep. Definitely has a clear plan and thinks confidently and long term, whether it works remains to be seen but we've not seen anyone with such a strategy for a while!
I just hope he doesn't come on here read people making unflattering comparisons of him with Mick McCarthy or Sean Dyche. It would undoubtedly shatter his managerial self-esteem leaving his plans in ruins and on the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 am

I like him.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 am

Dougie'sEleven wrote:I like him.
Image :lol: couldnt resist

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Bearing in mind the dissaster he is clearing up he'll do fer me.
Yep. Definitely has a clear plan and thinks confidently and long term, whether it works remains to be seen but we've not seen anyone with such a strategy for a while!
I just hope he doesn't come on here read people making unflattering comparisons of him with Mick McCarthy or Sean Dyche. It would undoubtedly shatter his managerial self-esteem leaving his plans in ruins and on the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.
Alan Partridge esq. I like that!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 pm

JJ4bwfc92 wrote:
Where did you get that pic of me?
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

JJ4bwfc92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JJ4bwfc92 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:
JJ4bwfc92 wrote:
Where did you get that pic of me?
I thought its the normal picture what pops up on the stadium screen when we manage to score a goal :pissed:

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:47 pm

Unacceptable.

If Freedman was sacked and we brought in Adkins, I'd be far more optimistic than I am now. For all the talk about 'change', we aren't seeing any positive changes where it matters.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Don't even go there, sacking him would be suicide.

Look on the bright side, if we win League 1 next season we're getting a trophy.
Businesswoman of the year.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:55 pm

I can't help but feel his lethargy with substitutions is costing us points. Far too many times, substitutions have come up to and including 10 minutes too late, ten minutes after everyone else can see it's necessary.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm

truewhite15 wrote:I can't help but feel his lethargy with substitutions is costing us points. Far too many times, substitutions have come up to and including 10 minutes too late, ten minutes after everyone else can see it's necessary.
Better than the 89th minute ones we used to see. Especially as we'd concede yet another a minute later :doh:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:I can't help but feel his lethargy with substitutions is costing us points. Far too many times, substitutions have come up to and including 10 minutes too late, ten minutes after everyone else can see it's necessary.
Better than the 89th minute ones we used to see. Especially as we'd concede yet another a minute later :doh:
I agree, but they could be even better. Fact is, we could easily have come away with the points today had Freedman freshened it up earlier. Yeah, we could also have capitulated, but there has to be a healthy balance between Kamikaze Coyle and Don't Panic Dougie. He's being too cautious.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 pm

20th in the league, three points away from the relegation zone, continuously falling down the league and yet people would say we're not regressing? Come on.

I like Freedman and I like the 'sound' of what he's doing, but there is a point when you accept that what is happening simply isn't good enough. We aren't getting points and if this form continues, we will be relegated. That is a scary thought.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I agree, but they could be even better. Fact is, we could easily have come away with the points today had Freedman freshened it up earlier. Yeah, we could also have capitulated, but there has to be a healthy balance between Kamikaze Coyle and Don't Panic Dougie. He's being too cautious.
I'm a bit remote to have much of an opinion on it to be fair.. It is frustrating though and we just have to hope he can get it right by bringing in some of the newer signings over the next few games.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:49 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:20th in the league, three points away from the relegation zone, continuously falling down the league and yet people would say we're not regressing? Come on.
I like Freedman and I like the 'sound' of what he's doing, but there is a point when you accept that what is happening simply isn't good enough. We aren't getting points and if this form continues, we will be relegated. That is a scary thought.
He isn't doing well. No doubt about that.

But you can't lose sight of the fact we were running at 1.1 ppg under Coyle, we're currently running at 1.18.

It isn't good enough, but not yet regressing.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm

So far he's failed to arrest the slide in results that had been going on for 18 months before his arrival. He hasn't made us worse and he's been putting things in place that will give us a platform ti improve.
I'm disappointed that he hasn't turned things round quicker, and his lack of urgency and overcautiousness is frustrating, but to suggest a sacking at this point is ridiculous.
As for blaming Coyle, then the players but not DF, I think that's fair. Coyle was making mistake after mistake both on the ptich and allegedly behind the scenes. many of us though the players were much better than results suggested. Seems we were wrong. So both parties are to blame - the players for being sh!t and Coyle for bringing them in and not improving them.

Now we get the real test of Dougie's ability, he's got some players of his own and needs to get them in quick and improve things. If we're in this position next year or if we go down then he should be sacked. But I don't think we will.

AT Palace he kept them up first season and then started the next season on fire, now he needs time and support to do the same here.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:52 pm

He's .08 ppg better than Coyle.

Great that is.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:He's .08 ppg better than Coyle.

Great that is.
Ah, but it's progression....

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:20th in the league, three points away from the relegation zone, continuously falling down the league and yet people would say we're not regressing? Come on.

But you can't lose sight of the fact we were running at 1.1 ppg under Coyle, we're currently running at 1.18.

During Dougie's 16 league games in charge, we've played five of the teams that have been down at the bottom all season. I'd have expected more of a difference than 0.08 ppg, given that he was appointed to 'get us back on track'.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:14 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

During Dougie's 16 league games in charge, we've played five of the teams that have been down at the bottom all season. I'd have expected more of a difference than 0.08 ppg, given that he was appointed to 'get us back on track'.
is there anything you'd suggest he should have done differently today in terms of team/tactics/shape/formation/substitutions? where do you think he is getting it all so wrong?