Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 am

FaninOz wrote:No shirt and smile with a Reebok stadium background so nothing is certain as of yet. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come as why would we get rid of Phillips and Lee for Lawrence and Curtis??

The whole thing sounds a bit of a mess, :? why would Palace say that he's gone yet Bolton not announce that he has arrived?? :crazy:
He was appointed yesterday.

The backroom structure has to be sorted and agreed. These things do not happen in an instant, because it takes several days and essentially is a discussion with a lot of people about their jobs and lives. And remember we lost several coaches and our assistant manager when Coyle went, its not like Lee and Phillips weren't already doing a job.

Bolton are furious because they did not want anything announced until they had consulted their existing staff and worked out their roles going forwards along with any further new staff coming in.

The plan was to announce late in the week, once SOME of that had been sorted. Jimmy Phillips had been told he had the team for this whole week up to Boro because they'd planned it, and pointless changing in such a busy period of games.

Palace have announced it for whatever reason, and damaged the preparation as well as the ongoing talks over staff.

Very unprofessional stuff from Palace.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Palace have announced it for whatever reason, and damaged the preparation as well as the ongoing talks over staff.

They've announced it because he's left them

We've agreed the release terms

Their owner seems an honest fella

I don't see he owes us anything or done owt wrong

If we wanted him to stay quiet, we should've bunged him extra compo in return for his silence
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:54 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Palace have announced it for whatever reason, and damaged the preparation as well as the ongoing talks over staff.

They've announced it because he's left them

We've agreed the release terms

Their owner seems an honest fella

I don't see he owes us anything or done owt wrong

If we wanted him to stay quiet, we should've bunged him extra compo in return for his silence
Fair enough, they can announce he has left, but its not really their place to say he is the next Bolton manager until everything is completely confirmed.

You're right I guess that they didn't owe us owt.

leyther95
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leyther95 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 am

I think he will do a good job. As the guy stated previously Palace didnt leak many goals so hopefully he can shape up our defence. The fans were singing his name at Wolves last night so I suppose he's got the fans backing... FOR NOW!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 am

they had to announce he'd left, but they didnt need to mention us tbf, although its hardly a well kept secret.

they probably thought it'd effect the result last night

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 am

I guess Palace were the ones who made the approach and permission to talk, public knowledge. Bolton probably aren't happy about that.

My guess is the irritation is that they were letting Jimmy and Sammy get on with preparing for the game and hadn't yet talked to them about what was happening and what their roles might be going forward.

End of the day its like any workplace you don't really want new appointments or decisions announced until you've had chance to consult/inform your existing staff.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 am

And what about their players being disrupted ffs

I don't mind us poaching good staff, but c'mon, we're not exactly helping them prepare, either
Sto ut Serviam

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 am

It's Locked! Some dirty filthy red went and locked it. (Now he's gone who's next).
Anyway...
Ferris: How can we pick up Sloane if Rooney is there with her?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 am

A couple more quotes from Freedman during his time as Palace manager, I found that are of mild interest.....
have always enjoyed managing Crystal Palace but it is frustrating that the mindset within the club has not changed to how I want it to be, and this relates to every single person associated with Crystal Palace Football Club.

"There seems to be a mindset that we don’t belong, that we're the poorer relation, and it exists in every corner of the ground right now. My challenge is to turn that around by saying let’s look at what we can do, come on, let's be more ambitious.
"We've picked up the likes of Darcy Blake, Damien Delaney, Danny Gabbidon and Peter Ramage when nobody wants them, so we pick them up and give them a bit of love and coaching and they work very hard," he told Advertiser Sport.

"We have put them onto a structure, which I hope helps them and I think that's what's happened to Damien right now.

"It doesn't matter what age you are and we're very proud of our coaching and methods at the training ground.

"We know we can't just go out and buy a player, so we search for the right one and the right characters."

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:A couple more quotes from Freedman during his time as Palace manager, I found that are of mild interest.....
have always enjoyed managing Crystal Palace but it is frustrating that the mindset within the club has not changed to how I want it to be, and this relates to every single person associated with Crystal Palace Football Club.

"There seems to be a mindset that we don’t belong, that we're the poorer relation, and it exists in every corner of the ground right now. My challenge is to turn that around by saying let’s look at what we can do, come on, let's be more ambitious.
"We've picked up the likes of Darcy Blake, Damien Delaney, Danny Gabbidon and Peter Ramage when nobody wants them, so we pick them up and give them a bit of love and coaching and they work very hard," he told Advertiser Sport.

"We have put them onto a structure, which I hope helps them and I think that's what's happened to Damien right now.

"It doesn't matter what age you are and we're very proud of our coaching and methods at the training ground.

"We know we can't just go out and buy a player, so we search for the right one and the right characters."
Now which highly successful recent bolton manager do those quotes remind you of? As keeps being said,appears anything but coyle mark 2

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am

FaninOz wrote:No shirt and smile with a Reebok stadium background so nothing is certain as of yet. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come as why would we get rid of Phillips and Lee for Lawrence and Curtis??

The whole thing sounds a bit of a mess, :? why would Palace say that he's gone yet Bolton not announce that he has arrived?? :crazy:

He's stuck in traffic

Motorways a bitch
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:

He's stuck in traffic

Motorways a bitch
he's gone to Argos to buy some table tennis bats...

*Coyle took his home with him

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 am

I keep wandering over to the window in the office to double check I'm not missing anything :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:30 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

I keep wandering over to the window in the office to double check I'm not missing anything :)
How's the Super White's banner doing? Any upgrades?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Iles has tweeted that JP will be in charge on Sat.....
Iles repeats what he reads
Sto ut Serviam

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

How's the Super White's banner doing? Any upgrades?
Haha they have changed it, I checked on Sat at the match but I can't remember what to now.....it was clearly inspiring! It's above the window that I'm at so can't see if it's changed to Dougie Freedman's Super White Army. There's been nobody scaling the window as of yet though :P

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:Iles has tweeted that JP will be in charge on Sat.....
Iles repeats what he reads
Yeah realised after he'd only tweeted what Jimmy had said after the match.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

Can't see Lenny Lawrence upping sticks & didn't Gartside suggest that the Lee as DoF and Phillips in a senior role were givens & anyone arriving would have to accept that ?

Or am I dreaming it ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Can't see Lenny Lawrence upping sticks & didn't Gartside suggest that the Lee as DoF and Phillips in a senior role were givens & anyone arriving would have to accept that ?

Or am I dreaming it ?
I thought he said that, but I cant find the quote again. Maybe we're both dreaming it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Or am I dreaming it ?
I thought he said that, but I cant find the quote again. Maybe we're both dreaming it.
Well, that's good to know.

Some may say that I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".