Moo and Stuart Holden...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Moo and Stuart Holden...

Post by ChrisC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Will be on goals on Sunday this weekend for anyone interested 8)
Fabrice Muamba and Stuart Holden join Ben and Kammy on Goals on Sunday this week.

Muamba is continuing his recovery from the on-field cardiac arrest he suffered at Spurs in the FA Cup quarter-final at White Hart Lane in March but he'll be in the studio to discuss his plans for the future.

The incident forced the former Bolton and England U21 midfielder to retire from football at just 24-years-old and we'll ask him what he hopes to do next.

Also on the show will be Muamba's former team mate and current Trotters midfielder Stuart Holden.

The USA international was unable to help Bolton fight relegation from the Premier League last season due to a long-term knee injury. However, he is finally nearing a return to action after almost 18 months out of the game.

We'll get the latest on his condition, how he's coped with the time on the sidelines and what he makes of Bolton's chances this season.

The pair will also help Ben and Kammy to review Saturday's action and look ahead to Sunday's big games including:

GUNNERS AT UNITED: How did Arsenal fare at Old Trafford after their midweek Capital One Cup heroics?

BLUES IN WALES: Could Chelsea take three points from their trip to Swansea?

MAGPIES VISIT LIVERPOOL: Will Newcastle be able to get the better of Brendan Rodgers' side later on Sunday?

We'll also have ALL the goals from the Premier League, Championship and SPL - make sure you don't miss it!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Moo and Stuart Holden...

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:06 pm

Looking forward to it, just hope they have a win to talk about
Pfffft.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 am

Chris Kamara - was there anything out there after 78 minutes..

Moo - I didn't see Jesus if that what you mean :lol:

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Any news from Stu?

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Any news from Stu?
A couple of weeks away from gradually joining first team training but quite rightly not putting a date on his return

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:08 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Any news from Stu?
He thinks Obama'll nick it!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 am

Muamba from his book....
“I would go in to Owen (Coyle) to try and find out why I wasn’t getting picked. He would say: ‘I want to play someone else in front you, you’re not performing to your best.

“When you hear that once you go away, accept it and come back stronger. But nothing changed and when I went back I got the same message. I would walk away thinking ‘he is talking rubbish’.

“It made me so moody. It was on my mind 24 hours a day. I would go through the front door and get mad, shouting at Shauna and just not being in a good place.

“By the time February came around – just six weeks before my collapse – I decided it was time to go.

“People may think I’m being disrespectful and ungrateful to Bolton by outlining my plans to get out of the club despite what they later did for me following my collapse.

“And I can’t lie and pretend that before the cardiac arrest I was all happy and everything was great.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Muamba from his book....
“I would go in to Owen (Coyle) to try and find out why I wasn’t getting picked. He would say: ‘I want to play someone else in front you, you’re not performing to your best.

“When you hear that once you go away, accept it and come back stronger. But nothing changed and when I went back I got the same message. I would walk away thinking ‘he is talking rubbish’.

“It made me so moody. It was on my mind 24 hours a day. I would go through the front door and get mad, shouting at Shauna and just not being in a good place.

“By the time February came around – just six weeks before my collapse – I decided it was time to go.

“People may think I’m being disrespectful and ungrateful to Bolton by outlining my plans to get out of the club despite what they later did for me following my collapse.

“And I can’t lie and pretend that before the cardiac arrest I was all happy and everything was great.
Owen Coyle, you utter, utter wanker.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:10 am

Remind me. Who did the cock believe was more valuable to the team than Moo? :crazy:

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 am

Not massively surprising when he'd taken to twitter to slag off Coyle's selection...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 am

Currently on route to by the book myself, was worried it'd be all sugar coated n that but obviously not!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 pm

A pal of mine who played under Coyle at Burnley told me this is what he's like ages ago, so it comes as no surprise..

But in fairness, it was Coyle's team. His decision is final, regardless of what happened later.

When he first joined a lot of fans were hammering him for being shite. It soon became apparent that he was integral to the team. Coyle didn't see what everybody else could. Which is/was worrying
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:21 pm

... & very much what many on here were saying back then. How Coyle was treating him, why should he want to be staying ? Especially as time after time he was snubbed or subbed and time after time the outcome of that were losses or draws.

It's not disrespectful to say that, whatever actually happened, he was planning to leave while this clown was in charge. In fact, good for him for stating that, clearly & honestly.

Another example of what a total cock Coyle was (is) and how his bizarre decisions were killing us.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Muamba from his book....

BWFC_Insane from this forum wrote:We've got a small squad and its showing.

Isn't this what happens to us every December/January as I predicted?

You can't get by without cover up front when Klasnic is out, or when we have no defensive cover whatsoever, and the midfield is equally sparse.

We need fresh legs to inject some life, Holden looked not quite fit today. If we had a decent option he'd not be playing IMO.

Muamba and Mark Davies are both equally shite IMO.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Think I'm coming round to Caps' view of Coyle. That he was not a "nice man". But one that would rather drag the club down, than admit that he might have got some decisions wrong and change them. Stubborn to the bitter end.

And Bish dredging up a post from 3 seasons back shows it. I was prepared to say how Muamba had become integral to the team (as it was) despite not initially rating him.

We could all see it, but Coyle could not, actually I think he could see it, he just didn't want to ever admit to being wrong.

No wonder Bish liked him so much.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Coyle made him integral. He was shite when Megson left.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Think I'm coming round to Caps' view of Coyle. That he was not a "nice man". But one that would rather drag the club down, than admit that he might have got some decisions wrong and change them. Stubborn to the bitter end.

And Bish dredging up a post from 3 seasons back shows it. I was prepared to say how Muamba had become integral to the team (as it was) despite not initially rating him.

We could all see it, but Coyle could not, actually I think he could see it, he just didn't want to ever admit to being wrong.

I liked Coyle - I still do - nice bloke. crappy manager, though - not sure I've ever said different, have I?

in case you wonder why... you trade very heavily in "I told you so" - you often tell us how right you were and remind us that you told us so...

that's why I often have a wee check to find out what exactly it was that you did tell us.

(in this case - that you thought Moo was shite)

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:03 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Think I'm coming round to Caps' view of Coyle. That he was not a "nice man". But one that would rather drag the club down, than admit that he might have got some decisions wrong and change them. Stubborn to the bitter end.

I liked Coyle - I still do - nice bloke. crappy manager, though - not sure I've ever said different, have I?

in case you wonder why... you trade very heavily in "I told you so" - you often tell us how right you were and remind us that you told us so...

that's why I often have a wee check to find out what exactly it was that you did tell us.

(in this case - that you thought Moo was shite)
To be honest BWFCI posts that much I think every potential opinion possible has been covered somewhere or other :wink: .

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Except the right one.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Coyle made him integral. He was shite when Megson left.
Exactly. I don't remember anyone thinking Muamba was 'integral' to the team when he first arrived, or Elmander for that matter.