Leicester City

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leicester City

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:42 pm

SpitfiresKent wrote:I'm going for a 2-0 win tonight. Eagles to score both. An eagle always beats a fox! :oyea:
I thought an eagle beat a birdie...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

SpitfiresKent wrote:I'm going for a 2-0 win tonight. Eagles to score both. An eagle always beats a fox! :oyea:

Well, owls beat tigers! any excuse to post this
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:i still wouldnt be surprised if the same 11 start as on saturday with the possible exception of spearing for pratley. That one may depend on whether freedman feels we need to press them upfield. Pratley seemed to be doing a lot of that on saturday.Almost like a defensive in the hole player? If KD plays someone else needs to help press upfield.
I would agree with that – the lone front role is taxing enough for any player, let alone a 35-year-old – but there were some interesting words from Keith Andrews on the topic in the local paper:
The manager has changed things. He has worked on it all week and has been drilling it into us. We’ve had to take a lot on board. But people will have seen a new style, certainly, and it can only get better. We have conceded far too many goals, and that’s not criticism of the back four and the goalkeeper. It’s the whole team.

The manager said, from the first day, it starts from the front. We let them have possession so far and then really hounded them 30-40 yards from goal. The shape was a lot better. Barring the goal in the first half, I think they didn’t have too many direct shots on goal.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Mr Andrews quoting Mr Freedman wrote:We have conceded far too many goals, and that’s not criticism of the back four and the goalkeeper. It’s the whole team.

The manager said, from the first day, it starts from the front. We let them have possession so far and then really hounded them 30-40 yards from goal.
I, for one, think that is a massively encouraging, heartening and (indeed) refreshing thing to hear!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Err - they scored with KD on the pitch and not with him off.

Equally - we didn't look like scoring at all 'till he went off, and this idea that if we play him he needs helping suggests we play someone else does it not?

ABKD.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Err - they scored with KD on the pitch and not with him off.

Equally - we didn't look like scoring at all 'till he went off, and this idea that if we play him he needs helping suggests we play someone else does it not?

ABKD.

I wonder if DF is hinting that KD gives the ball away a bit too often/cheaply upfield???

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 pm

If he's not, he's in the wrong job.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't think it reads that way at all. Although I think WW sees that message everywhere :D.

To me it reads like what folk have been saying for ages. We're going to stop defending with a ludicrously high-line, with individuals charging about closing down on their own and getting picked off. As BWFCi would say we're going to give teams more time (:D). Let them have it in their half, get our shape, and then close down as a team.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm glad you agree Pru. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:I don't think it reads that way at all. Although I think WW sees that message everywhere :D.

and Morgan Freedman says that this leaking of goals "starts from the front"... who's at the front, eh, eh, eh???? :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Err - they scored with KD on the pitch and not with him off.

ABKD.
Ah, now I understand, KD was responsible for a soft goal that came into the box from the left wing, wasn't dealt with, balloned up in the air by Kight? and went though a forest of legs with Bogdan unsighted. Blimey, your hatred of the man is palatable. K.D out ffs, just to shut you up.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:02 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I don't think it reads that way at all. Although I think WW sees that message everywhere :D.

and Morgan Freedman says that this leaking of goals "starts from the front"... who's at the front, eh, eh, eh???? :wink:
Er....not KD coz he's so slow and useless he can't keep up :conf: ?

Anyway, given the way that reads it seems clear that it 'starts from the front' is referring to the new approach of letting them have it in 'safe' areas and then hounding them once they come forward rather than blaming the whole defensive shambles on forwards not making enough tackles and getting stuck in, an accusation ill-fitting Super Kevin Davies in any event :D

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Can't really blame KD for Cardiff's goal on Saturday!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:K.D out ffs

just noted for posterity!! 8)

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

ABKD.
Ah, now I understand, KD was responsible for a soft goal that came into the box from the left wing, wasn't dealt with, balloned up in the air by Kight? and went though a forest of legs with Bogdan unsighted. Blimey, your hatred of the man is palatable. K.D out ffs, just to shut you up.
Just pointing out we are perhaps stronger both defensively and going forward without KD these days.

Also, I could point out that we were in possession of the ball and under no threat immediately prior to the goal until the ball was needleesly, and very carelessly, given away. I don't need to tell you who that was though, do I?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Verbal wrote:Can't really blame KD for Cardiff's goal on Saturday!
Course you can. Wandering Willy can blame him for it raining. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:22 pm

as tango once said... "KD out!"

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

ABKD.
Just pointing out we are perhaps stronger both defensively and going forward without KD these days.

Also, I could point out that we were in possession of the ball and under no threat immediately prior to the goal until the ball was needleesly, and very carelessly, given away. I don't need to tell you who that was though, do I?
No, not "these days" at all. He had a bad game on Saturday, granted, but prior to then, he's been one of the standout performers of the season in our team.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
No, not "these days" at all. He had a bad game on Saturday, granted, but prior to then, he's been one of the standout performers of the season in our team.
We're 17th in the Championship. It's not working.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
We're 17th in the Championship. It's not working.
And is that his fault? He's been working his arse off, scoring goals, setting them up, and generally doing his best for the good of the team. I'd say the fault for our current league position lies with the poor set-up of the previous manager, and his lack of defensive work in training, coupled to midfield players and defenders severely under-performing. But given that you've had an anti-KD agenda since I started watching these boards, I expect you'll be coming back with a thorough account of how SKD is the reason for each and every one of our defeats this season.