Leicester City

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Leicester City

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 am

Apologies for jumping the gun on this one, but I'm away next week, so if any of you want my ticket for Tuesday then it's free to a good home. The deal is you have to get my ST back to me before the Barnsley game though. PM me if you want it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leicester City

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:51 pm

We'll shit em

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Win two games in a row?! Never!

We'll get beat.


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Leicester have lost two in a row.

We are bound to get dicked. Domed.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:42 pm

I think this is the first evening game for me since the Europe days, looking forward to it and hoping theres a new found confidence in the fans and the team after yesterdays result.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Leicester haven't been great recently so it could be suspected this is their bounce back game but hopefully Saturday got our boys confidence up and there's reason why we can't get anything from this game.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 pm

First game one season (??) and we scored a hatfull against them which set them on the way to relegation that season. That was from the prem so hope we can do it again. 8)

2001 at Filbert Street..0-5. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Saw David Speedie score a 'worldy' for them at Burnden many moons ago in a 1-2 defeat.

Am looking forward to another exciting game with us once again trying to play it tight from the off before going for em in the 2nd half. Another 2-1 win :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:05 pm

One of the most exciting Leicester games (if I rememeber correctly) was forcing a draw out of them playing with nine men?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:One of the most exciting Leicester games (if I rememeber correctly) was forcing a draw out of them playing with nine men?
If I recall it properly Mike feckin' Riley taking a bung from Harry Bassett, with Holdswoth & Warhurst exiting play within the first 20 minutes ... both instigated, quite deliberately, by the human douchebag Robbie Savage.

Not that I hold a grudge.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:One of the most exciting Leicester games (if I rememeber correctly) was forcing a draw out of them playing with nine men?
If I recall it properly Mike feckin' Riley taking a bung from Harry Bassett, with Holdswoth & Warhurst exiting play within the first 20 minutes ... both instigated, quite deliberately, by the human douchebag Robbie Savage.

Not that I hold a grudge.
Aye, that sounds about it. I was in Portugal at the time following it live on Sky highlights. Even the commentators couldn't believe it when we came back.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Saw David Speedie score a 'worldy' for them at Burnden many moons ago in a 1-2 defeat.
I remember that. The just turned and hit it from just outside the centre circle, the little nice person. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Saw David Speedie score a 'worldy' for them at Burnden many moons ago in a 1-2 defeat.
I remember that. The just turned and hit it from just outside the centre circle, the little tw*t. :(
One of our first games after the first promotion with Ricoh.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Saturday 5 bells kick off was cold.. This will be even colder :( time to wrap up and hope the lads get us jumping around in a good way!

Will be a tight one this and I think it will be a 1-1.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm

ChrisC wrote:Saturday 5 bells kick off was cold.. This will be even colder :( time to wrap up and hope the lads get us jumping around in a good way!

I reckon we'll win it 2 1. I expect the same starting 11 aswell. The days of picking the 11 that finished well may be gone. Ngog might have started but I suspect there wouldnt have been any other changes.
Being tight and organised forcing them to go long with two big lads at the back. It could be dull and a toss up as to who scores first. Move up a gear with Petrov and Afobe/Sordell an hour in if necessary.It's a smart approach especially against the better teams.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Saturday 5 bells kick off was cold.. This will be even colder :( time to wrap up and hope the lads get us jumping around in a good way!

I reckon we'll win it 2 1. I expect the same starting 11 aswell. The days of picking the 11 that finished well may be gone. Ngog might have started but I suspect there wouldnt have been any other changes.
Being tight and organised forcing them to go long with two big lads at the back. It could be dull and a toss up as to who scores first. Move up a gear with Petrov and Afobe/Sordell an hour in if necessary.It's a smart approach especially against the better teams.
Freedman said to expect a different team for Leicester....so we will see.

Have a feeling he will chop and change!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:

Freedman said to expect a different team for Leicester....so we will see.

Have a feeling he will chop and change!
Hadnt picked up post match interviews except the bit on BBC. That's interesting,I guess it means some rested(and keeps all the squad properly involved) and stops opposition from knowing exactly what to expect and setting up for it. It also means the players having to think adapt and communicate which was one of the things that really impressed me on saturday. You could actually see the players talking and organising. It was like watching a football team where players knew what each other were supposed to be doing.

So we have a manager who studies the opposition, insists on fitness, briefs and picks players for specific roles not according to who is flavour of the month and expects players to be flexible and professional.

Freedman truly is the anti coyle.

Way way too early but there are elements of rioch and allardyce about this approach as I think someone mentioned elsewhere. Does make you wonder why we let coyle manage for so long when he clearly wasnt doing his job properly.It was extraordinary how what had been a shambles suddenly looked like a professional outfit on saturday

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Freedman said that teams will be picked, not on the previous games performance, but on the work done on the training ground. (not that there will have been much opportunity, since Saturday, before the Leicester game).

He also said that the squad was too big & it's was pointless that players were sitting about not getting game time & he wanted a smaller group of players.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I think that would have been much nearer to three bells...coz there ain't one bell per hour. Not that I'm being pedantic or owt. :-)

It was indeed flipping freezing.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Freedman said that teams will be picked, not on the previous games performance, but on the work done on the training ground. (not that there will have been much opportunity, since Saturday, before the Leicester game).

He also said that the squad was too big & it's was pointless that players were sitting about not getting game time & he wanted a smaller group of players.
Coyle used to say that too didnt he? It was just you never felt that what happened between games involved the w word. And of course when he felt pressured he would say players were going to be dropped in the post match interview which cant have been the best of motivation for those players coming into training the following week.

hark at me getting all rose tinty. One good performance and I'm believing a Freedman fart would be some form of tactical genius!

Course it's uncle Len who is the true master of puppets isnt it.He plots the course and freedman tries to impliment it. Havent felt this positive about the whites since coyles good month