Sussex by the sea!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Sussex by the sea!

Post by TTID » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
TTID wrote:Lewes is a good shout fellas. 42 licensed premises & it is a lovely town with good beer (Harveys is actually brewed there).
Falmer station (2 min walk to AMEX) is 5-10 mins on the train from Lewes & they run about every 7 mins.
I think that the train fare is included in the match ticket price although i have never seen anyone check a ticket anyway.

Is Gooner Girl going to provide you all with tea & biscuits? She olny lives up the road.
If we're coming from Victoria, how does the Lewes plan work

Also, post match...were thinking we'd probably bus/taxi it

Need to be back to leave Brighton at 6.20
Lewes has a direct train service from Victoria. Get off there, have a drink & then pop back on to see the game. You can go from Falmer back to Brighton post game. It is a bit of a mare getting out of the Amex post match but you would easily get to Brighton by 6.20. Probably be there by 5.20!
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:48 pm

thebish wrote:
TTID wrote:Lewes is a good shout fellas. 42 licensed premises & it is a lovely town with good beer (Harveys is actually brewed there).

careful with that avatar and t-shirt... Peter Herbert will be after you...
True.
Luckily the club & met police have said they use of the Y word by Spurs fans inside the ground is not offensive. Not sure about T-Shirts though!
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 pm

TTID wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Falmer station (2 min walk to AMEX) is 5-10 mins on the train from Lewes & they run about every 7 mins.
I think that the train fare is included in the match ticket price although i have never seen anyone check a ticket anyway.

Is Gooner Girl going to provide you all with tea & biscuits? She olny lives up the road.
If we're coming from Victoria, how does the Lewes plan work

Also, post match...were thinking we'd probably bus/taxi it

Need to be back to leave Brighton at 6.20
Lewes has a direct train service from Victoria. Get off there, have a drink & then pop back on to see the game. You can go from Falmer back to Brighton post game. It is a bit of a mare getting out of the Amex post match but you would easily get to Brighton by 6.20. Probably be there by 5.20!
If its like a Coyle performance, I'll be back in Brighton at 3.20
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Brighton...narrr
uddersfield and the ale trail is where its at

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Tickets back up for sale for this one. Just got mine!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Not in. :cry:

Too much stuff going on at home at the moment.
Me too. Really fancied making a weekend of it but packing my folks off on their jollies and helping a friend move flat have taken precedence.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 am

Verbals cannae make it. Crayons and I, row F, seat eight-hundred and something: how long are their stands?!

Anyway, yet to hear back from my Brighton mate, but I'm not fussed on Brighton or Lewes. Lewes sounds pretty good, but I think Tory-boy has family around Brighton and so might want a trip to the seaside. I'm easy.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Prufrock wrote:Verbals cannae make it. Crayons and I, row F, seat eight-hundred and something: how long are their stands?!

Anyway, yet to hear back from my Brighton mate, but I'm not fussed on Brighton or Lewes. Lewes sounds pretty good, but I think Tory-boy has family around Brighton and so might want a trip to the seaside. I'm easy.
Our lot are Q783-786... Give us a wave! :D

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 am

Aye, [insert-lastest-manager-name]'sEleven, me & me' missus'll be there. Buying tickets later today, I'm presuming with the long trek down there are still a good number left at this point?

I expect a reaction to our poor result against Barnsley for this one. That might only mean a draw at best, but that'd be a creditable result there.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 pm

My Brighton mate wrote:Aloha! We've picked up 1 point in the last 3 home games so you couldn't have picked a better time to visit!
You can drink at the stadium which isn't a bad idea as the facilities are pretty good. If you don't want to do that then you'll want to drink in either Brighton or Lewes where you have to change trains to get to Falmer from London anyway (there's nothing apart from the stadium and one home fans only pub in Falmer).
We always drink in Lewes as it's a bit less rowdy and then you don't have to queue for a train to Falmer like you do from Brighton. There's the Lansdown and a few other pubs all on the road up from the station - all bog standard and pretty busy match days. A bit further into town (10-20 mins walk) there's some good pubs like the Volunteer (very football-y), the Lewes Arms (very sleepy old man pub), the John Harvey Tavern (brewery pub, good for drinking outside), the Lamb (a good bet for a quiet-ish, no frills pub) the Elephant and Castle (ditto) and the King's Head (nice, opposite direction from the station to the other pubs and town centre). They're all no more than a 15 min walk from each other it's a really small town so you can just wander and see what you fancy.
If you do go to Brighton rather than Lewes there's 3 or 4 really good pubs right by the station - Battle of Trafalgar, Prince Albert, Evening Star - but no idea what they're like on match days - like I say we always go to Lewes
That's from a couple of weeks ago, no idea if their form is still shit...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 pm

William the White wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Verbals cannae make it. Crayons and I, row F, seat eight-hundred and something: how long are their stands?!

Our lot are Q783-786... Give us a wave! :D
Aye, would be nice to say hello. PB has met you before, right?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Dartisan wrote:Aye, [insert-lastest-manager-name]'sEleven, me & me' missus'll be there. Buying tickets later today, I'm presuming with the long trek down there are still a good number left at this point?

I expect a reaction to our poor result against Barnsley for this one. That might only mean a draw at best, but that'd be a creditable result there.
We initially sold out, but I think requested more. Not sure, though..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:I've never done one of these before. It might be a bit early, but not for tickets and the like, so balls to it.

Who is going? Verbs and I are there. I'm sure Crayons said his sister is living down there and so he is going. CAPS is bringing the boys from what I can gather? Maybe thebish will be back for a tour of his former domain and bring the (by all acounts) lovely GG. London based Whites DSB, Dartisan and the-poster-who-must-now-be-known as Dougie'sEleven? DIPS? Any more?

I'm excited. I have a mate who is a Bolton fan, on whose account I made my one and only trip to Millwall no less. He doesn't know if he is going yet, but recommends Lewes rather than Brighton as the place to drink before catching the train to Falmer. More pubs and fewer people on the train, he says.
Not sure what account you have heard of me Pru! :) Its on my doorstep but i won't be there this time. Hope you all have a good, enjoyable trip and enjoy the game and proper Sussex beer. Lewes is nice, your mates right, loads of pubs and much quieter. Give us a wave as you whistle through Haywards Heath station!

Maybe i'll make next season's Brighton - Bolton game (thats assuming there is one and the Seagulls haven't got promoted of course ;) )

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Dartisan wrote:Aye, [insert-lastest-manager-name]'sEleven, me & me' missus'll be there. Buying tickets later today, I'm presuming with the long trek down there are still a good number left at this point?

We initially sold out, but I think requested more. Not sure, though..
Indeed. Reckon we initially asked for 750 - sold them out, and asked for 250 more. Think there'll be around 150 left if I'm actually right.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 pm

We'd sold 1000. Then asked for more, I heard.. Think we've shifted about 1200
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Ah, better than I expected. Decent turnout!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:07 pm

So. What do we think Dougs gonna do this week? Put Boggers out wide on the right, with N'gog as centre back and SKD in goal? Are we going 3-5-2? Exciting times.
I've counted the squad up, by the way and I make it that there's 34 players, so his "40-35" quote must just have been for generic illustrative purposes and not a direct reference relating to the present squad at his disposal.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:We'd sold 1000. Then asked for more, I heard.. Think we've shifted about 1200
Cheers all, I'll get a shift on & buy ours now then! Yeah a pretty respectable turn-out for such a distance from Bolton hey. Must be a fair-few southern based coming along.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 pm

we can get as many as 4000. as that is how many they are offering so we will be surrounded by empty seats
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Got my ticket (H764). I'll be impressed if we take 1,200 - thought it would be about half that.

They've not lost in five (3 draws, 2 wins), but aren't outstanding at home (W3, D3, L2). Put your money on 1-1.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!