Tractor Boys - the Barry Knight Testimonial Match

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Tractor Boys - the Barry Knight Testimonial Match

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Spearing had an off day, he's played far better. He probably will go back, which I think would be a shame.
Agreed

One of dickheads few good signings
Sto ut Serviam

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:26 pm

We just don't have a goalscorer of the quality of a Klasnic anymore and in this division it's killing us. Afobe is completely useless. When you bring him on to grab a winner, it just doesn't set your pulse raising or give you any hope at all. It just serves to deflate you and you're prepared to throw in the towel.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:And to add to Bish's request...lets just ignore the postcode. It more pointless than banging your head against a wall.
Just found the feature :mrgreen:

If you go to the User Control Panel you can add anyone you like to your 'Foe' list under the 'Friends & Foes' link on the left navigation section.

Watch everyone go add me to their list now :lol:
I have wondered about that. What happens? Do they get notified? Can you bomb them?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 pm

i thought dougie said sordell would be ready in a couple of games - that was a couple of games ago surely? can't be worse than the afobe option, surely?? can it?? please let the answer be no!!!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Just chuck Sordell in there.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 pm

shocking, just shocking. the lack of confidence and willingness to take responsibility in possession was soooo poor against as poor an opposition i've seen in a long time at the Reebok. big job ahead for the new guy.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Right, in reality I should go home, go to bed, and think about it before I do anything stupid. However, since I am now home I think I'll ignore my own good advice. (why? why do it to yourself??)

1. Coyle was shit. .
2. The squad is at best (at the very very best) mediocre. [I think I debated this very point with DSB, whom I usually take to be a genius when analysing stuff, but with whom I disagreed on this. All those who said we were ready to be launched back into the Prem on this basis were/are talking through their arseholes].
3. I wanted Mick 'Mick' McCarthy to take over from Coyle in order to try to 'guarantee' (as far as that is possible) to get to the playoffs in order to get straight back into the Prem. [I don't think I deviated from that, even when others were taking the piss out of him when he failed to take Ipswich into the top two after his first game - egg on face there then uh?]
4. I think [and you can all check this, it's a matter of public record] that I was the only person to scream No no no a thousand times no to the introduction of Dougie I've no magic wand but I've got a new staff Freedman when he took over from the Coyle.
5. I too think BL3 is a complete and utter pain in the fxcking arse, but, to be fair, the only substantive argument I really have with him amongst my manifesto statements above is section 1 [which, to be blunt, is a killer anyway - makes him into a total tart on that alone *kiss*]

I knew it, I'm too pissed I should have taken my own advice but I too goddamn annoyed... [don't hit submi
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Of course, I always said we should have got Big Mick in.

We're living to regret that decision now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:59 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:big job ahead for the new guy.
Not constantly tinkering with team selections shouldn't be that big a job but he seems to be making very hard work of it.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Lot of sterile control I thought rather than anything exciting or effective in the final third. I didn't think Ipswich would score all night but then the famous mistake (Knight miskick??) comes along and it's another penalty. I would have been happy to see the game out for a 1-0 win but now that hasn't happened it highlights the issues which would have been swept under the carpet -

Eagles and K.Davies, who were both good on Wednesday were not on it at all. Butterfield also did well in the week, but not in the team. Mark Davies shoehorned into the side of midfield and N'gog playing up there with Davo. Chungy came onto the wrong wing and was really poor sadly. Seems a bit familiar......

Few if any positives but hopefully the manager has learned a lot here. We knew the last guy wasn't learning anything from such results.

That's it really.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I wanted Mick 'Mick' McCarthy to take over from Coyle in order to try to 'guarantee' (as far as that is possible) to get to the playoffs in order to get straight back into the Prem.
I seem to remember those that were taking the piss wanted Paulo Di Canio, who has never managed in either of the top two divisions, or OGS, who has never actually managed in England, rather than an experienced manager who won promotion with two different clubs from the Championship.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:02 pm

boltonboris wrote:Progress. We're only 10 points from the play offs. And we were 17th when he took over. He's still unbeaten and we'd have lost that under Coyle.

House!

Whats the prize?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Athers wrote:Few if any positives but hopefully the manager has learned a lot here. We knew the last guy wasn't learning anything from such results.
What has this guy learned? Do not tinker with a winning team? How many lessons does he need?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 pm

BL3 wrote:
Athers wrote:Few if any positives but hopefully the manager has learned a lot here. We knew the last guy wasn't learning anything from such results.
What has this guy learned? Do not tinker with a winning team? How many lessons does he need?
Well after his other win he kept the exact same team and we drew 0-0 :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Dunno, but he's had 7 games

You had a hundred, dickhead
Sto ut Serviam

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Athers wrote:
BL3 wrote:
So one more point than we managed today then.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:16 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Dunno, but he's had 7 games

You had a hundred, dickhead
Perhaps he could borrow Mick McCarthy's magic wand then. He's only had 7 games in charge as well.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:21 pm

BL3 wrote:
Athers wrote:
BL3 wrote:
So one more point than we managed today then.
You weren't happy though
BL3 wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:The very fact that we managed to keep a clean sheet against Leicester is proof of our progression.
Leicester had taken 4 points from the previous 12. They also have a remarkably average away record for a team in the top five. A point at home to an out-of-form team isn't 'proof of our progression'. You've also conveniently overlook Bogdan turning in a MOM performance, without which we could have been 0-3 down at half-time.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Please dont respond to BL3s wummery since he always disappears when ever he's asked that question!

At half time I really thought Dougie had the midas touch. Alonso had played quite well, Andrews was the best Id seen him and we were dominant - just needed that 2nd goal.

2nd half though was awful. Ngogs 2nd touch was always a sliding tackle. Alonso & Andrews reverted to type. Mark Davies once again disappeared. Taking Eagles off whilst 1 up was ok, but since CYL added nothing extra, once they equalised we were in real trouble.

I can see what DF is trying to do. We're trying to keep possession for long periods and in the 1st half it looked fine. The trouble in the 2nd half was that they were over egging it and the crowd were getting impatient. Hardly surprising since we've had 12 years of lumping it up asap. Occasionally though, that's what you need to do. Until the penny drops this evolution could take a while.

Still trust in Dougie - but lets be realistic - we're in this division (at least!) for a while yet
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm

listened to the manager on Radio Manc talking about how he has found out today about our inability to see out a 1-0.
well - our record in keeping clean sheets should have told him something about that before today but now he's "found out" i sincerely hope he's going to cull out some of the useless fecks.
when Eagles isnt on a going day - which today he wasn't - we have nobody who seems to want to do anything other than tap it sideways or lump it up to the strikers.
people may well point to Mark Davies' goal - it were good- but we may have well substituted him straight after- no impact or influence. Spearing got a sore one and was barely seen in possession for longer than one second at a time thereafter. Andrews did his job passably. CYL tidy in a non threatening sort of way. actually thought SKD and NGog were showing a bit of decent understanding in the first half hour but service in to them was woeful.
back four looked like an accident waiting to happen - which it did
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"