The Blackburn thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

The Blackburn thread.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Only two days away, time for the annual rant about the neighbours. What team delights can we expect for this?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Blackburn thread.

Post by 2399 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:52 pm

a Great Win

bristolwanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by bristolwanderer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 pm

:mrgreen: 5-2 Win

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 pm

its currently 7 posts to 2 (ipswich v blackburn thread) - although that is about to change.

so we're clearly shitting it

3-0 Blackburn (shudder)
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:36 pm

7-3 now
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:17 pm

For us, the most important moment of this game will come 45 minutes before it starts

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Have a really bad feeling about this one.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 pm

A draw?

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:58 pm

No point trying to suggest a team, no doubt it will be another surprising line up

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:05 pm

Surprising? Maybe to those that believe they are better equiped to manage Bolton Wanderers than Dougie Freedman.

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Petrov must play.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm

'Good' team selection - we'll win 3-1
'Bad' team selection - we'll lose 2-0.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Enoch wrote:Surprising? Maybe to those that believe they are better equiped to manage Bolton Wanderers than Dougie Freedman.
I'm not saying I'm better equipped to manage than Dougie but how can that team selection be justified ? Spearing as been the best defensive midfielder this season and he's dropped for Ream who has already tried and failed that position. Afobe being played on the wing over Chungy and Petrov ? Your having a laugh, What does he offer which the other two don't ?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Please Doogie, can you not play Pratley, play Chungy and have Petrov at least on the bench. You might consider Spearing instead of Ream and have our front men not playing on the wings too. Oh, and can you bring the elephant back and make us a proper Bolton side again? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Relentless09 wrote:
Enoch wrote:Surprising? Maybe to those that believe they are better equiped to manage Bolton Wanderers than Dougie Freedman.
I'm not saying I'm better equipped to manage than Dougie but how can that team selection be justified ? Spearing as been the best defensive midfielder this season and he's dropped for Ream who has already tried and failed that position. Afobe being played on the wing over Chungy and Petrov ? Your having a laugh, What does he offer which the other two don't ?
But it's all opinions. I saw in another forum people absolutely lambasting Dougie for starting NGog.

I think Andrews is our best holding midfield player and I am as yet very unconvinced by Spearing.

There is absolutely no right or wrong team selection.

I think in the system we are playing its understandable putting a striker out wide with the idea of increasing your goal threat and power. Allardyce spent 10 years doing it.

We haven't found a magic formula and there most likely isn't one. We are not good enough to dominate games to bring two wide players into play, especially away from home. We carried Petrov for large parts of the Blackpool game for example.

The main thing for me is we've abandoned the failed and outdated, flat 4-4-2 that Coyle so loved. If we go back to that I might start to worry.....

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Bogdan - Ricketts,Knight,Mills,Warnock - Andrews,Spearing - Petrov,Eagles,CYL - SKD

I would fancy a 2-1 win with this team on,but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:Bogdan - Ricketts,Knight,Mills,Warnock - Andrews,Spearing - Petrov,Eagles,CYL - SKD

I would fancy a 2-1 win with this team on,but...
SKD up on his own? Plenty will disagree with that.

And no Mark Davies?

Just proves the point....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

8) you're a slippery customer!!!
BWFC_Insane wrote:Can't defend Coyle for that shite. Clearly he was lucky with Holden because without him our record is dreadful. We are in big big big trouble as it stands. If you can't get results off Norwich at home when can you?

His team selection is a complete joke.
BWFC_Insane wrote:Coyle needs to take some blame here aswell. Naive team selection, Petrov and embarrassment.
:wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

8) you're a slippery customer!!!
BWFC_Insane wrote:Can't defend Coyle for that shite. Clearly he was lucky with Holden because without him our record is dreadful. We are in big big big trouble as it stands. If you can't get results off Norwich at home when can you?

His team selection is a complete joke.
BWFC_Insane wrote:Coyle needs to take some blame here aswell. Naive team selection, Petrov and embarrassment.
:wink:
The point I was trying to make is that people are under the impression that there is a magic formula to win us games. However the formula seems to be different with every poster and forum.

You can only judge those selections over time and with results.

Not before games or after one or two picks.

Right now I wouldn't try and pick our best 11, frankly i have no idea, and I doubt anyone else does.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that people are under the impression that there is a magic formula to win us games. However the formula seems to be different with every poster and forum.
you used to say the magic formula was to stop playing 4-4-2 and start playing 3-5-1 (or some variant of it) - and poo-pooed me when i said it might be more complicated than a magic formula formation!! (we discussed the matter for a couple of days IIRC!)