FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Does Lonergan deserve his shot in the league on this performance?
He made a couple of top drawer saves and couldn't really do much about either goal, but he didn't control the box very well, and his communication seemed to be on a par with Bogdan and Sooty.

It should at least put a certain amount of pressure on Bogdan to raise his game.
Perfectly summed up I'd say there, Matt. Those two saves though? fecking hell!!! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:big opportunity for Sordell, this...
It was, and for a man that's sounded off so often about not being included, I've never seen such indifference.
I wasn't there today, but was at Peterborough and thought much the same thing. When he came on with Afobe, he played one nice ball through to Petrov for his goal and apart from that did nothing. Looks like the talent is there but not the desire. Presumably he's the same on the training pitch. Afobe looks like a donkey but made a difference at Peterborough through sheer effort.
I can't wait to see the back of him. Solbakken out, Coyle in at Wolves and Coyle pays £5million for him as he now has premier league* experience! You heard it here first.

*Barclays

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Sordell is best out of Bolton now but to be honest and I'm not good with geography but exactly how is a move to Cardiff going to cure his homesickness?
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Don't care, would help with my sickofwatchinglazybastardsness though.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:23 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Don't care, would help with my sickofwatchinglazybastardsness though.
Check out the facebook pic from the Offish site of Sordell after he scored. Proper "Am I bovvered" look :roll:
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Joking apart though, the lad's got talent and thanks to OC's ineptitude we've paid a lot of money for a young player who doesn't seem to want to play for us. We can't afford to just give him away. Probably best to loan him out and then try to recoup as much as possible in the summer. Or even get him back in the summer confident and with a better attitude. (wishful thinking)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:26 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Joking apart though, the lad's got talent and thanks to OC's ineptitude we've paid a lot of money for a young player who doesn't seem to want to play for us. We can't afford to just give him away. Probably best to loan him out and then try to recoup as much as possible in the summer. Or even get him back in the summer confident and with a better attitude. (wishful thinking)
If we can get half what we paid for him I'd be happy.
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Sordell is best out of Bolton now but to be honest and I'm not good with geography but exactly how is a move to Cardiff going to cure his homesickness?
direct train route to London but your right he just wants to get out of the clu and I will even consider paying the train fare myself.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Direct train from Manchester, same amount of time
Pfffft.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:35 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Don't care, would help with my sickofwatchinglazybastardsness though.
Check out the facebook pic from the Offish site of Sordell after he scored. Proper "Am I bovvered" look :roll:
Yeah I noticed that too. He really does not want to be here.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:49 pm

I think I have to 'like' it to see the photos. I'll just take your word for it.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:17 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Yeah I noticed that too. He really does not want to be here.
Whereas Ngog looks to be loving life! Only 2 years older than Marvin and living in a foreign country, speaking a whole different language (...than the scouse whine he had become accustomed to). Shows the former up to be a tad immature really.

(all of this based on pure speculation and a photo on a social media website of course...)

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm

P.S Lonergan really looks a completely different keeper than his appearances at Leeds suggested. Whilst he was working with an even more shambolic defence than our own back then I am still pleasantly surprised by the job he's doing for us in his fleeting appearances. Still think Bogdan has a higher ceiling in terms of long term potential, but as for the short term I think the only way the two can be separated is down to each players tangibles and how they interact with the back four.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Don't give a feck how happy he looks as long as he keeps scoring, some fecker has got to, and it isn't going to be any of our other strikers. Eagles' dried up too.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:Don't give a feck how happy he looks as long as he keeps scoring, some fecker has got to, and it isn't going to be any of our other strikers. Eagles' dried up too.

UNLEASH THE CRAVIES! BO SELECTA :lol:
Pfffft.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Those two saves too. Unbelievable.
Businesswoman of the year.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Has Sordell come out and said he doesn't want to be here? Is it paper talk or is it a perceived opinion of a few on here.

He ran his socks off, scored and tailed off when he tired, rightly subbed. This kid has an eye for goal and given game time would probably help get us the goals we desperately need.

As for Lonergan, had he not made those 3 top notch saves we would not be having the replay.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Does Lonergan deserve his shot in the league on this performance?
He made a couple of top drawer saves and couldn't really do much about either goal, but he didn't control the box very well, and his communication seemed to be on a par with Bogdan and Sooty.

It should at least put a certain amount of pressure on Bogdan to raise his game.
Perfectly summed up I'd say there, Matt. Those two saves though? fecking hell!!! :shock:
Said at the time it's ruined all hope of an early night as I'll have to stay up to watch them again. The first one in particular was absolutely outstanding.

On Sordell, can't knock him for getting the goal but my word he's an absolute cart horse. Half chance second half when N'Gog put Sordell one-on-one with their left back, tried to knock the ball around him and ended losing an 8 yard foot race by 2 yards. Had N'Gog, Chungy, Eagles or even Petrov had that chance then I fancy we'd have got a gilt-edged opportunity out of it. Pretty grim in the first half when Cuellar gave Sordell a head start of a couple of yards and still shielded the ball out for a goal kick. With how poor Sunderland were at the back, it was crying out for someone to run at Bramble/Cuellar and put them under pressure, but Sordell just didn't seem to have the will or anticipation (another case in point was their mix up at the back when heading the ball past their own keeper, but Sordell had already given up on it when following the ball up would have given him an open goal).

Suppose it depends on how you rate in terms of goals vs overall performance, though he's hardly been raking in the former, has he?
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 pm

DJBlu wrote:Has Sordell come out and said he doesn't want to be here? Is it paper talk or is it a perceived opinion of a few on here.

He ran his socks off, scored and tailed off when he tired, rightly subbed. This kid has an eye for goal and given game time would probably help get us the goals we desperately need.

As for Lonergan, had he not made those 3 top notch saves we would not be having the replay.
Did he??
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:51 pm

We did ok today. Our back four just isn't very good. To a man they can't defend. When Sunderland put two up top we just looked to struggle with simple direct balls.

Alonso and Mears are both utterly clueless defensively. Knight and Ricketts let themselves be bullied by Wickham and Fletcher when they started playing together.

I don't think we learned owt that we didn't know today. We have some talented players but nobody with any real guts and at the back the players simply aren't good enough.

Personally, and I will accept he scored, but I thought Sordell was an utter disgrace today. Barely bothered looked like it was a bit of a hassle to have to move for the ball. Then sulked when he was brought off. Not for me. Not the right sort. I want to watch players who would go into battle for your club. I don't believe he will. Mind he's not the only one we've got that applies to.

Pratley played really well though IMO. And at least puts his body on the line for the cause. I like him. Never going to be the best player but makes the most of what he has. Good attitude.

Overall I'm glad we made Sunderland play another game as they didn't deserve a win today and O'Neill was irritating.

We need to change the balance of the team. Some more players with big hearts who will take the lead will help.