FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:06 pm

madmarx wrote: it just honestly surprised me that a team that was in the Prem 1 year ago would only get 7000 home support. I thought your core support was larger
If we were playing a big club then the place might have been packed out, but we weren't, we were playing you. Now jog along you disillusioned cock! When you fill your own stadium feel free to chime on about others. Until then, poke it up your hetton-le-hole!
May the bridges I burn light your way

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 pm

BL3 wrote:
madmarx wrote:it just honestly surprised me that a team that was in the Prem 1 year ago would only get 7000 home support. I thought your core support was larger
It is larger. Unless you think that we get 7,000 for league games.

By core support i meant those that will turn up to anything, the ones you cant shake no matter what

Like we have 30 odd thousand season tickets but i reckon the core support is nearer between 18-22. They would still come even if we were in division 1.

Anyway wasn't meant to be some big thing , just surprised me , maybe i am not aware of how low cup gates are there days ad maybe championship sides are most susceptible as had been mentioned , its not a big game for them

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 pm

madmarx wrote:
BL3 wrote:
madmarx wrote:it just honestly surprised me that a team that was in the Prem 1 year ago would only get 7000 home support. I thought your core support was larger
It is larger. Unless you think that we get 7,000 for league games.

By core support i meant those that will turn up to anything, the ones you cant shake no matter what

Like we have 30 odd thousand season tickets but i reckon the core support is nearer between 18-22. They would still come even if we were in division 1.

Anyway wasn't meant to be some big thing , just surprised me , maybe i am not aware of how low cup gates are there days ad maybe championship sides are most susceptible as had been mentioned , its not a big game for them
Empty seats at the Amex, for the arrival of the biggest team from the North East.......cup games are not what they used to be.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
madmarx wrote: it just honestly surprised me that a team that was in the Prem 1 year ago would only get 7000 home support. I thought your core support was larger
If we were playing a big club then the place might have been packed out, but we weren't, we were playing you. Now jog along you disillusioned cock! When you fill your own stadium feel free to chime on about others. Until then, poke it up your hetton-le-hole!
You can feck off.. i deal patiently with personality disorders all week i don't need to bother on a Saturday

Bugger they have a clean up edit on this , how quaint :D

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Oh Christ, don't start this again. Go through the history books and you'll see that for some reason our fans very rarely turn out for cup games, even for League Cup semi finals in recent years.
It's true that ! ... I'm always up for it but my missus barely takes an interest even when there's a semi on.

I tell her that all Bolton fans wanna C.U.P ... but she's more interested in watching Embarrassing Bodies on 4OD

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:22 pm

madmarx wrote:Like we have 30 odd thousand season tickets but i reckon the core support is nearer between 18-22. They would still come even if we were in division 1.
I don't know what point you're trying to make. Your 'core support' will always be bigger than ours. Sunderland are a bigger club than Bolton, as they should be since your only real competition is Newcastle.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Bolton fans dont go to FA cup games

Not after what we saw at Wembley, traumatised for life

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 pm

newcarsmell wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:Oh Christ, don't start this again. Go through the history books and you'll see that for some reason our fans very rarely turn out for cup games, even for League Cup semi finals in recent years.
It's true that ! ... I'm always up for it but my missus barely takes an interest even when there's a semi on.

I tell her that all Bolton fans wanna C.U.P ... but she's more interested in watching Embarrassing Bodies on 4OD

In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 pm

:lol:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm

I appreciate it may have been Sunderland's cup final but for us it was just another game, right after Xmas against pretty uninspiring opponents.

We had more home fans today than Blackburn did for the visit of Bristol City, Wigan did for the visit of Bournemouth and QPR did for the visit of WBA. 7000 seems about right to me.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:11 pm

madmarx wrote:
madmarx wrote:Good luck today. It will be a shite affair and a narrow win either way, We are generally shite, very tired at present, have a squad smaller than can be tolerated in the top flight and cattermole , Oshea and Brown are all out . That being said if we start to move it around you might get hammered because in the brief moments we have played with confidence the quick break play has been very aggressive and Fletch is clinical . Our potential to give soft goals away ( which would have been more apparent if Mignolete wasn't so good) has not deserted us though, so anything could happen really .

Hope to Christ its not a draw, couldn't stand a cold Tuesday looking at 50 of you lot. :wink:

All the best , happy new year and i hope your season picks up .
we only named 6 subs.

we gifted you at least one
you gave us one of your subs??? :shock:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
newcarsmell wrote:

Glad I wasn't the only one!

:lol:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:01 am

Couple of cracking saves from Lonergan!

Should have stopped the first from Wickham but nothing anybody could do about the Gardner strike apart from maybe getting out to him quicker.

Don't understand the comments about Sordell's celebration, seemed happy enough to me and took his goal very well.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 am

ChrisC wrote:Couple of cracking saves from Lonergan!

Should have stopped the first from Wickham but nothing anybody could do about the Gardner strike apart from maybe getting out to him quicker.

Don't understand the comments about Sordell's celebration, seemed happy enough to me and took his goal very well.
Aye, I didn't see any "couldn't care less" stuff. He looked well chuffed with his goal and it needed scoring. If we defend a bit better we can go up there and win. Crowd will be aggressive but we can do it. O'Neil won't want to lose it and we need a few more teeth up front but it's a game we can win if uncle Titus is in the same form as today.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:58 am

Nice to see Lonergan having some time and making a fist of it. I've said before he's a competent Championship keeper, no harm in showing the young Hungarian he's not bulletproof.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:18 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Can we ban the arse that told us about the 'úngiven goal' and then refused to say who for :evil:
That's because it was cleared off the line and never given as a goal.
See, I still don't know who! Did we clear it off the line? Was it nearly a goal for us?

This isn't aimed at you Tango as your commentary is pretty good and appreciated..

Every match thread (without fail) someone chips in very unhelpfully with additional commentary. Usually stuff like:

"Penalty" - no mention of who for. Often followed by 3 minutes of silence, then "goal". Again. Who for?

"Red card" - again, missing a crucial piece of information.

Very very frustrating. Again, not directed at you Tango, but can people please add a piece of info to make the post remotely useful or informative?

Rant over :mrgreen:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 am

Penalty!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:43 am

BL3 wrote:
madmarx wrote:Like we have 30 odd thousand season tickets but i reckon the core support is nearer between 18-22. They would still come even if we were in division 1.
I don't know what point you're trying to make. Your 'core support' will always be bigger than ours. Sunderland are a bigger club than Bolton, as they should be since your only real competition is Newcastle.
Where does this bigger club come from?

More fans I agree with. A higher capacity stadium as well but bigger club?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:52 am

jaffka wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Where does this bigger club come from?

More fans I agree with. A higher capacity stadium as well but bigger club?
Exactly....is there a rating guide or points system that determines this?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 am

Defending at corners.

Stop crosses at source.

Give Lonergan a run in nets as well...though I:m going of highlights.