Peterborough away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Poshlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Peterborough away

Post by Poshlad » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Well the terrace holds 3,500, and I have no idea why our club seems to have messed you about. If you turn up without a ticket, you WILL get in, without doubt! I have never heard of any away fan, ever being turned away when the allocation isn't sold out.

Hope this helps!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Poshlad wrote:Well the terrace holds 3,500, and I have no idea why our club seems to have messed you about. If you turn up without a ticket, you WILL get in, without doubt! I have never heard of any away fan, ever being turned away when the allocation isn't sold out.

Hope this helps!
This does help because it gives me hope that I can swap from seated to standing!

Don't think you guys have messed us about to be fair, only that you havent sent us any more terrace tickets and we'll have to get them on the day.

Really looking forward to this one, sorry but hoping for a massive win for us to make my day!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:50 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Poshlad wrote:Well the terrace holds 3,500, and I have no idea why our club seems to have messed you about. If you turn up without a ticket, you WILL get in, without doubt! I have never heard of any away fan, ever being turned away when the allocation isn't sold out.

Hope this helps!
This does help because it gives me hope that I can swap from seated to standing!

Don't think you guys have messed us about to be fair, only that you havent sent us any more terrace tickets and we'll have to get them on the day.

Really looking forward to this one, sorry but hoping for a massive win for us to make my day!
Can't see massive. Any win will do for me. A draw a minimum, but we need those points. An optimistic 2-0 to us.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Can't see massive. Any win will do for me. A draw a minimum, but we need those points. An optimistic 2-0 to us.
Oh of course! Would just make it extra special if we got a few goals, it's a bloody long way to go :D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Head-to-head

• Bolton have won five of their seven league and cup matches against Peterborough.

• The 1-0 home win in February 1992 in the old Third Division, is Posh's only victory in their six league matches against the Trotters.

• The clubs are going toe-to-toe for the first time in 19 seasons.

Peterborough United

• Victories have come in twos for bottom-placed Peterborough this season. So having dramatically lowered the colours of top-of-the-table Cardiff last time out, Darren Ferguson will be hoping his side can register back-to-back victories for the third time this term.

• A draw will give the Cambridgeshire club 200 all-time points in second level league football, but a fifth successive London Road defeat would take their total of home league defeats to 300.

• Posh are hoping to go into Christmas on the back of a victory for the fourth year running.

Bolton Wanderers

• Bolton are hoping to complete successive league wins for the first time this season.

• The Trotters, who've only lost one of nine games under Dougie Freedman, have not been beaten in four away league outings, but remain the highest placed club with just two Championship victories on the road.

• Wanderers have dropped points on only one of their last seven pre-Christmas fixtures; losing 1-0 at Sunderland on 18 December 2010.

Interesting that we've mot got back to back wins yet, however all their wins have come in 2's. Can we see that stat ending?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 pm

We do need to start getting some momentum this side of Christmas methinks. I'd be delighted with a scrawpy 1-0 to us, with a clearly offside penalty given against the run of play.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I'd be delighted with that, but I think if we're to win this, we'll have to score 3 goals at least.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'd be delighted with that, but I think if we're to win this, we'll have to score 3 goals at least.
Draw might be our best then. It's quite possible that a win doesn't move us up the table any...a draw almost nailed on to move us down..

Far East Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Far East Trotter » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:47 pm

boltonboris wrote:Interesting that we've mot got back to back wins yet, however all their wins have come in 2's. Can we see that stat ending?
We'll draw :roll:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Probably..

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Every so often we have a mad splash and score goals against the grain. Anelka against Arsenal. Arsenal again when Pedersen knocked a couple in ?, Leicester at the start of last season,(4?) then the 5-0 against Stoke. Might just be our time again.. :)

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Every so often we have a mad splash and score goals against the grain. Anelka against Arsenal. Arsenal again when Pedersen knocked a couple in ?, Leicester at the start of last season,(4?) then the 5-0 against Stoke. Might just be our time again.. :)
You mean QPR. Leicester (also 4) was a few years before that, but it did also happen. Frandsen free kick was one of them, I seem to remember.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Every so often we have a mad splash and score goals against the grain. Anelka against Arsenal. Arsenal again when Pedersen knocked a couple in ?, Leicester at the start of last season,(4?) then the 5-0 against Stoke. Might just be our time again.. :)
You mean QPR. Leicester (also 4) was a few years before that, but it did also happen. Frandsen free kick was one of them, I seem to remember.
It was 5 against Leicester first game up at there place under Sam.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Pretty close then. :mrgreen: Time passes quick and my memory sure isn't what it was. :wink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Hello everyone. I'm not worrying about tickets, was told they couldn't be arsed sending them as it was easier to let us pay on the day. They wouldn't do that if there was any chance of selling out. My dad's stressing but I've assured him on the word of the lad at the ticket office which i am sure is gospel!
Looking forward to watching football on a terrace again, although it was was handy having a seat to sit on at halftime at Huddersfield before standing back up again for the rest of the game.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 am

Any team news yet?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:49 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Any team news yet?

Yes, we're playing Peterborough.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:25 am

Bolton News saying this is Warnock's last game before his loan spell finishes. So looks like no Alonso quite yet...

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:33 am

Don't we always lose against the bottom team? Especially as they beat Leeds the other day. Injuries, loans finishing, christmas, etc.

Everything is pointing to a loss so it's bound to be a win for us!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 am

Good away win for us today. Clean sheet and a goal from supersub.