Boltons worst EVER result in your opinion???

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wembley1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Boltons worst EVER result in your opinion???

Post by wembley1995 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:57 am

I know yesterday wasnt the result we all wanted but it isnt the end of the world

In your opinion and lifetime what do you think was boltons worst ever result???

I think the time we was panned 6-0 by man united at burnden park still leaves me with a scar to date

Apart from yesterday whats been the game thats really tested you as a super white???
We're bolton wanderers we'll fight to the END!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Boltons worst EVER result in your opinion???

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 pm

In no particular order...

Bolton 1 Bristol City 4, followed by a sit down protest in the car park after the game.

Notts County 6 Bolton 1, they scored 5 times in 7 minutes, a feat that even made the Guinness book of records.

Scarborough 3 (or was it 4?) Bolton 0, they'd only been a league club for five minutes.

I could go on...

Midnite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Midnite » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:05 pm

When as a lad my dad took me to the 53 cup final. I thought we had won it then everything went black.

Now 58 final :D

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 pm

BL3 wrote:In no particular order...

Bolton 1 Bristol City 4, followed by a sit down protest in the car park after the game.

Notts County 6 Bolton 1, they scored 5 times in 7 minutes, a feat that even made the Guinness book of records.

Scarborough 3 (or was it 4?) Bolton 0, they'd only been a league club for five minutes.

I could go on...
Please don't
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10 pm

The semi final against Stoke :hang:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:16 pm

We've probably never shipped five against a side we've had such a massive financial advantage over before, but the two late goals and our general shiteness this season take yesterday's result out of the equation.

In my lifetime, I'd have to go with Stoke.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 pm

I'd be tempted to say all the games we've lost or drawn, in the last five minutes, in the last couple of seasons must be a factor.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'd be tempted to say all the games we've lost or drawn, in the last five minutes, in the last couple of seasons must be a factor.
I think we've been better at conceding late goals than we were under Todd and then the early days under Sam. Christ we were shocking at the late equaliser or winner conceding then!

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:01 pm

The 0-6 against United.

We knew we were going to be relegated by then and all that was left to hope for was a spirited performance in the biggest match of the season.For months after that match I would rather not have had the high of Reading and suffer that humiliation.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Hmmmm. Tranmere in the play off final probably.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 pm

On worst ever results, there's always the consolation that City once absolutely battered us, ran us ragged, hit the bar "six" times and lost to a last minute penalty. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm

I can understand why folk who went yesterday would be gutted by that showing. Thankfully I couldn't make the Stoke game, but two of the worst I have been to were the Boro final, and the Chelsea game last year. Both were games I was really looking forward to, Boro for obvious reasons, Chelsea as it was Dorris' first game and I was hoping for a good performance in a glamour game to get her hooked. Both games were done and over devastatingly early. Chelsea was about 4-0 inside 27 minutes I think. Awful. Sitting there for 80 minutes knowing you've f*cked it so early is horrible!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Am often told by the old lads round me about when they went to a rock-bottom Sheff Weds and the car park attendent informed them an easy win was on the cards due to Wednesday's utter shitness. 5-0 at HT was it?

It's probably Scarborough as the ultimate low point??
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Athers wrote:Am often told by the old lads round me about when they went to a rock-bottom Sheff Weds and the car park attendent informed them an easy win was on the cards due to Wednesday's utter shitness. 5-0 at HT was it?
Ooof. I was there for that. Jimmy Pip installed as a right back had an absolute mare.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Athers wrote:Am often told by the old lads round me about when they went to a rock-bottom Sheff Weds and the car park attendent informed them an easy win was on the cards due to Wednesday's utter shitness. 5-0 at HT was it?
Ooof. I was there for that. Jimmy Pip installed as a right back had an absolute mare.
I was there too. Was an absolute horror show. Was Andy Booth who did the damage wasn't it?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I was there too. Was an absolute horror show. Was Andy Booth who did the damage wasn't it?
Well, you're right, he scored three?, but I also recall Di Canio absolutely taking the piss

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 pm

The Stoke & Utd hammerings were results that left me bleedin furious.

Tranmere in the play off final was heart breaking but for the absolute crowning turd in the water pipe it has to be;

2-2 at home to Aldershot. 8 years of constant decline that finally ended with us relegated to division 4. Typically we couldn't just go down but they had to give us a glimmer of hope right up to the 120th minute that we might get out of it :whack:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Bolton's worst ever result?

Oldham 0, West Brom 1.

Those of a certain age will know exactly what I mean. The rest of you will think I'm barmy!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:Bolton's worst ever result?

Oldham 0, West Brom 1.

Those of a certain age will know exactly what I mean. The rest of you will think I'm barmy!
We were winning 4-0 AT Charlton at the same time iirc
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Aanvalluh wrote:Bolton's worst ever result?

Oldham 0, West Brom 1.

We were winning 4-0 AT Charlton at the same time iirc
Yep. The 4 - 0 was plenty to take Bolton up, if Oldham could beat or hold WBA.
The conspiracy theory was on Oldham not trying too hard, as a gate v Bolton was bigger than a gate v West Brom, as Oldham could espect 5000 - 10000 Bolton fans the following season = cash.
Headline in the BEN= "Valley of Tears".

Who scored for Bolton, and who scored for West Brom??