Palace Game

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Palace Game

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Mar wrote:Vela on? Like for like substitution there. Are we going for the 0-0? Finally get back to back clean sheets?
No chance now!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Zaha causing bother again as Ream gives away a corner. Eagles cross cleared but Zaha gets in the box and Ream clears again. Palace really sound to be coming now and Ream does well again. Zaha, offside...thankfully. Come on Whites ....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:40 pm

Relentless09 wrote:Happy with a draw ?
Depends what we're aiming for this season.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Jugs wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Jugs wrote: Is this the sum total of Mears' positive contribution for the season? The amount of wayward passes he's made has been shocking.
Because apart from Mears fecking it up, our pass completion has otherwise been dead on, hasn't it?! By the blithering crin! :doh:
So you're suggesting that because everyone else has been making poor passes, we should keep Mears in the team? Because he fits in? Instead of trying someone else; say, Riley or Ricketts? Why not remove one of our problems? Or at least try to?!
No, I'm asking you how come you feel the necessity to single out Mears for his wayward passing when he's no worse than anyone else? The floor's yours! Oh, and by the way, Riley's an injury waiting to happen and Ricketts offers more on the left or at LCB - possibly by dint of him being primarily left-footed!
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm

surely there is a chance of nicking this.... why not bang another striker on - we have FOUR on the bench???? :crazy:

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm

I feel really sorry for the 4 strikers on the bench. It's time to retire Kevin Davies, He is hurting our season beyond measure.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm

What is the point of having FOUR strikers on the bench if he's going to stick with the one he started with :conf:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Mar wrote:Vela on? Like for like substitution there. Are we going for the 0-0? Finally get back to back clean sheets?
Ooooooh, fckg hell ..... domed, domed !!!!

Retract that. Now !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Far East Trotter
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Far East Trotter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Jugs wrote:
This.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 pm

thebish wrote:surely there is a chance of nicking this.... why not bang another striker on - we have FOUR on the bench???? :crazy:
More chance of losing it I'd guess......

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I'd rather just go for the win, we've tried going for clean sheets and failed miserably (I witnessed Peterborough away!). Might as well lose as draw, since we have almost no chance of the play-offs. Then again we're not far off the drop zone, but I'd rather try to be positive, especially with a benchful of strikers.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Jugs wrote:
12 points adrift so 16th will be the target and get definite promotion next season..or the one after. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:surely there is a chance of nicking this.... why not bang another striker on - we have FOUR on the bench???? :crazy:
More chance of losing it I'd guess......
Right....'Cause Kevin Davies has saved us from defeat so many times this season. :crazy:
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Jugs wrote: Is this the sum total of Mears' positive contribution for the season? The amount of wayward passes he's made has been shocking.
Because apart from Mears fecking it up, our pass completion has otherwise been dead on, hasn't it?! By the blithering crin! :doh:
So you're suggesting that because everyone else has been making poor passes, we should keep Mears in the team? Because he fits in? Instead of trying someone else; say, Riley or Ricketts? Why not remove one of our problems? Or at least try to?!
No, I'm asking you how come you feel the necessity to single out Mears for his wayward passing when he's no worse than anyone else? The floor's yours! Oh, and by the way, Riley's an injury waiting to happen and Ricketts offers more on the left or at LCB - possibly by dint of him being primarily left-footed!
Because I was talking about Mears so I was offering comments on his inabilities.

I've always thought Ricketts was a pretty accomplished right-back, to be honest.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

newboy wrote:What is the point of having FOUR strikers on the bench if he's going to stick with the one he started with :conf:
Well, to be fair .... 3 and Afobe
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Getting pissed off with this.

Kevin Davies isn't going to win us this game.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:45 pm

We don't have any fit defenders for the bench apart from Ricketts do we? Guessing that is why we have 4 strikers on the bench.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:45 pm

sordell scores 2 away to a premiership team - and here we are needing a goal away to a championship team... so - he gives him 5mins????

edit - he doesn't even give him that... it's Cravis and Ngog
Last edited by thebish on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Sordell scores three times in two starts against a Prem team and can't get a minute today??

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Now's the time....come on...Alonso robs Zaha and the commentator says only N'gog looks to be warming up. Five to go...Alonso robs Zaha again as N'gog and Craig Davies replace KD and Pratley.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?