Freedman: I'm Helping Sordell

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman: I'm Helping Sordell

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 pm

so - Sordell..

has anyone got the faintest idea what the story is here - why he still hasn't broken into the team?? not THAT long ago we began to wonder if dougie's man-management had done the trick - but now he seems to have disappeared again...

is it the phone?
is it the millwall game?
is it homesickness?
is it that Coyle bought a dud?

I'm not convinced by any of those options... so what IS going on??

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:44 pm

thebish wrote:so - Sordell..

has anyone got the faintest idea what the story is here - why he still hasn't broken into the team?? not THAT long ago we began to wonder if dougie's man-management had done the trick - but now he seems to have disappeared again...

is it the phone?
is it the millwall game?
is it homesickness?

I think your last option is closest to the truth. He's certainly not a £3M player (or however much we paid for him). He shows good movement sometimes, yes, but he doesn't show the willing to dig in and fight for the ball. At this level, you need both. He might well turn into a superstar at a team that can afford a poacher, a goal-hang, a tittyliner, but we can't.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:57 pm

truewhite15 wrote:

is it the phone?
is it the millwall game?
is it homesickness?

I think your last option is closest to the truth. He's certainly not a £3M player (or however much we paid for him). He shows good movement sometimes, yes, but he doesn't show the willing to dig in and fight for the ball. At this level, you need both. He might well turn into a superstar at a team that can afford a poacher, a goal-hang, a tittyliner, but we can't.
I'm starting to think the latter is the case too, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. Put him in for the next 4-5 games because we need someone who will score regularly. We won't get into the playoffs with Ngog and either Davies up top, so might as well take a punt on Sordell. If it works it could be the making of him, if not then cut losses in summer and sign a couple of new boys.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:58 pm

is it the phone?
is it the millwall game?
is it homesickness?

Come Bish you know the score I said he was our worst striker at the start of the season and stick by it.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 am

You also said Benik Afobe was the best, therefore, I'll ignore anything you ever say, on any topic.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"