Millwall/Peterborough ticket offer

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Millwall/Peterborough ticket offer

Post by Mitch » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 pm

I received an email tonight advertising a two match bundle, season ticket holders can buy additional tickets - £10 for the two games. Now I don't check the official site often but it's the first I'd heard so apologies if it's common knowledge!

It's a while since the club have put on a match bundle of any kind as far as I recall. Good value, £10 for two games, and seats anywhere as far as I can see. Going to see if I can drum up some extra bums on seats, usually fail miserably!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Millwall/Peterborough ticket offer

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:43 am

Mitch wrote:season ticket holders can buy additional tickets - £10 for the two games.
But season ticket holders have already got their tickets and might well have paid more than £10 for those two games already. Surely the club should make it clear at the start of the season that they intend to select a couple of games sometime during the season to run a special offer. Then they can put the cheap tickets on general sale, rather than relying on season ticket holders to round up some more support.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 pm

BL3 wrote:
Mitch wrote:season ticket holders can buy additional tickets - £10 for the two games.
But season ticket holders have already got their tickets and might well have paid more than £10 for those two games already. Surely the club should make it clear at the start of the season that they intend to select a couple of games sometime during the season to run a special offer. Then they can put the cheap tickets on general sale, rather than relying on season ticket holders to round up some more support.
I was waiting for this... It's a shit argument
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

gemchris1977
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gemchris1977 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I have taken up this offer on behalf of my mate but beware that if you ring Bolton Central and select option 1 for home match tickets and ask for the £10.00 bundle you cannot select the seat you want as that option gets you through to ticketmaster who cannot select just any seats (it comes up random).

I selected option 2 for away match tickets which got my through to Bolton's actual ticket office and explained the situation and they were able to select the seat I wanted for the two games.

Therefore if you know the seat you want select option 2 for away match tickets and explain and you will be ok.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BL3 wrote:
I was waiting for this... It's a shit argument
If you were waiting for it, i'd have expected you to have prepared a more constructive response.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:37 pm

You pay around £17 per game on a season ticket. So for these 2 games, you're losing out on £24. This is'nt something that happens with too much regularity.

The 2 matches previously, you had saved yourself £30 by having a season ticket.

Let's assume that this offer arises twice a season. In which case, for the 4 games in this offer, you 'lose' £48.00.

During the other 19 home games, you're saving on average £8 per game (based on a rough £25 per ticket, it's probably higher than that in fairness) saving yourself £152 in the process.

So the question arises, are you not happy to let the club do this (and still save you money in the long run) in order to generate extra revenue, atmosphere and custom that they wouldn't normally get?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm

I am a season ticket holder, and I approve this promotional offer.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:You pay around £17 per game on a season ticket. So for these 2 games, you're losing out on £24. This is'nt something that happens with too much regularity.

Let's assume that this offer arises twice a season. In which case, for the 4 games in this offer, you 'lose' £48.00.

During the other 19 home games, you're saving on average £8 per game (based on a rough £25 per ticket, it's probably higher than that in fairness) saving yourself £152 in the process.

So the question arises, are you not happy to let the club do this (and still save you money in the long run) in order to generate extra revenue, atmosphere and custom that they wouldn't normally get?
This.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:You pay around £17 per game on a season ticket. So for these 2 games, you're losing out on £24. This is'nt something that happens with too much regularity.

Gedd'on BB

Don't take any shit
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Beefheart wrote:I am a season ticket holder, and I approve this promotional offer.
I concur, good offer to get more punters in. Last night Morcambe let everyone in for free to try and get more supporters :D

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm

None of that actually addresses the point i made. I have no problem with the club attempting to generate more revenue. I even suggested that they put the cut price tickets on general sale. The point i'm making is that you have to be a season ticket holder to buy the reduced price tickets. In other words the club is targeting you with an offer that has no benefit to you as a season ticket holder because you've already got your tickets. It only benefits people who aren't season ticket holders. It makes no sense to offer it to season ticket holders only.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:33 pm

BL3 wrote:

None of that actually addresses the point i made. I have no problem with the club attempting to generate more revenue. I even suggested that they put the cut price tickets on general sale. The point i'm making is that you have to be a season ticket holder to buy the reduced price tickets. In other words the club is targeting you with an offer that has no benefit to you as a season ticket holder because you've already got your tickets. It only benefits people who aren't season ticket holders. It makes no sense to offer it to season ticket holders only.

Ooooo good comeback
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm

BL3 wrote:

Course it does.. It means season ticket holders can bring along friends and family for a day out for next to nothing.. Selling to season ticket holders also helps to avoid thousands of Millwall clowns in the home end.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Course it does.. It means season ticket holders can bring along friends and family for a day out for next to nothing.. Selling to season ticket holders also helps to avoid thousands of Millwall clowns in the home end.
Good point.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Oh, stop moaning, it's better than f*ck all.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Good point.
Since when did Millwall bring 'thousands'? Even if that was a concern they could run the offer for a different game.

If you sit in an area which is occupied by season ticket holders then 'friends and family' aren't going to be able to sit in the same area anyway.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:44 pm

BL3 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Good point.
Since when did Millwall bring 'thousands'? Even if that was a concern they could run the offer for a different game.

If you sit in an area which is occupied by season ticket holders then 'friends and family' aren't going to be able to sit in the same area anyway.
But from a 'legal' point of view, it means the club can get away with charging away fans full whack

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:But from a 'legal' point of view, it means the club can get away with charging away fans full whack
Well that makes more sense but i still think that if they offered £10 tickets for two games to everyone, they'd get a bigger crowd than doing it this way and surely that's the object of the exercise?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

There is a reason the club do this rather than just offer £5/£10 tickets to everyone for selected league games.........

Because when they did that previously they had complaints from a lot of season ticket holders saying that "season ticket holders were disadvantaged with the offer as it didn't benefit them". This way there is a saving, it benefits season ticket holders because they can bring a friend or a wife or a kid who wouldn't normally go and also benefits the extra fans able to go.

I suspect the club can't win.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 pm

BL3 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Good point.

They are bringing one of there biggest away followings this season (1000+) to the Bok this weekend because they love Marvin so much.. If they got wind of getting in for £10 they would be plenty more on the way.
Last edited by ChrisC on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.