Dougie's pre-match routine

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Dougie's pre-match routine

Post by Enoch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 am

Interesting maybe that the person dictating Joanne's letter chose to say 'requested' and 'accommodate', not ordered and obey!

Easy to see what we choose I guess.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

Enoch wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:That has since been extended to 2 hours, but it's a good point.
Where does it say that?
It doesn't. It's something the Club told perfan on the phone after that letter was sent.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:It doesn't. It's something the Club told perfan on the phone after that letter was sent.
Ah! Missed that bit. :oops:

I might just make the point that when I worked for an employer, (me having 3 kids, a mortgage and being reasonably adult) on a working day the bugger used to insist I was in the office by 8:45am!

How unreasonable was he!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 pm

well - I'm glad Eagles had a full 90mins to get over his encounter with Perfan and do focused, professional, concentratey things... it clearly did the trick!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:38 pm

With the way we start games they'd be better off on the pitch till 14.55 waking up!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:49 pm

I heard it said at the weekend that almost without exception the squad are 'on board' with Freedman and enjoying their work.

Of course that may be b*llocks, but I don't get the sense that we're carrying many malcontents. Maybe a little of Smokin's structure does indeed have it's place.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Enoch wrote:I heard it said at the weekend that almost without exception the squad are 'on board' with Freedman and enjoying their work.

Of course that may be b*llocks, but I don't get the sense that we're carrying many malcontents. Maybe a little of Smokin's structure does indeed have it's place.
Yeah, but he said we didn't have any...or at least not enough :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Enoch wrote:I heard it said at the weekend that almost without exception the squad are 'on board' with Freedman and enjoying their work.

so - not entirely without exception then... who's not on board??

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:44 pm

I didn't hear that said!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 pm

I think given his age and experience he appears to be remarkably mature, level-headed and it also seems he has the respect of the players. No moaning, leaking of discontent etc. And all this while the other two relegated clubs were tearing themselves aprt despute at times having more points than us. Looks like the real deal to me and he'll be with us a long while. Unless he turns out to be too good and gets poached.