Petrov to Espanyol

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Petrov to Espanyol

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm

MARTIN Petrov is on the verge of quitting the Reebok to sign for Spanish side Espanyol.

The Bulgarian winger, who was signed on a free transfer from Manchester City in 2010, is understood to have flown out to Spain for talks and should complete the deal with the La Liga club in the next 24 hours.

The club have declined to comment, but sources suggest no transfer fee will be involved.

More to follow.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... ebok_exit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Petrov to Espanyol

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Hefty wage of the books i'd imagine
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Probably talking half a million between now and the end of the season. We can put that on the table for Warnock if he wants him. Though, with Alonso looking alright and this Norweigen lad rumoured, I'm not sure he's needed. Especially seeing as though he's in his 30's
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 pm

It'll be sad to see him leave.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Jugs wrote:It'll be sad to see him leave.
Really, really, really sad.

A high class player who we've simply failed to utilise.

I don't blame him for one second if he has the chance to move on, it's just such a shame
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Genuinely sad about this one. Player who for a range of reasons hasnt fulfilled his potential here and we will view as a let down.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

I don't blame him for one second if he has the chance to move on, it's just such a shame
More a high class player who continually flatters to deceive!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm not sad about it. City fans I knew when we bought him, said he was a talent but blew hot and cold all the time then usually added "but he would be alright for Bolton"

Promised lots but delivered little imo. Mind you I could be persuaded that Coyle was partly to blame for that :fishing:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Personally, not overly bothered.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Our failure to get somebody on the end of his crosses (some of the best in the busines) can hardly be put down as him flattering to deceive surely?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Petrov has come in for his fair share of critism and praise over the years but peronally I have always though he has been alright so lets put it this way I am not really upset at all with the wide options we have got about his departure but we should at least get some money for him.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Scored a couple of great goals (Spurs at home to make it 4-2 being the pick) and he's probably the best penalty taker I've ever seen but for a club in the position we are in at the moment it's the right decision to let him go.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Our failure to get somebody on the end of his crosses (some of the best in the busines) can hardly be put down as him flattering to deceive surely?
I don't think he consistently supplies great balls. He does at times, but like the rest of his game it's very much hot and cold.

However, you tell us that KD is great in the air so IF Petrov is great at crossing the ball perhaps you could tell us why he doesn't get on the end of em?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Cos he's a shithouse who has mastered putting himself in the wrong place, thus never having to head the ball towards goal

Petrov is just too much of a luxury...shame cos I grew to like and appreciate what he was good at

His strengths just didn't outweigh his weaknesses
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 pm

scotty wrote:Scored a couple of great goals (Spurs at home to make it 4-2 being the pick) and he's probably the best penalty taker I've ever seen but for a club in the position we are in at the moment it's the right decision to let him go.
aye - he was good from the spot - but we have Andrews now! :wink:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 pm

I think its been clear that he and Dougie didnt get on and I suspect a number of his comments about wanting grafters and people who were prepared to put the effort in and fight were aimed squarely at Petrov and a couple of others. I've loved having him here, but he's been carried for too long now. Thanks and good luck.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: However, you tell us that KD is great in the air so IF Petrov is great at crossing the ball perhaps you could tell us why he doesn't get on the end of em?
Ah, you've joined the "us" gang then. At least my views, right or wrong, are my own. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: However, you tell us that KD is great in the air so IF Petrov is great at crossing the ball perhaps you could tell us why he doesn't get on the end of em?
Ah, you've joined the "us" gang then. At least my views, right or wrong, are my own. :wink:
so what IS your own view as to why KD never got on the end of Petrov's ace crosses??

bobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bobby » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Bold move from Dougie if Petrov does leave. For many I think Petrov epitomised the supposed 'Premier League quality' we have in our team, but after 5 months struggling in the Championship it's clear we need more than simply to rely on players who undoubtedly have quality. We need desire, guts and talent.
I wish him the best if he does leave, and couldn't blame him for doing so. The whole squad needs shaking up, we need new faces and a new mentality which perhaps would be difficult to instil with some of the current bunch.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
so what IS your own view as to why KD never got on the end of Petrov's ace crosses??
Give it a rest Bish. You tell everybody instead. I'm sure you'll be glad to.