Holden Back For Wears.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Holden Back For Wears.

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 am

I know there's already a thread about the FA Cup but I couldn't resist the headline.

I hope Holden gets a game tonight, without a doubt it all went south after his injury (O'Shea is not THAT kind of player of course) showing that if ever we were a one man....

Look, it's a good headline right? That's all.

I bet the BN are gutted I beat 'em to it.
Last edited by coffeymagic on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Holden Back the Wears.

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 am

O'Shea didn't knobble Holden?

Good headline though !

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am

Evans above, get it right.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote: Good headline though !
I'm Vela much be Holden to him for providing it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 am

Oh aye, Evans of course.

In my excited ferver I went for the wrong one.

'O'Shea no Evil'
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Holden Back For Wears.

Post by Gravedigger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am

The footballer's Holden, the cricketer's Willy. :grin:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:37 am

The footballer's Holden, the cricketer's Willy. :grin:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:06 am

Gravedigger wrote:The footballer's Holden, the cricketer's Willy. :grin:
So good you posted it twice :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 am

Feels a bit uneasy for his comeback game to be on a minus 5 degree night and rock hard pitch in the north east, in front of 120,000 baying Mackems. Dunno, just a feeling, i know he has to do it at some point but still, given how long his road to recovery has been, can we really not give him a couple more weeks to run out for the ressies a bit more or something?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 am

He could play a one two with a useless right back? Holden back to Mears.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:49 am

I agree it's a tough one to throw him into which is why I couldn't understand Dougles team selection for the original game.

Surely it'd have been better to play a strong side at home and win at the first time of asking than have to play a 'stronger' side away and try not to get our only hope of escape crocked again?

We've waited so long for this day it's become like the return of Jesus Christ. We're risking everything on one bad challenge from Titus Bramble.

Pray4holden.

Hopefully he'll only need to come on for the last 10 or 15 minutes as we'll be out of sight either way by then.

Going back to headlines. While I'm rightfully proud of my efforts this morning my favourite all time strap has to be on from The Sun. It concerned a court appearance by the actor who played Tosh Lines in The Bill after he was driving while over the limit. He denied the charge and so....

IT'S BOSH TO SAY I WAS SLOSHED SAYS TV TECH TOSH

I know the 'Super Caley...' one always gets trotted out but that was just a reworking of an old joke. The Bosh/Sloshed/Tosh one took some thinking.

twitter @thetonycoffey

gemchris1977
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gemchris1977 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

Holden may well be on the bench tonight and Vela will start and they will give Holden probably about half an hour. The issue with not playing him tonight is that with the weather predictions for ice etc there could be a chance that reserve games may get called off and not having one until February which would set him back so if he appears tonight and gets through it no problems his comeback will edge closer rather than waiting an additional month for the next game.

As soon as Vela, Holden and Mark Davies are fit you can bet your life that Andrews won't be seen for a while due to the injury that he is playing with.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:07 am

Holden said he feels better and stronger than ever.. Don't see the problem myself. He is just as likely to get his leg snapped tonight as he would be against another team 2 or 3 months down the line.

He needs game time and tonight is just what he needs. Give the lad an hour and be done with it.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:09 am

ChrisC wrote:Holden said he feels better and stronger than ever.. Don't see the problem myself. He is just as likely to get his leg snapped tonight as he would be against another team 2 or 3 months down the line.

He needs game time and tonight is just what he needs. Give the lad an hour and be done with it.

Yayyyy...you win the prize!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Holden said he feels better and stronger than ever.. Don't see the problem myself. He is just as likely to get his leg snapped tonight as he would be against another team 2 or 3 months down the line.

Yayyyy...you win the prize!
I dunno, not every team has Lee Cattermole.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Feels a bit uneasy for his comeback game to be on a minus 5 degree night and rock hard pitch in the north east, in front of 120,000 baying Mackems. Dunno, just a feeling, i know he has to do it at some point but still, given how long his road to recovery has been, can we really not give him a couple more weeks to run out for the ressies a bit more or something?
Rock hard pitch? It'll be far from it.

And what could happen at minus 5 in the middle of a football match that couldn't happen normally?

The only reason I wouldn't include him, is if Cattermole is playing. (as mentioned above)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I know the 'Super Caley...' one always gets trotted out but that was just a reworking of an old joke. The Bosh/Sloshed/Tosh one took some thinking.
I've posted before about my favourite headline, for what it's worth...

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Feels a bit uneasy for his comeback game to be on a minus 5 degree night and rock hard pitch in the north east, in front of 120,000 baying Mackems. Dunno, just a feeling, i know he has to do it at some point but still, given how long his road to recovery has been, can we really not give him a couple more weeks to run out for the ressies a bit more or something?

And what could happen at minus 5 in the middle of a football match that couldn't happen normally?

The only reason I wouldn't include him, is if Cattermole is playing. (as mentioned above)
:doh: ok

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 pm

??
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:39 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Ok, for starters:
Cold muscles and connective tissue have less elasticity and are therefore more prone to injury.
Considering rhe injury Stuart has had and the road to recovery, i personally dont see why it would be risked on such a night without a bit more conditioning first, a bit more match sharpness to get them elasticity back, rather than throwing him in.

But obviously, his leg could just as easily get snapped in 2 months.
Even though it didnt snap in the first place.