Watford away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TFF
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Watford away

Post by TFF » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TFF wrote:Is a loss away at Watford after hitting the bar and apparently bossing the game (57% possession) really the time to get the knives out?
How many points did we get for hitting the bar and most of the possession?
Sure. But a battling defeat away against fifth in the table isn't the result that should have everyone calling for Freedman's head. These aren't the games that are dragging us into trouble.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 pm

thebish wrote:anyway... calm down, calm down!! we need to get a little less stressed by the whole thing. Dougie is here to stay - we're not about to sack him...

so - the only sensible thing to do is accept that the new plan is a rebuilding job - and that this has only just begun - the glass is still vibrating from the window slamming shut... all we need to do is avoid relegation and nurture a new club spirit and get promoted next season - easy! so smile 8)

(also - take some bad drugs!)
Twice in a week that has been your advice.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 pm

TFF wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TFF wrote:Is a loss away at Watford after hitting the bar and apparently bossing the game (57% possession) really the time to get the knives out?
Sure. But a battling defeat away against fifth in the table isn't the result that should have everyone calling for Freedman's head. These aren't the games that are dragging us into trouble.

yay!! given that we are now 20th - and so MOST CLUBS are above us - then most of our games are games that we shouldn't expect to win - so this is the excuse that keeps on giving!! nice one!! :oyea:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Something went wrong there, looks like my computer has been on drugs.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:26 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Something went wrong there, looks like my computer has been on drugs.
drugs are bad!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Chungy's warming up!
Businesswoman of the year.

TFF
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TFF » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:29 pm

thebish wrote:
TFF wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

yay!! given that we are now 20th - and so MOST CLUBS are above us - then most of our games are games that we shouldn't expect to win - so this is the excuse that keeps on giving!! nice one!! :oyea:
So you think this loss is more damaging than the one against Peterborough?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:30 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Chungy's warming up!
:lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:32 pm

TFF wrote:
thebish wrote:
TFF wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

no - but I think it's an ace excuse as it now applies to most of the games we will play! if we are not expected to beat any teams above us - then we can relax!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:33 pm

TFF wrote:
thebish wrote:
TFF wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Any loss is damaging, isn't it?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:38 pm

TFF wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
A battling defeat?

Seems like we were hardly battling throughout the game. If you compare the game against Everton to the game today against Watford there is really a massive difference in the amount of battling spirit we put in.

I'm not calling for Freedman's head but at the same time its easy to see that we're lethargic. We need to win ugly when we're putting in performances like this. We win/lose/draw with a good performance or lose with a bad performance. We're not picking up scraps from matches. I think the last time we got something from a bad performance was the Brighton game in the last minute with a goal from N'Gog. Since then we've just been going through the motions.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:40 pm

TFF wrote:So you think this loss is more damaging than the one against Peterborough?
Yes. Against Peterbrough we showed character and a willingness to fight. This match just showed that our season is over and that we've not quite acknowledged the fact that we're fast slipping into the relegation scrap.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:42 pm

After the good performance against Everton I said on here the test would be applying that in a game that mattered not one that was almost a freebie, have a go type.

We are mentally weak as a squad, you can have whatever ability you want but there is a losing mentality running through the players and as Simon Charlton remarked few seemed to take real responsibility.

I hope Dawson, Medo and Holden coming in might be people to address this.

I hope and I think they will but it's too late to save this season other than avoiding total disaster.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:48 pm

“@OfficialBWFC: Freedman: "We need to believe in ourselves and kick on from winning positions to go and secure the points." #BWFC”

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:We are mentally weak as a squad, you can have whatever ability you want but there is a losing mentality running through the players and as Simon Charlton remarked few seemed to take real responsibility.
Barnsley's new manager inherited players with a 'losing mentality'. They've won three and drawn one of the last four games. Prior to that they'd lost three in a row...

TFF
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TFF » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:“@OfficialBWFC: Freedman: "We need to believe in ourselves and kick on from winning positions to go and secure the points." #BWFC”
24 points lost from winning positions now.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:59 pm

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We are mentally weak as a squad, you can have whatever ability you want but there is a losing mentality running through the players and as Simon Charlton remarked few seemed to take real responsibility.
Barnsley's new manager inherited players with a 'losing mentality'. They've won three and drawn one of the last four games. Prior to that they'd lost three in a row...
Barnsley haven't been expected to do as well as we have and haven't had the two year decline that we've had.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm

BL3 wrote:
And Crystal Palace's new manager has made them worse after Dougie saved them from relegation, got them in a cup semi and turned them into promotion contenders.
I'm not saying for a minute that he's made a good start, or that he'd have been my choice (Billy Davies), but he's changing things and deserves a chance to translate that into results.
Would you want him sacked after 16 games?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Why didnt dawson play?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:50 pm

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The blind ones are the ones who ignored the complete shambles we'd become last October.

Had we changed it then we probably would have stayed up with the premiership millions.
Not if we'd appointed Dougie we wouldn't.
Aye lets sack him

for who BL3?