Tuesday night with Venkys

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Tuesday night with Venkys

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't get why Kevin Davies started. And I think once again his lack of movement and workrate held us back. He won a few flick ons from long throws but also encouraged too many long balls to nowhere.
As I see it, pretty obvious with the two games a week, and No'gog apparently running his bollocks off, Dougie has to try and conserve some team energy somewhere. Pretty certain he won't start on Saturday and we might see Sordell with N'gog and later with Craig Davies or the other way round..K.D will probably make the bench. The fact he's using four strikers is encouraging for attacking football. Sordell and Craig Davies must still be pretty fresh for weekend.
I just hope he doesn't rotate Ngog onto the bench. he was out on his feet by the end on Saturday but played very well again tonight. SKD played well tonight but ironically by winning balls in the air that weren't picked up he showed why he doesn't fit in anymore from the start and does hamper the passing game. ngog on the other hand held the ball up superbly and kept posession more often, which is what we're supposed to be all about. SKD should be a kitchen sink type sub only from now on.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Just seen the goal on SSN, but didn't show the full celebration. If anyone sees it, please post it!

I thought he ran to the corner but doing an Adebayor? Amazing.

Spearing or N'gog man of the match for me. Also can't believe how how much on an improvement Darren Pratley is. Looked solid at the back too.
I saw him running right down the scoreboard bit but was too busy jumping around and screaming. Apparently Knight got booked in the aftermath, no idea why. It truly was a ding dong do though.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:58 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:Just seen the goal on SSN, but didn't show the full celebration. If anyone sees it, please post it!

Spearing or N'gog man of the match for me. Also can't believe how how much on an improvement Darren Pratley is. Looked solid at the back too.
I saw him running right down the scoreboard bit but was too busy jumping around and screaming. Apparently Knight got booked in the aftermath, no idea why. It truly was a ding dong do though.
I thought it was Eagles who got booked for winding the Dingles up?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Davies played well tonight.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:09 am

ChrisC wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

I thought it was Eagles who got booked for winding the Dingles up?
That was what I thought , but BBC site says Knight. mistaken identity perhaps. i have difficulty telling them apart.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah I thought it was Eagles too. I don't think Eagles has sprinted that fast in the whole time he's been here.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 am

ChrisC wrote:Wow! Just fecking wow!
Medo - Looks promising. Very laid back on the ball and does the simple things well. Usually finding his man. Did have one or two mis-placed passes but looks to still be getting his match sharpness. More than good enought to fill Spearings boots if he doesn't sign permanent.
So it's Medo in his usual mode. Glad to see him fit in so quick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC90 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:13 am

Had a look on the Blackburn forum and a few of them were calling for Eagles to be given a straight red for it

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 am

http://www.wawsport.com/english-champio ... VI33H.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goal. Screaaaam 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:16 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Yeah I thought it was Eagles too. I don't think Eagles has sprinted that fast in the whole time he's been here.

It was amazing :lol: I bet he is still running round the Bok as we speak :lol: it was like a scene from Forest Gump!

For anyone who might feel sorry for Blackburns current predicament regarding the owners etc.. They deserve everything they get.. Singing songs like "Fabrice Muamba should be dead"

Sick, horrible bastards.

They was also ripping seats up and throwing them at the end.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:18 am

BWFC90 wrote:Had a look on the Blackburn forum and a few of them were calling for Eagles to be given a straight red for it
Hahahahahaha! They can kiss his orange boots. You boo and abuse a guy then take a bit back when he beats you without crying like a whiny bitch.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 am

LeverEnd wrote: I just hope he doesn't rotate Ngog onto the bench. he was out on his feet by the end on Saturday but played very well again tonight. SKD played well tonight but ironically by winning balls in the air that weren't picked up he showed why he doesn't fit in anymore from the start and does hamper the passing game. ngog on the other hand held the ball up superbly and kept posession more often, which is what we're supposed to be all about. SKD should be a kitchen sink type sub only from now on.
See, this is what I don't understand. If they don't want him to win balls in the air, why bang the ball forward to him? And if they do, and know what's going to happen, why doesn't he have support? This is no new thing, it's been mentioned many times before. What's he supposed to do exactly? I mean, how do you control a ball and hold it up when it's delivered to you two feet over your head? I'll go with his loss of pace and energy, but he still does what's asked of him nearly all the time.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 am

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:http://www.wawsport.com/english-champio ... VI33H.dpbs

Goal. Screaaaam 8)
:lol: man on a mission to troll some blackburn fans!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 am

Second goal in two games we've scored from a long punted goal/free kick (first at Barnsley)

N'gog and C Davies are a handful on them..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:26 am

Athers wrote:Second goal in two games we've scored from a long punted goal/free kick (first at Barnsley)

N'gog and C Davies are a handful on them..
Used to be SKD's territory but now you have to be more mobile as well like N'Gog and Cravies.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 am

You've always had to be mobile! Davo was.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:30 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: I just hope he doesn't rotate Ngog onto the bench. he was out on his feet by the end on Saturday but played very well again tonight. SKD played well tonight but ironically by winning balls in the air that weren't picked up he showed why he doesn't fit in anymore from the start and does hamper the passing game. ngog on the other hand held the ball up superbly and kept posession more often, which is what we're supposed to be all about. SKD should be a kitchen sink type sub only from now on.
See, this is what I don't understand. If they don't want him to win balls in the air, why bang the ball forward to him? And if they do, and know what's going to happen, why doesn't he have support? This is no new thing, it's been mentioned many times before. What's he supposed to do exactly? I mean, how do you control a ball and hold it up when it's delivered to you two feet over your head? I'll go with his loss of pace and energy, but he still does what's asked of him nearly all the time.
I agree, that's what I'm saying. I think he played well and applauded him off the pitch, but what he was doing didn't fit with the others, not his fault, he was doing his job and I'm not criticising him for it.
I like watching them alot more when he's niot playing and this makes me a little bit sad, but all good things come to an end.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:31 am

Prufrock wrote:You've always had to be mobile! Davo was.
That's what I mean... he isn't now.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:44 am

I'm loving the elevated mood, far more enjoyable than all the bickering and trolling. Fingers crossed for some more of the same.

Onward and onward.

Hopefully upward!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 am

Can't seem to find any full highlights. Usually the case for Tuesday games!

Brilliant win!