Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:37 pm

With eight games till the end of the season six teams are playing for two play off places. The next four games will see these six games teams thinned down to four maybe three. So lets have a look at the next four games for each contender.

Notts Forest currently in 5th with 60 Pts and the form team of the division
Next four games Brighton, Burnley, Blackpool and Cardiff realistically I see them getting 8 Pts to moves to 68 Pts.

Leicester currently 6th with 59 points in decline though.
Next four games Millwall, Barnsley. Brighton and Birmingham realistically I see them getting 5 Pts to move to 64 Pts.

Brighton Currently 7th with 59 Pts in mixed form.
Next four games Forest, Charlton, Leicester and Middlesborough I can see them getting 6 Pts to move them to 65 Pts.

Bolton currently in 8th with 54 Pts and form could go either way.
Next four games Charlton, Huddersfield, Wolves and Bristol city all winnable and I see us getting 10 Pts to give us 64 Pts.

Middlesborough currently in 9th with 54 Pts and also in decline.
Next four games Wolves, Peterborough, Hull and Brighton I can't see them picking up more than 5 Pts to give them 59 Pts.

Leeds currently 10th with 52Pts and a manager prepariing to depart at the end of season
Next four games Ipswich, Derby, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday I can see them picking up 7 Pts to leave them on 59 pts also.

If we can take these points I think we can go into last four games optimistic of a play off place but w ecan not slip up inthese four games or it is rebuild for next season!!

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Re: Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:13 pm

I'd say you're very optomistic with 10 points from those 4 games, at best 6 points, as there are 2 away games, and we are extremely poor on the road, plus Wolves and Bristol City are fighting for their lives. If we get to the play offs it would be a minor miracle, personally I'm glad we are not at the other end fighting relegation, which we easily could of been. I'm expecting big things next season, I like the championship as anyone on their day can beat anyone else and you never no what you are going to get.

COYWM !!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 pm

We need to keep catching up, so sod Boro and Leeds (bad form anyway). It's all about us, Brighton and Leicester for sixth place, with half an eye on Forest.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm

I do not think we can afford to drop more than 6 points for the rest of the season
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:07 pm

If PG had,nt dithered,and removed Owen six week,s earlier,we,d be in a much healthier position.Dougie has done a sterling job thus far but He needed 2months to get to know our squad and it,s strength,s and weaknesses.I expect we will now see this season out in eighth place.But next season I hope to be leading the pack from early season.If,and it,s a big IF Dougie somehow manages to get us up this season,it would be nothing short of a miracle..

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:14 pm

jonnycooper wrote:If PG had,nt dithered,and removed Owen six week,s earlier,we,d be in a much healthier position.Dougie has done a sterling job thus far but He needed 2months to get to know our squad and it,s strength,s and weaknesses.I expect we will now see this season out in eighth place.But next season I hope to be leading the pack from early season.If,and it,s a big IF Dougie somehow manages to get us up this season,it would be nothing short of a miracle..
We would be challenging for automatic promotion almost certainly. Hopefully PG will realise that if we fail to get promotion this season then it is his fault as much as Coyle's.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:We need to keep catching up, so sod Boro and Leeds (bad form anyway). It's all about us, Brighton and Leicester for sixth place, with half an eye on Forest.
Totally agree, but I cant see 2 of them slipping up, one maybe and my money would be on Leicester, from current form Forest look strongest and i reckon Brighton may just claw their way back into the play offs. If we finish top 10, it wont be a bad season after the start we had under Coyle, it could of gone either way and we could be in a relegation battle now.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm not feeling this four game block malarky; I'm definitely a one game at a time kinda guy, whilst keeping a weathered eye on the upcoming program.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:We need to keep catching up, so sod Boro and Leeds (bad form anyway). It's all about us, Brighton and Leicester for sixth place, with half an eye on Forest.
Totally agree, but I cant see 2 of them slipping up, one maybe and my money would be on Leicester, from current form Forest look strongest and i reckon Brighton may just claw their way back into the play offs. If we finish top 10, it wont be a bad season after the start we had under Coyle, it could of gone either way and we could be in a relegation battle now.
Brighton could be the 2nd team to falter if!! Poyet leaves for reading?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:04 am

Madrigal wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
Brighton could be the 2nd team to falter if!! Poyet leaves for reading?
First game without him would be away at Forest , not ideal for them if he does go. A spanking there and a caretaker manager could royally fook them up (see what i did there?). Who knows what will happen in this league though?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 am

Conversely, losing the manager could unite and galvanise the players and they could push on and secure a play off spot..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:44 am

according to the Bolton News, Lennie speaks thusly...
BN wrote:ASSISTANT Wanderers manager Lennie Lawrence believes the team will need to win at least five of their remaining eight Championship matches to have a chance of making the play-offs.

Defeat at Ipswich not only ended an eight-match unbeaten run but also saw the Whites drift five points behind sixth-placed Leicester.

It naturally makes the task of bridging the gap harder but Lawrence, who has more than 1,000 games under his belt in management, says it is not an impossible dream.

Lawrence told Talksport: “It’s difficult with eight games of the season to go, but it’s not impossible.

“We will have to win five or six of our last eight games.

“We’ve had that good run just at the right time which has got us on the fringes of it and now we have to make sure.”

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 am

I believe the Council is currently taking bookings for people to take part in a world record attempt at mass arse showings on its town hall steps in the event of Bolton making the playoffs.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I believe the Council is currently taking bookings for people to take part in a world record attempt at mass arse showings on its town hall steps in the event of Bolton making the playoffs.
Indeed they are so confident about it you can do a postal vote, so long as the photo of your arse is life size.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:I believe the Council is currently taking bookings for people to take part in a world record attempt at mass arse showings on its town hall steps in the event of Bolton making the playoffs.
Indeed they are so confident about it you can do a postal vote, so long as the photo of your arse is life size.
It's been called off. Health and Safety claim the steps couldn't support the combined weight.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:21 pm

As it's 2013 someone should put up a big screen at the top of the steps so we can all do it by Skype.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:As it's 2013 someone should put up a big screen at the top of the steps so we can all do it by Skype.
Wipe.

:shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:As it's 2013 someone should put up a big screen at the top of the steps so we can all do it by Skype.
Wipe.

:shock:

8) eughh!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:22 pm

BN wrote:Defeat at Ipswich not only ended an eight-match unbeaten run but also saw the Whites drift five points behind sixth-placed Leicester.
Except we were already five points behind Leicester, who subsequently lost the teatime kick-off at Derby. We slipped further behind sixth place, thanks to Forest leapfrogging Leicester.

Things can change rapidly but I suspect we won't make up the six points on Forest. I suspect it's us v Leicester v Brighton for sixth. Leicester's league form since the start of Feb has been LLDWLDLDL, including defeats to Peterborough, Charlton, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby and the win coming against Blackburn. Notable that the defeats have all been by single goals, though, so while the points return is poor it's not like they're getting tatered.

Meanwhile over the same period Brighton have oscillated wildly (LWDWWWDLLW), following a 3-1 loss to Sheffield Wednesday with wins over Hull and Cardiff but then only one point from a week on the road to Bristol City, Bolton and Barnsley. Out of interest, Ulloa has scored seven of their last 10 goals, with David Lopez getting the other three.

Make of that what you will, but if we maintain form it'll be intriguingly close.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Looks like it could get a whole lot closer at the top, with Watford ( Udinese 2nd ) only drawing Palace 3 down to Birmingham with half an hour left. Palace 1 pt from 9, Leicester in freefall and need a win tonight.

Football throws up funny stories how bout Palace-Bolton in the play offs as a story.