Charlton away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Charlton away

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:30 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Personally I think they get more negative press then they deserve.
That's because you don't have a clue as to what you're on about.
Has a Millwall fan ever killed an opposing fan at a game because one of the Dingles did according to Wiki less than 10 years ago and while we are at it there was that incident involving one of our fans and Kevin Olsson so I think it would be unfair to say that Millwall are as bad as they are perceived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Sq ... m)#History
Is where I got the Burnley bit from.

Yeah, they're all fecking angels....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_F ... ooliganism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nobody died though did they and a lot of the incidents were pitch invasions, by the sounds of it the worst incident was when a Millwall fan was stabbed by a West Ham fan.
Also quite a lot of that article agrees with my comment on the problem at Millwall being exaggerated by the press.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Quite a lot?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Dan, do yoursef a favour. People know exactly what Millwall fans are like, and have been for years, and it isn't from reading their history on Wickipaedia.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Dan, do yoursef a favour. People know exactly what Millwall fans are like, and have been for years, and it isn't from reading their history on Wickipaedia.
Exactly....our very own Bruce has a story to tell.....

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm going to this one, but sans Millwall supporting mate who often accompanies me. I'll be wearing my Wanderer "Kevin Davies - Legend" t-shirt as a farewell tribute should anyone wish to say hello! [Although an infrequent poster, I'm on here most days, so I feel as though I know many of you well!]

Having seen two defeats (Millwall and Peterborough) and two draws (Brighton and Palace) this season, I must be due a win.... :conf:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:I'm going to this one, but sans Millwall supporting mate who often accompanies me. I'll be wearing my Wanderer "Kevin Davies - Legend" t-shirt as a farewell tribute should anyone wish to say hello! [Although an infrequent poster, I'm on here most days, so I feel as though I know many of you well!]

Having seen two defeats (Millwall and Peterborough) and two draws (Brighton and Palace) this season, I must be due a win.... :conf:
Haven't you got something else you could be doing????? :D

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Dan, do yoursef a favour. People know exactly what Millwall fans are like, and have been for years, and it isn't from reading their history on Wikipedia.
TBF the opinion was made primarily on my own experiences (admittedly limited compared to some of yours). I would not disagree with the statement that Millwall are scum but they are no worse than say Cardiff, West Ham, Spurs or Wrexham (no offense Bobo)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 am

Worthy4England wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:I'm going to this one, but sans Millwall supporting mate who often accompanies me. I'll be wearing my Wanderer "Kevin Davies - Legend" t-shirt as a farewell tribute should anyone wish to say hello! [Although an infrequent poster, I'm on here most days, so I feel as though I know many of you well!]

May see you in the Antigallican, Tony.

And leave you there! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Dan, do yoursef a favour. People know exactly what Millwall fans are like, and have been for years, and it isn't from reading their history on Wikipedia.
TBF the opinion was made primarily on my own experiences (admittedly limited compared to some of yours). I would not disagree with the statement that Millwall are scum but they are no worse than say Cardiff, West Ham, Spurs or Wrexham (no offense Bobo)
Oh dear. :doh:

Dan - shut the feck up. There's a love.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:15 am

HMX wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

May see you in the Antigallican, Tony.

And leave you there! :D
:D
As I only go to games in and around London these days, it's a while since I last saw a league win. Having missed QPR last season, I think it was West Ham in August 2010 (can anyone beat that?!). So, me staying in the pub isn't such a bad idea. If someone can take my two nephews in with them and bring them back afeterwards, then it's a deal!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 am

Pay on the gate, this'un.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 pm

I have a very similar record this season. I too went to Millwall, Brighton and Palace away, and also saw us lose at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day.

I do hope this isn't an omen for Saturday. :|
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 pm

'Wanderers travel to Charlton Athletic this weekend with nearly 1,000 away tickets sold so far as Bolton look to claim back-to-back league wins over Chris Powell's men.

Tickets are still on sale for the game from Bolton Central until 2pm on Friday 29th March as well as tickets being sold on the day at The Valley with full details found below.'

VisitingAddick
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by VisitingAddick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Hello all, Charlton fan in peace.

Not overly confident about this, but I am hoping that our dire home record and your not much better away one will cancel each other out. Our away record is keeping us ticking over - without it we really would be in the brown stuff!

I hope you all enjoy your trip to The Valley that will be somewhat tainted by the condition of the pitch, which in honesty is quite frankly awful. This is a shame as we usually have a carpet even on the last day season.

I don't think there will be more than one goal in it either way - I predict 1-1.

VA

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:53 pm

VisitingAddick wrote:Hello all, Charlton fan in peace.

Not overly confident about this, but I am hoping that our dire home record and your not much better away one will cancel each other out. Our away record is keeping us ticking over - without it we really would be in the brown stuff!

I hope you all enjoy your trip to The Valley that will be somewhat tainted by the condition of the pitch, which in honesty is quite frankly awful. This is a shame as we usually have a carpet even on the last day season.

I don't think there will be more than one goal in it either way - I predict 1-1.

VA
It is amazing to think the last time I went to the Valley both Bolton and Charlton were fighting for a place in the Uefa cup. How the mighty have fallen.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:58 pm

1-1's no good for us, but the point is probably what we'll play for
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

VisitingAddick
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by VisitingAddick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

VA
It is amazing to think the last time I went to the Valley both Bolton and Charlton were fighting for a place in the Uefa cup. How the mighty have fallen.
It is frightening! Here's to being back there one day!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:38 am

VisitingAddick wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

VA
You even dropped down to League 1 FFS, somehow I cannot see either of our clubs being back there for sometime.

It is frightening! Here's to being back there one day!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 pm

I don't think there will be more than one goal in it either way - I predict 1-1.VA
Having a bit of bother looking for an Addick fan forum with match views, V.A ? Got any links?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:01 pm

WHich pub are folks off to? This one http://www.pubs.com/main_site/pub_details.php?pub_id=92" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...