Davo - Sheff Wednesday

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Davo - Sheff Wednesday

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm

TKIZ! wrote:End of an era. Gutted he's going but at 36 and with no coaching position available for him here at this moment in time it wasn't going to end well.

Emma Davies needs to cop herself on a bit and get a grip.
Just waiting for her Talkshite interview. Her and Durham, what a pair.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Now that would be entertaining. Who could chat the most sheer height
Last edited by TKIZ! on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:26 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I really really hate Durham. If you listen he has no interest in getting to the truth, just wants to stir it up. He always takes some controversial viewpoint and plays devil's advocate just to wind people up.
It's just an extremely crass yet highly effective business model. He enrages Terry from Essex (usually) sufficiently to ring in and hey, they've got a show. I'd rather drive home with my head out the window than listen to the prick.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm

My friend puts it on the car and tries to go as long as he can without smashing the radio. I know for a fact he's been through five radios in the past six months, mind you he's a Bindipper season ticket holder
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:End of an era. Gutted he's going but at 36 and with no coaching position available for him here at this moment in time it wasn't going to end well.

corrrr

she has n'all

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:49 pm

jaffka wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

corrrr

she has n'all
Even if she waved em in my face I'd refuse to look at them on principle. that would show her the error of her ways.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Even I thought Gartside was Tops in that interview, put the club up to be really A1. Problem is I don't believe him!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Hoboh wrote:Even I thought Gartside was Tops in that interview, put the club up to be really A1. Problem is I don't believe him!
Don't believe him about what? I'm not sure there was anything that controversial in there. Certainly nowt worth lying about.....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Even I thought Gartside was Tops in that interview, put the club up to be really A1. Problem is I don't believe him!
Don't believe him about what? I'm not sure there was anything that controversial in there. Certainly nowt worth lying about.....
Look any bell end that could come out with the sort of stuff over Megson surely cannot be trusted! You dont trust a word Cameron says and Gartsides one of the mill owners that feed him so.....................

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 pm

What do you think he is lying about? I'm not saying he's trustworthy but in this case I think if it was forensically examined PG would come out of it looking better than SKD.
Which none of us want, so I'm going to conclude that adrian Durham is a 1st class cvnt, SKD is a Wanderers legend and PG and DF have dealt with it as best they could. And get back on the booze instead of wasting boozing time typing.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 am

They've not dealt with it as well as they could have. I don't think Davies is too bothered about moving on, but the manner is was dealt with and all the nonsense about the testimonial has left a bitter taste. It annoyed Davies that he was told on his birthday and it also annoyed him that he wasn't offered a testimonial, so it could have been handled better. Waiting a day to tell him he'd be leaving the club he loves and offering a testimonial would have been better in Davies' eyes. In situations like these, the best way to handle it is to look after the player leaving, otherwise you end up creating the mess which we've seen in the past few days.

My worry is that the players will take Davies 'side'. If they think he's been wronged, could it affect our promotion bid by creating a bit of a split in the dressing room? I hope not, but it's not impossible.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 am

they all hated him when he were giving some defenders a bit of own back on our way to staying up for the nth time. now we've give him a free it's like he's harry redknapp.

fcukers

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:They've not dealt with it as well as they could have. I don't think Davies is too bothered about moving on, but the manner is was dealt with and all the nonsense about the testimonial has left a bitter taste. It annoyed Davies that he was told on his birthday and it also annoyed him that he wasn't offered a testimonial, so it could have been handled better. Waiting a day to tell him he'd be leaving the club he loves and offering a testimonial would have been better in Davies' eyes. In situations like these, the best way to handle it is to look after the player leaving, otherwise you end up creating the mess which we've seen in the past few days.

My worry is that the players will take Davies 'side'. If they think he's been wronged, could it affect our promotion bid by creating a bit of a split in the dressing room? I hope not, but it's not impossible.
You think he's not arsed about leaving, but really pissed off they told him on his birthday?!

Are you six? Right when he was blowing out the candles as well!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 am

SF, why would the players think Davies has been wronged? They probably look at him and think "how the feck is he earning 3/4 times what I do"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:They've not dealt with it as well as they could have. I don't think Davies is too bothered about moving on, but the manner is was dealt with and all the nonsense about the testimonial has left a bitter taste. It annoyed Davies that he was told on his birthday and it also annoyed him that he wasn't offered a testimonial, so it could have been handled better. Waiting a day to tell him he'd be leaving the club he loves and offering a testimonial would have been better in Davies' eyes. In situations like these, the best way to handle it is to look after the player leaving, otherwise you end up creating the mess which we've seen in the past few days.

I think you're putting words into his mouth. What he actually said was how shocked he was and gutted he was about not getting a new deal. He even said on that talkshite interview that he wasn't "that bothered" about a testimonial at this stage, as he was more concerned about getting himself a deal for next season somewhere.

Now the Talkshite people tried to put words in his mouth just like you are doing.

His whole talk was about how upset he was at being told he was not being given a deal here.

However, IF anyone has damaged our chances of a play-off run it's Kevin Davies doing an ill-judged interview and letting himself be led on by an absolute arsehole on the show, and his wife for stirring the pot on "social media" for the past few weeks.

They're the ones who soured it. A proper response would be "I'm really gutted to be leaving but will do my all till the end of the season for the club and will try and prove them wrong".

NOT "It's going to be very hard for me to play for them the rest of this season".

And not having your wife spouting vile, out of proportion bullshit all over the shop.

The club let him know early so that he had time, if he wanted to, to sort out a loan move somewhere and plenty of time to get fixed up before next season. That's entirely decent of them. They could have easily strung him along until June and left him leaving without the fans knowing and with less time to sort himself out.

I think they've been more than fair and reading between the lines if anything Davies forced their hand by talking to other clubs about a loan move or at least indicating to Dougie that he wanted a loan move IF they didn't offer him a new deal.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 am

LeverEnd wrote:so I'm going to conclude that adrian Durham is a 1st class cvnt, SKD is a Wanderers legend and PG and DF have dealt with it as best they could. And get back on the booze instead of wasting boozing time typing.
^

this should be the last word on the matter - other than me saying it should be the last word, that is! :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 am

You know, financially it's quite a risky business for the player involved if he does decide to have a testimonial as they have to pay for absolutely everything, including the other side's expenses and accommodation, the stewarding, ticketing and so on. Other than for loaning the ground for free and working in an advisory capacity the club have absolutely nothing to do with it. I assume that this is why many don't bother.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:You know, financially it's quite a risky business for the player involved if he does decide to have a testimonial as they have to pay for absolutely everything, including the other side's expenses and accommodation, the stewarding, ticketing and so on. Other than for loaning the ground for free and working in an advisory capacity the club have absolutely nothing to do with it. I assume that this is why many don't bother.
I imagine so. Can see why Gardner probably hasn't bothered. Thing is, if you want to keep on playing (as Davies does) and earn another contract it may well not be possible to arrange given the time constraints.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:You know, financially it's quite a risky business for the player involved if he does decide to have a testimonial as they have to pay for absolutely everything, including the other side's expenses and accommodation, the stewarding, ticketing and so on. Other than for loaning the ground for free and working in an advisory capacity the club have absolutely nothing to do with it. I assume that this is why many don't bother.
I imagine so. Can see why Gardner probably hasn't bothered. Thing is, if you want to keep on playing (as Davies does) and earn another contract it may well not be possible to arrange given the time constraints.
He would set the whole scene up as a business entity and have people do the arranging. He could occupy that bloody wife of his.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:However, IF anyone has damaged our chances of a play-off run it's Kevin Davies doing an ill-judged interview and letting himself be led on by an absolute arsehole on the show, and his wife for stirring the pot on "social media" for the past few weeks.
This is in the same class of bollocks as the rest of it.

Why anyone would think the team or the Club are paying the slightest attention to what his missus is saying on Twitter is completely beyond me, with the possible exception of Sordell.

Anyway Boris has already told her to clamp it. :D

If he himself happened to be causing disruption, it won't be because he's done a fecking interview.

Jaysus wept.