Your best SKD memories

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Your best SKD memories

Post by mrkint » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Well, with the news confirmed that super Kev (yes, he is super) will leave us at the end of the season, it's probably the right time to have a look back at the moments that made the man one of the most loved players to don a white shirt in a many a year. Which one, or ones, stand out for you? It could even be a moment that doesn't particular reflect well on him, if you're so inclined. Just something that makes you go: 'yup, that's Kev'. :)

For me, it was the FA Cup QF away at Birmingham. Not so much is (expertly won and taken) penalty, but his assist for CYL for the winner...the moment you saw him get behind Beausajour, it was as if time began to stand still. You could hear the collective intake of breath. And then, instead of attempting some silly attempt at goal, he provides the most beautifully cushioned header for the Korean to send the travelling fans wild. That's how I will remember him. The selfless team player. The man who you would almost put your mortgage on to beat defenders in the air. The guy who could galvanise a team like few others.

(caveat: I thought it might be nice to collate these together for an article on for the website. Would people be reet with that and would the website care for it?)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Your best SKD memories

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 pm

ok - leaving aside the obvious bayern goal...

it'd be the footage of him having his dislocated finger snapped back in place and trotting back on as if nowt had happened...

or getting his foot broken (by Clichy??) at the emirates and playing on...

or if i was in a more erotic mood - the pics of him lowering himself into the icebath wearing his tighty-whities.. phwoaaarr!!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:15 pm

I'd probably agree with the QF @ Birmingham. He was immense that day and ran himself into the ground. He found another level, probably because it was the cup and we were one game from Wembley.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:16 pm

or when he made Eboue poo his panties...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Any number of Super Kev Special tackles.

The equaliser in Munich.

The quarter final.

Seeing him at Nat's funeral, and how upset and subdued he was.

Beating 4 other players to a header to win vs Spurs, his first game as full time captain.

Pride like never before when he came on for England. I had tears in my eyes.

Beating West Ham at home single-handedly in 07-08; just back from injury, scores the winner, gets a dislocated finger put back in place on the touchline.

Nutmegging Ferdinand and sending Van Der Sar the wrong way vs United.

Every single time he took a knock and got straight back up. Did he ever have play stopped to receive treatment?

In my (admittedly brief) time as a Bolton fan, I've been privileged to see great players. World class players. Players who will always be remembered with fond smiles. I've seen players who touch the edge of legendary.

I've only seen one who made it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Every time he ever played against Matthew Upson!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:22 pm

One single game he made for England was against my country. The greatest day for SKD and for my country as well (with fate we're gonna take a step forward tonight).

I must agree, goal at Birmingham. But I also remember him against WHU, always motivated, I really hope he won't sign for them now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQirKjlqZ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:24 pm

The Evra, he doesn't like me episode was pretty funny :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 pm

thebish wrote:
it'd be the footage of him having his dislocated finger snapped back in place and trotting back on as if nowt had happened...
A proper bloke. Are you watching, Suarez?

May the bridges I burn light your way

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Loads for me, but apart from sending me mental in Munich with his goal, is the match against Wet Spam at the Reebok, when Upson spent the whole game chasing the ref to complain about how much of a battering he was getting off SKD. Ive never seen a defender so "put off" his game as Upson was that day. SKD was immense and Upson was made to look a clown. :pray: :pray: :pray:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Munich innit

was i pissed that day!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 pm

United defender Patrice Evra got a kicking from him when the sides met last November — and is expecting more of the same in this evening’s clash at Old Trafford.

The Frenchman recalled: “I had more bad tackles in that game than I have in my ENTIRE career.

“His first tackle on me should have been a red card.

“It was the same last year. When Davies kicked me, I said to him ‘Why do you tackle like that?’ And he said ‘It’s because I don’t like you!’

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Agree with the Birmingham QF game - what a day!

I welled up with pride when he played for England. So that's up there too.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 pm

His first season when he scored against Southampton and kissed the badge afterwards. He had already turned into our kind of player. I was (stupidly) happy for a pro-footballer, but I always felt that he was happy to be with us. That moment kind of epitomised it for me.

I never liked Southampton because of the relegation scrapes of previous teams, but I remember feeling for him when he was dropped for that final. That and for some reason he was getting a lot of stick from the home fans that day.

Back of the net, a win for us, kiss the badge, onwards and upwards and Southampton going down. (If not that season, soon after they were through as a player in the Prem)

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:43 pm

James B wrote:
United defender Patrice Evra got a kicking from him when the sides met last November — and is expecting more of the same in this evening’s clash at Old Trafford.

The Frenchman recalled: “I had more bad tackles in that game than I have in my ENTIRE career.

“It was the same last year. When Davies kicked me, I said to him ‘Why do you tackle like that?’ And he said ‘It’s because I don’t like you!’
This. Don't know why but I love telling that story to any SKD hater.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 pm

seanworth wrote:
James B wrote:

This. Don't know why but I love telling that story to any SKD hater.
I will be stealing that story to defend KD against every person who calls him a fat bastard at my school.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:57 pm

His 1st(?) goal for us v Blackburn. Just as they were giving him some stick.

Then his unselfish play;
Aston Villa in the 1st leg of the league cup semi. David O'Leary complaining that his centre halves had been bullied out of the game as he got on the end of everything.

My first trip to Europe away v Plovdiv when he laid off the ball for Nolan to hit the winner. Cue delirium

Magic times, magic player. Thanks for everything SKD :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm