The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm

If Zaha's going out on loan, it'd be in the Prem. there are probably 15 top flight sides who'd take him on loan
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I hadn't heard zaha. Educated guess i suppose. The dougie connection.
Nixon Tweeted 'No'. And he knows everything that there is to know about anything, apparently.
Exactly, only Dougie and a handful of other people know for certain. Just thought I'd share anyway :)
boltonboris wrote:If Zaha's going out on loan, it'd be in the Prem. there are probably 15 top flight sides who'd take him on loan
True, just thought I'd share what I'd heard. It's what the thread is for after all. I don't think it'll happen, but I sincerely hope there's some truth to it.
Good share-age, Fella. Cheers. Well, we'll know sooner or later, one way or the other.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Nixon tweeted no about Zaha? Interestingly definitive. One for LK's file if the transfer does come off.

Iles' team is 4-4-2 and would be even if Stu replaced Pratley. Thing is, suggestions are we might play Eagles behind a lone striker, so the wrong 'un may be Ngog...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 pm

boltonboris wrote:If Zaha's going out on loan, it'd be in the Prem. there are probably 15 top flight sides who'd take him on loan
would ManU want to loan an exciting young talent to a rival? I guess - any below Chelsea, Spurs and Citeh are not really rivals though... so - maybe!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 pm

thebish wrote:
would ManU want to loan an exciting young talent to a rival? I guess - any below Chelsea, Spurs and Citeh are not really rivals though... so - maybe!
:evil: I see what you did there... :whack:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:21 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Nixon tweeted no about Zaha? Interestingly definitive. One for LK's file if the transfer does come off.

Iles' team is 4-4-2 and would be even if Stu replaced Pratley. Thing is, suggestions are we might play Eagles behind a lone striker, so the wrong 'un may be Ngog...
Can we walk before we run here? We're still waiting for the "list of names mentioned that didn't happen" - if we complicate it with the "list of names Nixon said no to that then happened", we could be waiting yonks.

The People's Front of Judea vote for only the one list please. :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:41 am

Not particularly sad to see Ricketts go, but it leaves only one who can even nearly play left back. I'd keep him for his versatility if his wages were right. There've been rumours they're huge, but if so, could Wolves afford him? Either way, if he goes he need another LB.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 am

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/s ... z2XxghBZAt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dougie reasoning behind Beckford.

Also radio Manchester tweeted this morning that Freedman has 'not ruled out a move for Rhodes', whatever that means.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:16 am

They'll be talking about these quotes, on the BN site:
“I can only answer it in two ways – firstly, I can’t sign a cheque like that because I haven’t got enough money.

“I believe Eddie could, but in all seriousness we have got a responsibility here.

“I have been really fortunate and spent most of my career in the Championship, and I have seen lots of clubs who go and buy over-priced players and it backfires on them, they don’t get what they want and put themselves in a bad financial position.

“Of course, if any player comes up at the right price at the right value, then I’ll be knocking on the owner’s door. But I don’t get any kicks out of going and spending big money just to show fans I can do it.

“Fact is very simple, he’s a Blackburn Rovers player and I can’t comment on him because it’s disrespectful to them.

“Fiction is something we all dream of – he’s a wonderful young player with a terrific goalscoring record. I think every manager in this division would like to have him in his team, or at least I’d like to think so.

“But that’s the difference between actual facts, and fiction.

“I know all about the financial side – I worked at Crystal Palace, so when you start counting the number of biscuits you’ve got in the canteen, you know where you are going with it.

“When I got to this club I was right up to speed.

“The only one small problem I have is where the penalties kick in and what the timescales are, I think that needs to be ironed out.

“But from where we were in the Premier League to when we came down to the Championship, we are now a very well-run club on and off the pitch.

“The Medo signing was great value for money and if something else comes along with that kind of value, then we’ll do it.”
Meanwhile
Norpig wrote:Sky Sports understands that Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers are leading the chase for Lens midfielder Samba Sow.
...denied in the BN today

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 am

Dougie wants Rhodes, that much is obvious. Nixon reckons Eddie Davies has said he will fund a top end striker. We will go in for him but it doesn't mean Blackburn will want to sell to us, a major rival.

Nixon says Blackburn have to get big earners off the books and Rhodes is their only real asset now. They owe 5.5 million to Huddersfield and we could get him for that if we offer it up front so they can pay Huddersfield off according to Nixon. Maybe offer a few extra's if we get promoted and stay up.

I would love Rhodes here. He has shown he can score for fun in this league and he is only 23. He is only going to get better and will hold his value for a good few years yet if we come to a point where we had to sell down the line. Its a good investment for Eddie and the club with little risk of losing money on him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/s ... z2XxghBZAt

hmmm... Coyle signed burnley players and mates - Dougie signs players he has played with....

IF (big one) we are after Rhodes - I don't know why we'd buy Beckford...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 am

how many biscuits do we have in the canteen? I think we should be told....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:15 am

Also radio Manchester tweeted this morning that Freedman has 'not ruled out a move for Rhodes', whatever that means.
from the quotes DSB supplied it sounds a little bit like him saying he hasn't ruled out a move for Rhodes - but the price would have to drop to about tuppence ha'penny - and that's not going to happen - so it's just dreamy fiction...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:22 am

thebish wrote:

from the quotes DSB supplied it sounds a little bit like him saying he hasn't ruled out a move for Rhodes - but the price would have to drop to about tuppence ha'penny - and that's not going to happen - so it's just dreamy fiction...
“I can’t sign a cheque like that because I haven’t got enough money.

I believe Eddie could"
Sounds to me like Dougie knows the money is there if we can make it happen.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:30 am

Looks like the deal is done?
DOUGIE Freedman has backed Jermaine Beckford to rediscover his golden touch after sealing a £1million move to Wanderers.

Even though the Jamaica international has struggled for form in the last few seasons, Freedman reckons his new signing arrives at the Reebok looking to silence his doubters.

Whereas the 29-year-old was once the talking point of English football after smashing 85 goals in three seasons with Leeds United, less prolific spells at Everton and Leicester City have seen him fall into a slump.

But Freedman – who played alongside Beckford at Elland Road – believes Wanderers are the right club to reignite the striker’s passion.

“I know his character, I know he has this up-and-down thought process and if things are not quite going right, that can come across in his performances. But that’s right up my street to be honest with you,” he said.

“Jermaine has lost that fantastic goalscoring record he had before and he has got a point to prove. He doesn’t need to prove anything to me because I know he has the bit between his teeth.”

Beckford has spent two years with Leicester after being bought for £3million by Sven-Goran Eriksson but slumped under the Swede’s successor Nigel Pearson and spent months of last season on loan at Huddersfield.

He had got into double figures in an injury-plagued spell in the Premier League with Everton prior to his Leicester move, and Freedman reckons his eagerness to join Bolton on a two-year deal – reportedly on half of his salary at the King Power Stadium – shows a player hungry to revive his career.

“In the summer I told him this wonderful club is going somewhere,” he said. “If he wants to be part of it, come and talk to me. He was on holiday and literally straight after landing he was here to speak.

“He maybe needs to prove to himself he can still score goals.

“He went to Everton, there were ups and downs, and you’ll get that working in a big squad, but he scored 10 goals.

“Since then it’s been mixed – but he chose the wrong move going to Leicester. He’ll tell you that and we’ve all done it in our careers.

“I played with him at Leeds so I know exactly what he is all about. I just need to see that sparkle in his eye that he wants to prove something to himself and I think we’ll benefit from that.”
And the bit in red.....awww, Dougie ! 8)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:55 am

To me, all Douglas has said there is £9m? Nah.

Still think it's on though, but obviously not for that much.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:15 am

Rhodes may well be in his sights ... who knows ... but I'd prefer to see Dawson fixed in the cross-hairs first.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:21 am

here you go... PSG..

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 am

thebish wrote:here you go... PSG..

You could at least have photo-shopped QuickQuid onto it !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:33 am