Matchday Tips

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Matchday Tips

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote: :lol: . This guy may be a WUM or your average yank. What you have to understand is 90% of them never leave their own state, can you imagine that never in your whole live leaving your county. The fact that this bloke has actually left America means that he is in the 10% of most intelligent Americans.
Dan, do yourself a favour and give it a rest lad. How many "Yanks" do you know? They may just like living where they are, and some of those "states" are big enough to fit the whole British Isles in with plenty to spare. Going to a few away matches by train dosn't exactly equate you Marco Polo. Think before you post, it's good advice.
It is still a fact and I have been to 50 countries so I know more about the rest of the world then most teenagers.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:17 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote: :lol: . This guy may be a WUM or your average yank. What you have to understand is 90% of them never leave their own state, can you imagine that never in your whole live leaving your county. The fact that this bloke has actually left America means that he is in the 10% of most intelligent Americans.
Dan, do yourself a favour and give it a rest lad. How many "Yanks" do you know? They may just like living where they are, and some of those "states" are big enough to fit the whole British Isles in with plenty to spare. Going to a few away matches by train dosn't exactly equate you Marco Polo. Think before you post, it's good advice.
It is still a fact and I have been to 50 countries so I know more about the rest of the world then most teenagers.
What utter piffle.
According to your facts only 10% of Americans have ever been outside of their own state!
And yet (you can see it here > http://www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/acs-19.pdf) the US Census tells us that 12.9% of US citizens were born outside of the United States, so at least 12.9% of Americans have travelled even if every other native born American hasn't (which is obviously completely nonsensicle to contemplate)
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:18 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Aye, okay. Carry on.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:22 pm

You honestly know for a fact that 90% of Americans don't ever leave their own state?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
What utter piffle.
According to your facts only 10% of Americans have ever been outside of their own state!
And yet (you can see it here > http://www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/acs-19.pdf) the US Census tells us that 12.9% of US citizens were born outside of the United States, so at least 12.9% of Americans have travelled even if every other native born American hasn't (which is obviously completely nonsensicle to contemplate)
hmmmm... you have very subtly changed what Dan said - see what you did there?? he said "90% of them never leave their own state" he did NOT say "only 10% of Americans have ever been outside of their own state." Now - strictly speaking - the 12.9% that you highlight MAY never have left their own (American) state once they got there - and getting there from another country or originating from another country would NOT, strictly speaking, contradict what Dan actually said...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
What utter piffle.
hmmmm... you have very subtly changed what Dan said - see what you did there?? he said "90% of them never leave their own state" he did NOT say "only 10% of Americans have ever been outside of their own state." Now - strictly speaking - the 12.9% that you highlight MAY never have left their own (American) state once they got there - and getting there from another country or originating from another country would NOT, strictly speaking, contradict what Dan actually said...
But he also said " Can you imagine never in your entire life leaving your own county" so nice try, but it would seem I haven't actually subverted his intentional remarks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

And? Didn't make you any more intelligent, did it?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:34 pm

:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Drink in the Man and Scythe in town, avoid anything other than Thatchers cloudy cider and try and sup about 6 pints before you leave.

Repeat the process again in Blue Boar, again order Thatchers (not the old dead hag, btw) and attempt at least 6 pints.

Order a taxi to the Reebok sometime after 2.30pm (the roads are clearer then) and there will be thousands of tickets going spare, sit in the ESL underneath the scoreboard to appreciate our fine young scrotes in full voice.

After the match sink at least 6 pints in either Scotts or Harvesters before getting a taxi back to Bolton.

In Bolton go to The Griffin, the Balmoral and McAuley's to see the delightfully cosmopolitain lads & lasses who frequent those fine establishments.

Enjoy - but don't forget to down at least 12 pints before the match starts - as the place is in the middle of nowhere and is a soulless & depressing concrete bowl.
Troll and proud of it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:36 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
[/quote]

I haven't been to anything like 50 countries... I bow to your superior world knowledge and intelligence.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:54 pm

LivingSocial.com wrote: Respondents dismissed another common misperception: that most Americans have never traveled abroad. The survey found that 78 percent of Americans have visited at least one foreign country, 61 percent have visited multiple countries, and 36 percent have traveled to four or more foreign destinations.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:03 pm

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:It is still a fact and I have been to 50 countries so I know more about the rest of the world then most teenagers.
I haven't been to anything like 50 countries... I bow to your superior world knowledge and intelligence.
Well, you would if it was even anywhere near being, even remotely a true statement Bish.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:It is still a fact and I have been to 50 countries so I know more about the rest of the world then most teenagers.
Well, you would if it was even anywhere near being, even remotely a true statement Bish.
It's an impressive number, and even taking into account defunct countries like East Germany and Hong Kong my travelling totals less than 50 countries. Not by many, mind, but still fewer.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Get there totally lashed and start singing the song 'zigger zagger zigger...'

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
It's an impressive number, and even taking into account defunct countries like East Germany and Hong Kong my travelling totals less than 50 countries. Not by many, mind, but still fewer.
Impressive when yer 18, that's 2 a year and 3 some years. ;-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
... all different.

That's more than 'some going'. It's bollox.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Given he'd be eight before he knew anything about it, that's five per year for ten years. Oh, and the Isle of man, Isle of Dogs, Isle of White and New Brighton are not countries.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:46 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
As Bobo said.....bollocks.....

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Your right it is bollocks, I have done 43. I stand corrected. Have the list in front of me now (my dad has kept a list of countries he had been to since his teens, when myself and my sister were born he started doing the same for us).
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Go on then, I'll swap lists: country, year and month. You go first. I'm 57 by the way, and my list runs to 41 countries and I know nobody my age who has done more. I spent ten years travelling the planet in my mid 20s to 30s.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください