Cardiff away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Cardiff away

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm

official twitter says we've sold 1300 so far
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm

No, not going. I don't do 'away' these days (unless it starts with a W and ends in embley), but I've done my fair share in the past. If you're looking for a pointer, I went to the last two away games of the promotion season in 1977/8 when we beat Blackburn at Ewood by a Frankie goal to nil to get to the old first division. The game before that was at Cardiff with a huge following.... and we lost. We were celebrating four days later though so nil desperandum if this trip doesn't go to plan.

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm making the trip, all be it on me own. Although my last two away games were Watford and Charlton :/

Edit - Think I was supposed to fit something in about being optimistic.

Refrained.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm

500 left. 1300 sold.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:spotty's list is still marked only by its total and complete absence..

I think we're going to have to declare Dan the challenge winner....
Oh no you're not... I'm going to start a separate thread. :wink:
Actually, I can't be arsed...
VICTORY is Dan's!!! :pissed:
Easy, easy, easy. Thank you for getting pissed on my behalf Bish.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Enoch wrote:I've been to the Isle of Sheppy. Oh and the Isle of Thanet, you need balls to go there.
Why, do you have to stop of in Hastings to go there.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Personally I expect us to get something their a defeat would be a very poor result.
Might not do much for promotion hopes, but not sure why not beating a team away that's just won the league by a comfortable mile would be a very poor result?
I think what you must remember is that in Dan's head anything is possible.

Remember he thought Barnsley were going to storm the league.....
:D , up there with some of my wildest predictions.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 pm

We've rode our luck a few times during this recent run.
Our away form is pretty poor.
No Spearing & no Ngog
Opponents are under no pressure having wrapped up promotion and the league.

We've feckin had it. 0-2 :hang:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I thought you'd come round Mr Genshaw!

Hastings Dan? I don't think you go through Hastings to get anywhere, except maybe away from Hastings.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Enoch wrote:I thought you'd come round Mr Genshaw!
Only for home games Nucky!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm

For some bizarre reason I think we'll be good value for a draw.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gosh, Tango, that must be 1500 kms. You do realize that I have driven over 2000 kms in a single day from Cornwall to Kenora and not only visited but a single country but didn't get out of the Province of Ontario. It's all relative. :wink:
Tangodancer wrote:
Oh. and there was something like 3,700 miles on the clock when I got home...
My longest road trip (two countries!) was just over 10,000 kms.
Ooops! 10,000 is my normal trip to Victoria BC and back. Longest was over 14,000 when I went via Arizona.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Im hoping the players will treat this one like a cup final (not like other cup finals in that city though I should add). I think spearing will be missed a lot less if medo and pratley are up for it. I'd take sordell out for Eaves, he's clearly determined to get his first bolton goal and hes shown he can do it in the leagues below plenty of times, partner him with craig davies and you've got a pair of strikers that will put the work in and also, hopefully find the net. Sordell didnt look like he had the right attitude for this stage of the season on saturday. Maybe he'd make a better impact sub though.

I hate to be optimistic but I think we'll want it more than Cardiff and a part of me is wondering whether we might just steal some very unlikely points.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm

I can see a draw for this one. I can see them going 1 up and then playing the game out. We will pitch one late on and everyone is happy with a point.

lionelator
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionelator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Living in Newport I don't get a chance to watch many Bolton games live, since the game is in Cardiff this weekend I was hoping to go watch with my wife and daughter.
Can't seem to buy tickets off the official site, any ideas why or how else to go about getting tickets?
I'm guessing it's cos the Cardiff fans are trying to get tickets even if in the away end but I've got a history with the club superstore of buying the jersey every year for a while now, will that make a difference at all?
Any advice appreciated.
A Wandering minstrel...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 pm

If Eaves and Craig Davies play up front I can see a lot of ariel-route football happening.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Going to have to give it a miss sadly. Leicester was a great game but turned into an expensively long saga involving broken down cars, lost keys and an unscheduled sleepover in Leeds, so I'll save my away funds for playoffs. Hope we take a full contingent, atmosphere should be great even if we beat them they'll still be celebrating.
I remember beating Stoke when they were already Champions in 93 and they were celebrating with us because we were catching Port Vale.
Gutted to miss saturday. Bring on the final day, we'll still be in with a shout whatever happens at cardiff.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:53 pm

lionelator wrote:Living in Newport I don't get a chance to watch many Bolton games live, since the game is in Cardiff this weekend I was hoping to go watch with my wife and daughter.
Can't seem to buy tickets off the official site, any ideas why or how else to go about getting tickets?
I'm guessing it's cos the Cardiff fans are trying to get tickets even if in the away end but I've got a history with the club superstore of buying the jersey every year for a while now, will that make a difference at all?
Any advice appreciated.
Give the ticket Office a call and explain your predicament to them. I know others have found them difficult but I've had no issues personally.
0844 871 2932
If you can purchase via the e-ticket option
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bwfc/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Voice Of Reason

lionelator
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionelator » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:09 am

Salford Trotter wrote:
lionelator wrote:Living in Newport I don't get a chance to watch many Bolton games live, since the game is in Cardiff this weekend I was hoping to go watch with my wife and daughter.
Any advice appreciated.
Give the ticket Office a call and explain your predicament to them. I know others have found them difficult but I've had no issues personally.
0844 871 2932
If you can purchase via the e-ticket option
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bwfc/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers bud, will try tomorrow.
A Wandering minstrel...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:12 am

Any advice appreciated.
A voice from the past. Long time no hear. Welcome back. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?