Cardiff away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Cardiff away

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Blackpool have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for. Proud of the lads no matter what the outcome is.

Sky are showing two championship games next weekend. I wonder if they will show our game and the Forest one? Much more exciting than the relegation battle.
Surely the Hull and the Watford games..........
Would have thought so. One of them will go up, one will be gutted. Plus if we win as the form book suggests they'll be showing us twice in may. And the Forest leics game will be irrelevant.

ron
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ron » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 pm

popeyedoyle wrote:First time post for me, hello all and I was there at Blackburn that night, memory maybe be dimming from that game but I think we had a side and an end full of whites? there was loads of Bolton fans there, a great night.
Aye, 35 years ago last night - I just remember the eternity to the final whistle and then the relief. Fingers crossed for the same result in the coming weeks.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 pm

ChrisC wrote:Blackpool have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for.
having nothing to play for can sometimes free you up to play with flair and abandon...

having everything to play for can sometimes cramp you up with fear and tension...

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 pm

ron wrote:
popeyedoyle wrote:First time post for me, hello all and I was there at Blackburn that night, memory maybe be dimming from that game but I think we had a side and an end full of whites? there was loads of Bolton fans there, a great night.
Aye, 35 years ago last night - I just remember the eternity to the final whistle and then the relief. Fingers crossed for the same result in the coming weeks.
That's what I remember too as a 10 year old listening to the commentary on the wireless.
Hope is what keeps us going.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Always hopeful wrote:
ron wrote:
That's what I remember too as a 10 year old listening to the commentary on the wireless.
I was doing my finals. I had an exam the next morning 7 NO chance of getting bacl.

So I listened on t'wireless with a very, very poor reception getting bits & pieces of clarity.

I recall being uncetain if we'd scored or not ... then if we'd held on. I only knew or sure at 10.25pm or so when the news gave out the result.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm

I too was at the Blackburn game. My recollection is that we had an end and a side plus about 50% of the other side. Frankie scored early on and there was no looking back after that! In my top 3 all time games.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
It'll be 20 years since that fantastic night, on Tuesday. :shock:
I officially feel old now. Thanks.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 pm

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Blackpool have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for.
having nothing to play for can sometimes free you up to play with flair and abandon...

having everything to play for can sometimes cramp you up with fear and tension...
I dunno... I get closer to shitting myself.

:lol:

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:Okay! Who's going?
I, my Blakeman shirt and my dad.
Was that you on row EE?

Only fella I saw in a Blakeman shirt.


Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
mullayo wrote:Wish they had presented the cup last week so we were playing in front of a dog and six people that hate Pratley

I'll take a draw but now the results are out of our hands and need to rely on Leicester

surely it's in our hands and we just need to beat Blackpool?? or am I missing summat?
I think so. Assuming Palace wins a game,we beat Blackpool 1-0 and Forest wins 5-0 how does the table stand?

Apologies if this has been pointed out.
We would finish 6th, by virtue of having scored 2 goals more than Forest
Would we not be 7th, losing out by 1 goal?
This is what I was trying to convey to thebish - I realize it is unlikely Salford Trotter - after all how often do two roughly equal teams with everything to play for lose by five goal. Why it hasn't happened since.... oh, the last time we were at Wembley.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:57 pm

it had already been pointed out. (but no apology needed!)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:59 pm

thebish wrote:it had already been pointed out. (but no apology needed!)
:oops: I skipped three or four pages after the second time it was mentioned.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 am

thebish wrote:

That is my point :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 am

thebish wrote:it had already been pointed out. (but no apology needed!)
In retrospect, that may well have been the case today. Tough away game, very good side with no real tension having just won the league title and promotion. It actually makes getting a point there a real good attempt. Was quite proud of us today in a game that few really expected us to win, or even draw. Blackpool are no Cardiff and we have to be in with a real chance now if we don't tense up in our desire to win. Play football like we can and we'll do it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 am

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman:
"If someone had said when I came in here and we were 17th in the league we would have to win the last game to get in the play-offs we would have taken it."
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:Okay! Who's going?
I, my Blakeman shirt and my dad.
Was that you on row EE?

Only fella I saw in a Blakeman shirt.
Yes
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 am

Bumped into 2 Bolton fans at Reading station on the way, back they were quite :pissed: . Wasent you HMX was it.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Tom Ince v Alonso and Knight :o
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Bumped into 2 Bolton fans at Reading station on the way, back they were quite :pissed: . Wasent you HMX was it.
'fraid not - I went to Didcot (someone has to) and then to Oxford.

bristolwanderer and I saw you from up high in the stand - Blakeman shirt.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:26 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Important point indeed ST. Another fantastic night in Hull anyone?? :D
It'll be 20 years since that fantastic night, on Tuesday. :shock:
Someone should write a reflection on it. Start a new thread series, "it was 20 years ago today: [match]". Then folks can comment below. I'd love to but am a bit busy.