Blackpool ... Donkeys or Towering ?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Blackpool ... Donkeys or Towering ?

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 am

"Every game's a cup final from now til the end of the season!"
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 02, 2013 11:12 am

streuth, this week is dragging!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 am

thebish wrote:streuth, this week is dragging!
Imagine next week after we lose on Saturday........ :wink:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu May 02, 2013 11:14 am

thebish wrote:streuth, this week is dragging!

The 90+ minutes on Saturday will drag much more if we are sat on a 1 goal lead! :|

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Thu May 02, 2013 12:03 pm

I can see this guy http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10390107._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; upsetting the apple cart seems a little card happy maybe an unnecessary sending off or two. :roll:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Basically we need to win this don't we?
We need to win this because if we can't beat a mid-table Championship team at home when we need to, there's no point seeking promotion.

And for that reason, I'm quite relaxed. Although I've started to feel more excited about the possibility of promotion, I don't fear another year in this division; it's not like getting relegated. Yes yes, money; yes yes, top-class opposition; yes yes, Spearing and Dawson. But it's out of my control, and I'm learning not to let things out of my control bother me. I'm not saying I won't be nervous on Saturday but there's a difference between that excitement and soul-sapping anxiety.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
We need to win this because if we can't beat a mid-table Championship team at home when we need to, there's no point seeking promotion.

And for that reason, I'm quite relaxed. Although I've started to feel more excited about the possibility of promotion, I don't fear another year in this division; it's not like getting relegated. Yes yes, money; yes yes, top-class opposition; yes yes, Spearing and Dawson. But it's out of my control, and I'm learning not to let things out of my control bother me. I'm not saying I won't be nervous on Saturday but there's a difference between that excitement and soul-sapping anxiety.
Fxck, I'm still stuck in the soul-sapping anxiety phase.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm really looking forward to being part of Blackpool's promotion party.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

maybe this will help you relax?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm

thebish wrote:maybe this will help you relax?

Literally LOL.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2013 12:40 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

maybe this will help you relax?

THAT HAS EXTERMINATED ALL TENSION :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu May 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Hahaha! That is amazing!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 02, 2013 12:42 pm

.We need to win this because if we can't beat a mid-table Championship team at home when we need to, there's no point seeking promotion

I know what you're saying, but it doesn't work like that.

Hull needed to beat Barnsley (a relegation fighting, lower table side) last week but didn't. I'm sure their fans aren't saying "shucks we lost at Barnsley and were outplayed lets forget this promotion lark and let Cardiff give us a royal dicking".

I think shit happens in football. It isn't always fair. It just happens. I think if you take the season overall then where we are probably flatters us. If you take the season since February then I think it would be a foolish man to say we shouldn't be in the top 2 if not champions. The run we've been on needs a good end. That end may well not be promotion but lets at least get in the mixer now we're on the verge.

I agree about not fearing another year in this division. In some ways it might be beneficial to grow the likes of Eaves, Vela and some of the even younger ones coming through. It might make us a more stable club. But as you allude to, financially, it would be risky in terms of keeping players and signing better ones and having the money to do that, but I think we have the right sort of manager to eek out what is available and use it well.

I'm more nervous about this game than Stoke last season because I kind of thought relegation was inevitable last season, and frankly we'd never at any point shown the real guts and desire to change our fate.

This year however, despite an appalling start and mediocre middle, we've ended so strongly and shown real, genuine resolve to keep pushing on that it feels like missing out on the party now would be a real genuine shame. A waste of the effort that has gone in. The nerves come from having what looked like an almost impossible task at times, but now being right, right on the brink.

The last hurdle always seems the highest (I think Bish said that earlier this week).

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Difference is, Hull were away. Barnsley had something to play for.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2013 12:49 pm

boltonboris wrote:Difference is, Hull were away. Barnsley had something to play for.
You're very similar to that Dalek. Very calming.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 pm

boltonboris wrote:Difference is, Hull were away. Barnsley had something to play for.
Yeah, countered by Blackpool having better players.

Alls I'm saying is, that our readiness for play-offs/promotion etc shouldn't be judged by one game. Nor will our disappointment be any less should we not do it.

I mean should we feck up and draw on Saturday but still fluke our way in, I'd not be saying "ah well we couldn't beat Blackpool so we best not get promoted". Not at this stage, not now.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm learning not to let things out of my control bother me. I'm not saying I won't be nervous on Saturday but there's a difference between that excitement and soul-sapping anxiety.
I'm aghast!

I didn't think you were paying attention.

:wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Alls I'm saying is, that our readiness for play-offs/promotion etc shouldn't be judged by one game. Nor will our disappointment be any less should we not do it.
i think DSB is better qualified to quantify his own disappointment levels...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

i think DSB is better qualified to quantify his own disappointment levels...
Yeah but he's quite relaxed at this stage, which just cannae be right........ :wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I mean should we feck up and draw on Saturday but still fluke our way in, I'd not be saying "ah well we couldn't beat Blackpool so we best not get promoted". Not at this stage, not now.
And we've got better players than Blackpool
Sto ut Serviam