Club Rebranding

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Club Rebranding

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Bolton Wanderers Official
KIT REVEAL: The full unveil of our new adidas home kit is coming your way shortly!
Tell them I'm so excited a little blob of piss has just come out.
I hate to tell you this, but that's not pee.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

coffeymagic wrote:We all said we wanted third world debt cancelling - did that happen?

actually - a fair bit was cancelled... 8) (I don't think fb petitions were around then - so they can't take the credit!)

I generally ignore avaaz petitions - maybe I shouldn't - but they irk me!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Beefheart wrote:We won't pay tax since we don't make a profit. Even if we started making a profit we wouldn't pay tax on it for years. FibrLec will probably be entitled to R&D Tax credits (100% of expenditure if they are an SME, 30% if considered large), but BWFC won't be.
Sorry, you'll have to talk me through this.. Companies who don't post operating profits don't pay taxes? Are you sure that's the case? Because I can name a couple of examples of businesses that couldn't afford to pay their taxes because they were losing money......
Well a) Operating profits aren't the basis for tax calculations, it's net profits then whatever adjustments are necessary for tax purposes. b) Corporation Tax is paid on profits so if you don't make a (tax) profit then you don't pay it. Obviously businesses pay other taxes. Employers NI, VAT (although they essentially just act as a tax collector in that respect)etc so that might what the businesses you mentioned were struggling to play? Also, profit and cash aren't the same thing.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:18 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Bolton Wanderers Official
KIT REVEAL: The full unveil of our new adidas home kit is coming your way shortly!
Tell them I'm so excited a little blob of piss has just come out.

Did you do the Phil Jones face as it happened?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 pm

:lol:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 pm

New strip not been unveiled yet? I demand to see it, join me and sign the petition to see the new Wanderers strip.

Town hall steps 5pm
Pfffft.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm

TKIZ! wrote:New strip not been unveiled yet? I demand to see it, join me and sign the petition to see the new Wanderers strip.

Town hall steps 5pm
If this is a BWFC shortly I would hate to see a BWFC longly!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I can tell it's the close season. Do you know why?
Anyway I'm sunbathing - well sitting in a beer garden with a bit of sun. I am not dressed in any form of football kit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I can tell it's the close season. Do you know why?
Anyway I'm sunbathing - well sitting in a beer garden with a bit of sun. I am not dressed in any form of football kit.
Good for you, fella. I unfortunately am working from home today in preparation for the new job plus I love closed season as there is so little football worth stuff going on that even SSN has to treat 'Mourinho having a poo' as the biggest story ever :lol:
Pfffft.

RedStarBelgrade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by RedStarBelgrade » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 pm

This may be a weird question, but it's hard for me in Serbia to understand that, so don't be mad :lol: Why is the rose of Lancashire there, and were not on the other badge?
We'll be back!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:53 pm

RedStarBelgrade wrote:This may be a weird question, but it's hard for me in Serbia to understand that, so don't be mad :lol: Why is the rose of Lancashire there, and were not on the other badge?
The rose was part of the Bolton badge for many many years. When we moved to the Reebok and into the premiership the club decided to change to the ribbons badge. Lots didn't like that badge and we have now gone back to a badge similar to the old one and got the rose back :D

RedStarBelgrade
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by RedStarBelgrade » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 pm

ChrisC wrote:
RedStarBelgrade wrote:This may be a weird question, but it's hard for me in Serbia to understand that, so don't be mad :lol: Why is the rose of Lancashire there, and were not on the other badge?
The rose was part of the Bolton badge for many many years. When we moved to the Reebok and into the premiership the club decided to change to the ribbons badge. Lots didn't like that badge and we have now gone back to a badge similar to the old one and got the rose back :D
Understood. Now, probably a little bit offensive question...is Bolton in Cheshire or Lancashire? :oops: We studied it's in Cheshire, and now there's a Lancashire rose, it's confusing for me.
We'll be back!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

RedStarBelgrade wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Understood. Now, probably a little bit offensive question...is Bolton in Cheshire or Lancashire? :oops: We studied it's in Cheshire, and now there's a Lancashire rose, it's confusing for me.
It's not offensive.

Technically Bolton is in neither. It is in Greater Manchester.

There will now probably be a long and boring argument about this.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Historic county of Lancashire, 1974 government controlled area of Gtr Manchester

;)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
RedStarBelgrade wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
It's not offensive.

Not at all. Bolton can't be in Greater Manchester as Greater Manchester doesn't exist. Bolton is in Lancashire, hence the Rose.

No argument.

Loafer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Loafer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:11 pm

11:10pm now in Australia. They never stated which timezone the 6/6 release was :P

Need someone on the club facebook page to just hit submit.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Well, to be fair ..... not a strength of mine, as I know .... but the change of sponsor may well be reason to have a small delay.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Well, to be fair ..... not a strength of mine, as I know .... but the change of sponsor may well be reason to have a small delay.
Probably running around trying to find any Bolton player who isn't currently on their holidays to be the the kit model.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
RedStarBelgrade wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
It's not offensive.

Not at all. Bolton can't be in Greater Manchester as Greater Manchester doesn't exist. Bolton is in Lancashire, hence the Rose.

No argument.
Ha I knew it.

It very much does exist by law. And in fact services are provided on a GM basis. Fairly clear cut I'd say. Like it or not......
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Ha. Me too.

I was born in Bolton, Lancashire. Calling it something else does not IN MY VIEW make it so.

So feck you, you Manc. :fingers: