Club Rebranding

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Club Rebranding

Post by ChrisC » Mon May 27, 2013 10:34 am

The fact that there is even a chance these loan shark companies are linked to suicides and the like should make the club think twice! Hopefully its rubbish and we are going with the rumoured appliances online.

Mr. Black
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mr. Black » Mon May 27, 2013 11:16 am

link to article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... -role.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:And they don't do an XXXXXXXL 8)
It was introduced to the range with the appointment of an old kit man.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 27, 2013 12:32 pm

ChrisC wrote:The fact that there is even a chance these loan shark companies are linked to suicides and the like should make the club think twice! Hopefully its rubbish and we are going with the rumoured appliances online.
the club .... or rather, the Commercial guys ... will have made a pig's ear of this and will defend their ineptitude by claiming to have carried out extensive research with focus groups.

They used that bollox when they did the last badge change and when they returned us to white shorts.

Everton's fans have been told this only this week after their new badge introduction with fans groups challenging the claim and asking for proof of these focus groups and getting a resounding silence in return.

If they haven't fckd up I will acknowledge that but I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon May 27, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Whilst I share the feeling that in an ideal world a loan company is not what I would want sponsoring the football team I support, we are sadly in a far from ideal world. I doubt Bolton Wanderers are in a position to turn down the best offer on a point of principle.

And let's face it, how many 'ethical' companies are likely to be interested in shirt sponsorship.

Did people complain about Reebok and their horrific use of sweatshops when they were our shirt sponsors?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 27, 2013 1:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Whilst I share the feeling that in an ideal world a loan company is not what I would want sponsoring the football team I support, we are sadly in a far from ideal world. I doubt Bolton Wanderers are in a position to turn down the best offer on a point of principle.

And let's face it, how many 'ethical' companies are likely to be interested in shirt sponsorship.

Did people complain about Reebok and their horrific use of sweatshops when they were our shirt sponsors?
Whilst I agree with you BWFCi and big business is renewed for all types of horrendous practices, you would have thought that regardless of inquiries findings that a local football club would have a lot more sensitivity considering that a local man has 73% burns to his body because of one of these payday lenders. Especially when it's in talks to sponsor the team?

Although am I being hypocritical as I was happy to wear the 188 bet on my last three shirts? :(
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Whilst I share the feeling that in an ideal world a loan company is not what I would want sponsoring the football team I support, we are sadly in a far from ideal world. I doubt Bolton Wanderers are in a position to turn down the best offer on a point of principle.

Whilst I agree with you BWFCi and big business is renewed for all types of horrendous practices, you would have thought that regardless of inquiries findings that a local football club would have a lot more sensitivity considering that a local man has 73% burns to his body because of one of these payday lenders. Especially when it's in talks to sponsor the team?

Although am I being hypocritical as I was happy to wear the 188 bet on my last three shirts? :(
It's bad timing, but I'm not sure what the club could do? I mean quick quid are not even one of the companies who lent to that guy.

And like I say Reebok, who our stadium is named after are hardly any better and nobody to my knowledge has complained about that.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 27, 2013 1:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

It's bad timing, but I'm not sure what the club could do? I mean quick quid are not even one of the companies who lent to that guy.

And like I say Reebok, who our stadium is named after are hardly any better and nobody to my knowledge has complained about that.
Fair point BWFCi, I just feel a little odd that we have chosen to have QuickQuid as the sponsors
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

Fair point BWFCi, I just feel a little odd that we have chosen to have QuickQuid as the sponsors
I think we all do to an extent. Nobody in their right mind would choose them as their sponsor. But it is a commercial relationship. I doubt there were many choices out there.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 27, 2013 1:41 pm

True that, probably offered BWFC the most amount of money and it's a business at the end of the day
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 27, 2013 1:44 pm

should be arctic aircon! they're ace!!
and we could have that ace inuit logo!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon May 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Knight Security or HB Electronics
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 27, 2013 2:12 pm

TKIZ! wrote:True that, probably offered BWFC the most amount of money and it's a business at the end of the day
Though it'd the margins which matter .... how much will this lot pay over what other offers we had.

If it's utterly clear cut then fair do's, but if not then it's worth a scout around. Not that anyone's going to have the faintest chance of changing what is, by now, a done deal whoever it's with.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

500k? Is that it? How much does Zat Knight cost us a year? Surely we could do without and be sponsored by "saving 500k by not keeping Zat Knight". Worse than bloody ribbons this :evil:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:26 pm

zat knight's better than these slow foriegn waste of money types like ream and alsono and whoever who folk make endless excuses for.

he get's some unnessesary stick.

if yr gonna blame anyone for it (only getting 2 bob of some shadey sponser) . blame coyle.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 pm

The 're-branding' includes the exit of match-day shouter-outer Colin McGreavy. This is discussed already.

However, these words were in the BeN a couple of days ago and just seem curious ;
" ...with the club looking to embrace a different approach on a match-day from the start of next season, it is understood that he will no longer be needed for the role".

I'm seeing ....

(the pitch isn't in good nick though !!)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Nixon has confirmed the new sponsor will be Quick Quid :(

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 27, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm struggling to get over-excited about this. Other than having "Quick Quid" on the shirts will look a bit naff. At least their logo isn't orange....errrrr......

Mr. Black
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mr. Black » Mon May 27, 2013 9:04 pm

hopefully, like on 188 bet's kits, the sponsor colour will correspond to the shirt colour.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Mr. Black wrote:hopefully, like on 188 bet's kits, the sponsor colour will correspond to the shirt colour.
Are you colour blind?