Stevenage FC fans 70 mile charity walk for Mitchell Cole.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

MarchForMitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Stevenage FC fans 70 mile charity walk for Mitchell Cole.

Post by MarchForMitch » Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi all.

Stevenage fan here in piece.

I know its nothing direct to do with Bolton Wanderers which I apologise for but I just wanna promote a charity walk myself and 10 other Stevenage fans are doing in August in memory of Mitchell Cole and raising money for his families chosen charity, the Cardiomyopathy Association or CMA for short. We are starting on a friday at Oxford Uniteds stadium and returning to the lamex stadium in Stevenage in time for kick off of our 1st home game of the 2013-14 season (dates tbc when fixtures are released in June). Roughly 65 miles in about 22 hours............................we think.

When he passed in December last year obviously it was a total shock. He left behind a wife and 3 children, the 3rd child was born 6 days after his death which is simply heartbreaking. Our club held a benefit game in his memory and it was great to see fans from many clubs there to to show there appreciation.

We are wearing the shirts from the 11 football clubs Mitch represented during his career. They are Norwich, West Ham, Southend, Northampton, Stevenage, Oxford, Hitchin, Biggleswade, Arlsey and a couple of others. All shirts will have COLE 21 on the back (21 being Mitch's squad number at the Boro).

If anybody would like to make a donation to the CMA charity then please do so through the attached link.

http://www.justgiving.com/Terry-Peacock1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any donation received would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your time and good luck for sunday and next season.

Kind regards

Terry