Emma's at it again ...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Emma's at it again ...

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:54 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10474277._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Breaks your heart doesn't it ?

The way he's been mistreated means the family may have to move and she had to tell the children, actually at their schools !!

I'd have thought, at 36, his retirement was something they'd planned for. But we didn't even find a role for him at the club. Now their family life is in turmoil. If he has .... very conservatively ... earned £25k a week (at today's rate) for 10 years = c £13m. You'd think they could buy a second home for wherever he landed for the rest of his career.

She really does tarnish his considerable career with us.
KEVIN Davies may have one of football’s toughest reputations but wife Emma had never seen her husband cry — until his final match for Bolton Wanderers. The former captain was leaving the club after a decade with no new contract on offer.

“I’ve never seen him so hurt,” states Emma, the wife who was always in the stands supporting her husband at matches. “Our little girl came to me and said ‘mummy, daddy’s crying on the pitch’ and I said ‘Don’t be silly — he never cries.’ But he was.” There has been much emotion and dismay in the Davies household in the last month or two. “We felt certain they (BWFC) would come back with some role for Kevin, but they didn’t,” adds Emma.

Emma’s more immediate concerns are for her husband and young family.

She and Kevin met three weeks before he signed for the Wanderers while he was still playing at Southampton. She had a high-powered job working for a post-production film company and the relationship signaled a spell of commuting between London and Bolton, which ultimately resulted in the couple marrying and setting up home in the town.

They now have three children — aged nine, seven and three — and for the past five years have lived in a large house overlooking the West Pennine Moors, which they love. “We’ve invested a small fortune into this house because we felt we would always be in Bolton,” she insists. “The children are very settled in local schools and I’ve made brilliant friends here. This is our home and it’s where we wanted to be.”

Part of this settled lifestyle and commitment to the Bolton community was the setting up three years ago of the couple’s own charity, KiDs of Bolton. This was destined to help deserving young local individuals and groups in practical ways. Both Kevin and Emma were directly involved in all the decisions — they were adamant they didn’t just want to sign cheques. They have held a number of successful, high-profile events since then and raised more than £200,000.

As a result the charity has been able to help an array of local burgeoning talent — from football teams to figure skaters and future Olympic stars via the re-launched Bolton Gymnastics Club with everything from new strips to equipment. Kevin had big plans to establish indoor football pitches because, as Emma explains: “He got sick of our son’s matches being cancelled because of the weather and realised there was a great need for indoor pitches locally.”

The uncertainty now surrounding the family’s future home, however, means that the couple have had to undergo a seachange in their plans for the charity. “If we were staying — and I’ve still no idea whether we’ll be able to live in Bolton or not — we would have been able to commit the charity to the pitches and to raising the money for the ongoing costs but that’s all changed now,” says Emma. So, the couple are now looking for more individual projects to benefit from the £100,000 or so still in the charity’s coffers. “We’d love to hear from lots of different local projects to see who we can help,” she states. “If people look on the website kidsofbolton.org.uk) they’ll get an idea of who we’ve helped so far and will, hopefully, apply.”

Emma has lived in a variety of places including London, Boston and Montreal. “I’m not fazed by moving and I know it comes with the territory, but I don’t want to move.” she says. “When Kevin was considering going to Toronto, I had to go into the three different schools that the children attend to let them know. It was quite traumatic for the children, then that fell through and currently we don’t know what will happen next.”

If her husband ultimately goes to a Championship club nearer to Bolton, which is always a possibility, the family might be able to remain where they are, and go forward with plans for the charity. She is, however, grateful for the lengthy time they have had as a family in Bolton and grateful to local people making them welcome.

The only “regret” Emma says she has is that she didn’t emulate some other footballers’ wives and spend match days “shopping in Harvey Nichols” instead of watching the match. “That way,” she admits. “I wouldn’t care so much now.”
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Emma's at it again ...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 am

Emma :(

Marcus Aurelius said "Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears". Although he might have been talking bollocks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:09 am

Jesus Christ. So now she is claiming the club not paying her husband a 25K a week salary for being useless is damaging the charity prospects for Bolton.

That is low.

Really really low.

Good riddance to her I say.....

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:12 am

It's the line about the club offering him a role that gets me, SKD has been invaluable to the club for the last eight years but if there is no room for him in the squad then how are they going to make room for him in the back room staff set up?
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:22 am

TKIZ! wrote:It's the line about the club offering him a role that gets me, SKD has been invaluable to the club for the last eight years but if there is no room for him in the squad then how are they going to make room for him in the back room staff set up?
... it doesn't cross her mind that behaving the way she (& he at her prompting) did made that a far less likely prospect either.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:28 am

Wonder what Tango makes of this
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am

I have it on good authority that while the rest of us were willing the team back into the game with Blackpool, Davies was preoccupied with his kids
Sto ut Serviam

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I have it on good authority that while the rest of us were willing the team back into the game with Blackpool, Davies was preoccupied with his kids
I can see it from both sides on this point, he was told he wasn't in the manager's plans and he probably thought it didn't really matter to him all that much whether we ended up getting back into the game. Personally I would have put him on the bench and maybe with five mins to go put him on. But on the other side Dougie probably made the right decision
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:22 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Wonder what Tango makes of this
Too much speculation of what went on, and knowing nothing factually makes comment futile. Just sorry the carreer of one of my all-time favourite Wanderers has finally ended. Good luck to him whatever the future holds. He'll always be Super Kev to me.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Wonder what Tango makes of this
Too much speculation of what went on, and knowing nothing factually makes comment futile. Just sorry the carreer of one of my all-time favourite Wanderers has finally ended. Good luck to him whatever the future holds. He'll always be Super Kev to me.

:wink:

As to me

Tosser of a wife though!!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:29 pm

He'll always be that way for me too, shame his wife has to spoil it
Pfffft.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:04 pm

East Kilbride resident Maria Davis yesterday didn't speak for the first time about her partner Tony Coffey's move from Bolton.

'It was all pretty straight forward' the 42 year old Scot didn't go running to the papers bleating 'Tony was working at Ingersoll Rand and there were a lot redundancies taking place. It would have been nice if after almost three years of undying service the company had found a role for Tony but that's just the way things were.'

The couple met at a party in London and after two years of commuting between Little Hulton and the South Lanarkshire town Tony decided to move north. 'It was pretty simple really, as an adult I was able to cope with the emotions of leaving my family for a new life. I didn't cry or anything - it's only three hours away and I speak to my mum, dad and other family members all the team. it's no big deal' he concluded.

Maria didn't go on to explain that she'd never seen Tony cry at anything. 'He didn't even cry when the wean's were born' she didn't say 'He's heartless'. However Tony did respond that he did cry with laughter the first time he saw that Alan Partridge where he puts his foot through that spike.

'Read the Daily Express, it's a good paper' the 42 year old father of two quipped.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:07 pm

coffeymagic wrote:East Kilbride resident Maria Davis yesterday didn't speak for the first time about her partner Tony Coffey's move from Bolton.

'It was all pretty straight forward' the 42 year old Scot didn't go running to the papers bleating 'Tony was working at Ingersoll Rand and there were a lot redundancies taking place. It would have been nice if after almost three years of undying service the company had found a role for Tony but that's just the way things were.'

The couple met at a party in London and after two years of commuting between Little Hulton and the South Lanarkshire town Tony decided to move north. 'It was pretty simple really, as an adult I was able to cope with the emotions of leaving my family for a new life. I didn't cry or anything - it's only three hours away and I speak to my mum, dad and other family members all the team. it's no big deal' he concluded.

Maria didn't go on to explain that she'd never seen Tony cry at anything. 'He didn't even cry when the wean's were born' she didn't say 'He's heartless'. However Tony did respond that he did cry with laughter the first time he saw that Alan Partridge where he puts his foot through that spike.

'Read the Daily Express, it's a good paper' the 42 year old father of two quipped.
:lol:

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:11 pm

I like it when things aren't going well and people start calling Radio Manchester saying things like 'I think John McGinlay should be employed by the club IN SOME CAPACITY.'

Do you fecking really?

What capacity is that then?

Manager? Coach (how many do we have already?), tea boy? Now bloody Emma wants Kevin to be employed by the club in some capacity.

They should find a role for him? What are you talking about woman@ If there isn't a job that needs doing then he needs to do what the rest of us have to do to fill up the time between waking p and going to bed.

Get on his bike and find a job.

Welcome to the real world.

Y'daft cow.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:13 pm

he could be the new robbie blake - the changing room japester and all-round cheery-uppy person...

on second thoughts...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:36 pm

It really is absolute nonsense and I'm very glad that Dougie doesn't go in for that kind of sentimental tosh. At SKD's age Dougie had been coaching and studying and preparing for management for years. That should be the basis on which an ageing player gets a role at a club, not for being an all-round good egg, or even for SKD's sterling efforts as a player. He got his time-served bonus with that last contract because his performances in the Prem didn't merit it in my view.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 pm

coffeymagic wrote: Y'daft cow.
Look y'all lay off Emma.

So dearest Emma is it true when the article says "So, the couple are now looking for more individual projects to benefit from the £100,000 or so still in the charity’s coffers..."
Because I've got a few individual projects that I wouldn't mind having some financial input into. 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm

'I wish sometimes I were a real brainless WAG, it's hard being this clever and all-round amazing.'
Or something like that. That was a personal favourite bit.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 pm

It's all a bit David Brent. You can't keep coming in here, David, you don't work here any more.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:It's all a bit David Brent. You can't keep coming in here, David, you don't work here any more.
(which is, apparently, what really did happen with Houllier at L'pool.)