Stu Holden was fantastic tonight for the U.S

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Stu Holden was fantastic tonight for the U.S

Post by Beefheart » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm sorry, is this not Amurrica? I thought this was Amurrica!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:35 pm

If America is ever discussed in rational terms I'll be surprised.

News Flash: Young athlete is stupid and indicative of his local area. Shocker.

The same could be said for some of the youf in England. It's like having to hear about hooligans incessantly from those that are intimidated by soccer's growing creep into the mainstream here.

Shea btw can be awesome or dreadful. I've seen him make amazing runs and I've seen him leave the ball to the defender in equal measure. He's young and inconsistent but the talent could be there. But his youthful stupidity is likely based on his youth and not his country of origin. Method of youthful expression excluded. (That pig pic is disgusting btw)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Is that the Kenwyne Jones pig head? What a bell-end.

That's not because he's an American btw, but because he's clearly a bell-end.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 am

americantrotter wrote:If America is ever discussed in rational terms I'll be surprised.

News Flash: Young athlete is stupid and indicative of his local area. Shocker.

The same could be said for some of the youf in England. It's like having to hear about hooligans incessantly from those that are intimidated by soccer's growing creep into the mainstream here.

Shea btw can be awesome or dreadful. I've seen him make amazing runs and I've seen him leave the ball to the defender in equal measure. He's young and inconsistent but the talent could be there. But his youthful stupidity is likely based on his youth and not his country of origin. Method of youthful expression excluded. (That pig pic is disgusting btw)
I wouldn't want us signing Nile Ranger, if it makes you happy.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:22 am

Lord Kangana wrote:I thought he was American?
He's Scottish isn't he? Born in Aberdeen?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:32 am

americantrotter wrote:(That pig pic is disgusting btw)
Part of escalating dressing-room hi-jinks, believed to have involved Kenwyne Jones (Trinidadian) and Glenn Whelan (Irish).

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:28 pm

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?mat ... art=sports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stu starts against Cuba, kick off at 8.30UK time (2minutes) links are above
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:05 pm

FT USA 4 Cuba 1. Stewie subbed after 58 mins.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:FT USA 4 Cuba 1. Stewie subbed after 58 mins.
How did he play?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

leopold
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leopold » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Stu looked a bit off the pace last night, and cuba were mostly fielding amateurs. I didn't see the guatemala game, but he has a ways to go even to get up to championship standard. Granted his supporting cast weren't much either, but the playing time he's getting will certainly be nothing but a benefit to Bolton and his recovery.

Bolton have no reason to waste their time with Brek Shea. He is absolute pony and will take years to adjust to the English game. he will prove a costly mistake for Stoke. decent athleticism, zero football brain

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Played to deep for my liking, he was pretty much flat along side Beckerman, Stu played some cracking passes 40/50 yarders but chances always came to nothing, it's hard to judge Stu with these games because the players he is playing against are a bunch of nobodies and his teams bar 4/5 aren't good enough and won't be in the World Cup squad
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

erikusa
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by erikusa » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:46 am

He played a full 90 today vs Costa Rica the 3rd best team in our region. First time he's played a full 90 for the U.S since 2010. Played very phsical which was great to see from him and he had a great second half. U.S won 1-0. Looks to be setting up vs a final vs Mexico which will be a good test for him. He's definitley coming along well this summer.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 am

He played a more defensive patient role in a midfield 2, not making too many foward runs or passes. Played it simple but clearly about 75% of his best where he was when he played with Muamba more box to box. This maybe a tactical role as designated by Klinsman, the US Manager.

Glad he got a full 90 mins. Hopefully he will be back to his best soon, but not seeing him as a starter for us when the season starts. Still in my mind behind Mido, Vela and Pratley at the moment, but will improve.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:09 am

If he's behind Pratley, then we may aswell let him go.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:44 am

boltonboris wrote:If he's behind Pratley, then we may aswell let him go.
... correct, if that's his new level. wouldn't it just kill you to see Coyle sign him and him come good though ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 am

Stu will line up alongside Medo against Burnley 100%. Stu will be the only player in the squad to have been playing competitive games and he will be straight in the starting line up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 am

ChrisC wrote:Stu will line up alongside Medo against Burnley 100%. Stu will be the only player in the squad to have been playing competitive games and he will be straight in the starting line up.
Isn't the final on the 28th July? So if the USA make that, Stu won't be back here till mid-week at the earliest. Probably the Thursday. Then be asked to play a day and a bit later with a group of players (some of whom he will never have met before), in a completely different level and style of football to what he's played over the summer? Not for me.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Stu will line up alongside Medo against Burnley 100%. Stu will be the only player in the squad to have been playing competitive games and he will be straight in the starting line up.
Isn't the final on the 28th July? So if the USA make that, Stu won't be back here till mid-week at the earliest. Probably the Thursday. Then be asked to play a day and a bit later with a group of players (some of whom he will never have met before), in a completely different level and style of football to what he's played over the summer? Not for me.
Go on then, I'll occupy the halfway house. He'll be on the bench, and come on for the last fifteen minutes or so.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:51 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Go on then, I'll occupy the halfway house. He'll be on the bench, and come on for the last fifteen minutes or so.
Yeah I can go with being on the bench.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Time will tell. I will put an internet fiver on him playing in the Burnley game ;)