Reading

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Reading

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Hello,

I'm a Reading fan in 100% peace from our friendly fans forum - Royals Rendezvous. Here's some information on our team ahead of the game on 10th August.

Reading Team
Reading started with a 4-2-3-1 formation against Ipswich Town. Alex McCarthy started in goal, while Chris Gunter (right) and Wayne Bridge (left) were the full backs. Alex Pearce and Sean Morrison played at centre-back; with Adrian Mariappa a surprise non-inclusion in the squad. Jem Karacan and Danny Guthrie were chosen ahead of new signing Daniel Williams (who came on later in the Ipswich game). Royston Drenthe, Hal Robson-Kanu and Garath McCleary all rotated between the wings and the "hole", as top scorer for the previous two seasons Adam Le Fondre started upfront.

Reading team vs Ipswich
McCarthy
Gunter, Morrison (c), Pearce, Bridge
Karacan, Guthrie
Robson-Kanu, Drenthe, McCleary
Le Fondre

Subs: Adam Federici (GK), Stephen Kelly (RB/LB), Kaspars Gorkss (CB), Daniel Williams (CM), Jordan Obita (LM), Jobi McAnuff (LM/RM/AM), Pavel Pogrebnyak (ST).

Notable Missing Players: Adrian Mariappa (unknown), Jimmy Kebe (doubtful), Jason Roberts (out).

Reading fans
Tickets for Reading fans are on general sale. No indication has been given on how many tickets we've sold.

Reading's Key Players
Alex McCarthy was in great form at the end of last season. He got injured in November, keeping him out until he featured in a game against Liverpool - where he kept a clean sheet, making 10 saves in the game. He also made 10 saves in a 2-2 draw at Swansea in October. The 23-year old deserved his England call up at the end of the season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oFKDS4Mm3s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Adam Le Fondre has been Reading's top goalscorer in the last two seasons. He managed eight off the bench last season - a Premier League record. He scored vital goals against West Brom, Newcastle (double) and Chelsea (double) to earn the Premier League player of the month award for January. He also scored against Ipswich this season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XAAqWi1rFw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

What do the Reading fans think?
Take a look at our match thread at Royals Rendezvous - <-Will be edited in when the thread goes up->

And Finally...
Any questions about Reading feel free to ask :)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Reading

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:22 pm

How many you taking to the Bok.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:39 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:How many you taking to the Bok.
I'm quoting someone on another Reading forum - "'we've only sold a couple of hundred tickets, I'm sure you'll be able to move to wherever you want".

Doesn't sound like to many... :?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I will be in the home end if I do go. I may look to go up on the coach with a couple of Reading fans I know then slip of the coach and into the home end. Due you know owt about how I get a coach ticket?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:52 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I will be in the home end if I do go. I may look to go up on the coach with a couple of Reading fans I know then slip of the coach and into the home end. Due you know owt about how I get a coach ticket?
You need to be a member of the Supporters Trust At Reading (STAR).

£20 + STAR Membership (£10) = £30.

You can only book at the STAR HQ (outside the East Stand at the Madejski Stadium).

More details here: http://star-reading.org/index.php/travel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 pm

Top man will look into that, do you get a specific seat or will I be able to sit with my pals if they already have coach tickets?

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:00 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Top man will look into that, do you get a specific seat or will I be able to sit with my pals if they already have coach tickets?
I'm not sure. I've only travelled by coach one (free travel to the Man City Cup Quarter-Final - where we had 53 coaches ;) ).

I think they give you a specific seat, but I'm not sure.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Fair play will have to confer with my pals to see if they have coach tickets and whether they have numbers on them. Prediction?

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:06 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Fair play will have to confer with my pals to see if they have coach tickets and whether they have numbers on them. Prediction?
I like to be optimistic - so I'm going for a 2-1 Reading win. A draw might be a more realistic result though.

I just hope we don't lose - as I see Bolton as a promotion rival next season. We gave sides around us too many points last season - and it cost us. (Wigan - 6, Villa - 6, Southampton - 6, Norwich - 4)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 pm

How's Danny Guthrie been for you guys? Has he found any 'end product' yet? And what's the general feeling re- Adkins?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:How's Danny Guthrie been for you guys? Has he found any 'end product' yet? And what's the general feeling re- Adkins?
Guthrie won Man of the Match today - capping it off with a 30 yard goal. He also made a run past five players today, before playing the ball off. He certainly looked good enough for the Championship and is looking much better under Adkins than he did under McDermott. He knows how to pass the ball - but can be over ambitious at times.

Adkins was the first choice for many Reading fans when McDermott got sacked. Adkins seems to want to pass the ball - which McDermott didn't do massively. We're playing a more fluid formation - with the full backs getting forward and the central midfielders acting as sweepers at times. Our team seems to be more suited to this style of play, but we did seem to "over pass it" a little bit today. He likes to have quick wingers - Drenthe, Robson-Kanu, Kebe, McAnuff and McCleary are all here for that ;) .

He wants to win the league, the chairman wants to win the league, the fans want to win the league and the players want to win the league. We're all in it together.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Guthrie's goal had something of a deflection on it, Clyde. Just saying, like. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 am

Clyde1998 wrote:Hello,

I'm a Reading fan in 100% peace from our friendly fans forum - Royals Rendezvous. Here's some information on our team ahead of the game on 10th August.

Reading Team
Reading started with a 4-2-3-1 formation against Ipswich Town. Alex McCarthy started in goal, while Chris Gunter (right) and Wayne Bridge (left) were the full backs. Alex Pearce and Sean Morrison played at centre-back; with Adrian Mariappa a surprise non-inclusion in the squad. Jem Karacan and Danny Guthrie were chosen ahead of new signing Daniel Williams (who came on later in the Ipswich game). Royston Drenthe, Hal Robson-Kanu and Garath McCleary all rotated between the wings and the "hole", as top scorer for the previous two seasons Adam Le Fondre started upfront.

Reading team vs Ipswich
McCarthy
Karacan, Guthrie
Le Fondre

Subs: Adam Federici (GK), Stephen Kelly (RB/LB), Kaspars Gorkss (CB), Daniel Williams (CM), Jordan Obita (LM), Jobi McAnuff (LM/RM/AM), Pavel Pogrebnyak (ST).

Notable Missing Players: Adrian Mariappa (unknown), Jimmy Kebe (doubtful), Jason Roberts (out).

Reading fans
Tickets for Reading fans are on general sale. No indication has been given on how many tickets we've sold.

Reading's Key Players
Alex McCarthy was in great form at the end of last season. He got injured in November, keeping him out until he featured in a game against Liverpool - where he kept a clean sheet, making 10 saves in the game. He also made 10 saves in a 2-2 draw at Swansea in October. The 23-year old deserved his England call up at the end of the season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oFKDS4Mm3s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Adam Le Fondre has been Reading's top goalscorer in the last two seasons. He managed eight off the bench last season - a Premier League record. He scored vital goals against West Brom, Newcastle (double) and Chelsea (double) to earn the Premier League player of the month award for January. He also scored against Ipswich this season. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XAAqWi1rFw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Take a look at our match thread at Royals Rendezvous - <-Will be edited in when the thread goes up->

And Finally...
Free scouting...u need a job, mate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 am

Clyde1998 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:How's Danny Guthrie been for you guys? Has he found any 'end product' yet? And what's the general feeling re- Adkins?
Guthrie won Man of the Match today - capping it off with a 30 yard goal. He also made a run past five players today, before playing the ball off. He certainly looked good enough for the Championship and is looking much better under Adkins than he did under McDermott. He knows how to pass the ball - but can be over ambitious at times.

Adkins was the first choice for many Reading fans when McDermott got sacked. Adkins seems to want to pass the ball - which McDermott didn't do massively. We're playing a more fluid formation - with the full backs getting forward and the central midfielders acting as sweepers at times. Our team seems to be more suited to this style of play, but we did seem to "over pass it" a little bit today. He likes to have quick wingers - Drenthe, Robson-Kanu, Kebe, McAnuff and McCleary are all here for that ;) .

He wants to win the league, the chairman wants to win the league, the fans want to win the league and the players want to win the league. We're all in it together.

SO basically you thin you are going to win the league :shock: .

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Guthrie's goal had something of a deflection on it, Clyde. Just saying, like. ;)
Oh well... :mrgreen:

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Clyde1998 wrote:

SO basically you thin you are going to win the league :shock: .
No - we want to win the league. I don't think we have enough depth upfront, or at left back.

I don't want to say it, but I think QPR will win the league. :(

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:
Clyde1998 wrote:Hello,

Reading Team

Reading team vs Ipswich
McCarthy
Karacan, Guthrie
Le Fondre

Reading fans

Reading's Key Players

And Finally...
Free scouting...u need a job, mate?
If one comes available 8)

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:53 pm

How's Uri Geller these days? He never quite recovered from wrongly predicting the 1995 Play Off Final.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:04 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:How's Uri Geller these days? He never quite recovered from wrongly predicting the 1995 Play Off Final.
I think he supports Exeter now - due to a ticket issue with Madejski.

He tried to help them win a must-win game by putting "energy-infused" crystals behind the goals. Exeter lost 5-1 and were relegated. :lol:

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Amazing.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;