Reading

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reading

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 am

Sneaky feeling that we will lose this one. Unusual for me I know. :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:00 am

2 games without a win? Dougie out?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:04 am

Lord Kangana wrote:2 games without a win? Dougie out?
We won on Tuesday night.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:10 am

Norpig wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
Norpig wrote:It the morning of the first home game, tension is beginning to build hope (is what kills ya!) is still alive. Hoping for victory but the pessimist inside me requires dousing :drink: Come on Bolton we can do it!!

Should be a good game I think it will be close, now all the excitement of Spearing signing has concluded I will now attempt (usually get it wrong) to pick the team.

.......................Bogdan...........................

Baptist...Wheater...Knight(capt.)...Tierney

................Spearing.......Medo.................

.....................Eagles (free role)...............

.............................Moritz........................

.......................Beckford..........................

Bench - Lonergan, Davies, Odelusi, Hall, Ream, Mears

Is this something to do with the new FFP rules?
I did say I usually get it wrong, I have now had another drink and will try again.

.......................Bogdan...........................

Baptist...Wheater...Knight(capt.)...Tierney

................Spearing.......Medo.................

.....................Eagles (free role)...............

.................Moritz.............Hall..................

.......................Beckford..........................

Bench - Lonergan, Chungy, Davies, Odelusi, Ream, Mears

There hows that :spank:
Will be interesting to see how attacking a side DF puts out. Is Pratley injured? He scored and was MOM for a lot of people on Saturday. Cant see him being dropped and I imagine DF will treat Reading with a fair amount of respect.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:14 am

Think NGog will definitely play today if I can read DF right. In behind Beckford I reckon.

He will put Pratley out wide to cover for either LCY or Eagles assuming one doesn't make it.

If neither make it Hall will be in I think.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Think NGog will definitely play today if I can read DF right. In behind Beckford I reckon.

He will put Pratley out wide to cover for either LCY or Eagles assuming one doesn't make it.

If neither make it Hall will be in I think.
Wouldnt be surprised to see a similar system to what was used at Burnley for the first hour anyway.Dont see much point in playing pratley if he's not haring about infront of Medo and Spearing.Plenty of attacking options on the bench.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 am

Sounds like DF won't make any decision on Lee and Eagles till late on, if fit I assume they both play and the team is likely to be as it was against Burnley with Spearing replacing Andrews. If they are not fit I can't see why he would put Pratts on the wing, he is far more effective in the middle. I would love to see Hall start and probably Odelusi to see if he can build on the cup performance. Probably completely wrong but hey that's footy.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:51 am

Massive pressure on Freedman to get the win today.There's no chance of winning at Forest next week so it's going to be a crap start if he doesn't beat Reading.No wins from the first three and his job is going to be on the line soon.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 am

Martin_Cruise wrote:Massive pressure on Freedman to get the win today.There's no chance of winning at Forest next week so it's going to be a crap start if he doesn't beat Reading.No wins from the first three and his job is going to be on the line soon.
Absolute nonsense.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:56 am

Martin_Cruise wrote:Massive pressure on Freedman to get the win today.There's no chance of winning at Forest next week so it's going to be a crap start if he doesn't beat Reading.No wins from the first three and his job is going to be on the line soon.
Get to feck :lol:

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:06 pm

What tripe. You're winding us up for sure mate. Tough derby away followed by the league favourites at home. Add to that a convincing win in a banana skin cup tie.

And no chance of winning next week? Good grief, it's not Real Madrid away!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Is Martin, Postcode and the Smoker the same person? Can we have an IP check please? :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 pm

:crazy:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Is Martin, Postcode and the Smoker the same person? Can we have an IP check please? :D
Nah, but they are shades of the same type. Cruise and Postcode disappeared for the winning run; Frazier does at least try to back up the opinions, although I fancy he enjoys the debate as much as he believes in the points he's making.

Anyway, the line-up. Hope Eagles and CYL pass the tests but we should have enough back-up if not - Hall and Moritz, yes, but also Ngog, whom DF clearly rates and is gagging to play alongside (or rather slightly behind) Beckford. What worries me is that if Pratley, who doesn't deserve dropping, is instead pushed wide our formation could lose a lot of 'natural' width - Prats is never a winger. Then again, DF might D-tail D-Pratz D-fensively to keep Wayne Bridge quiet when they've got the ball...

If all are fit, I would play the same starting XI as at Burnley (save Spearing for Andrews, and gulping as I wrote "Knight" and "Wheater" together). But I would be looking to make changes as the game progresses, whatever the score: with a bench including Ngog, Hall, Moritz, the willing Cravies and the confident Odelusi we're not shy of options.

If one of Eagles and CYL are unfit, I would prefer to draft in Hall than Ngog (with Pratley going wide): a central three of Spearing-Medo-Pratley will be much harder for Reading to face than Spearing-Medo-Ngog. Get Prats tearing around for an hour then sub him - for a winger (Eagles or even CYL shifting inside) if we need to keep it tight, a striker if we need to chase it.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:39 pm

It should be a pretty close game. I'd fancy a draw but if there is to be a winner, it will be hopefully be from us. I think injuries to Eagles and Chungy will weaken us significantly though, so it'll be tough. Hopefully Spearing gets some time so we can get him back to match fitness as soon as possible.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Jay played the first 45 minutes for Liverpool the other night at Valerenga.

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Has been reports of Lee and Eagles injured? Or are we just going off what we saw last week?

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:20 pm

CarlosHernandez wrote:Has been reports of Lee and Eagles injured? Or are we just going off what we saw last week?
Dougie said on the youtube interview that they were both 50/50 and he and only he would make the decision if they'll play.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 pm

5Live have this as the commentary game today. Which means we'll get about 10 mins worth as they shuttle between the cricket/athletics/other footie.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Tension's mounting in Buenos Aires and Farnworth as a new super-de-lux signal receiver prepares to zone in on the Tower. This model is so advanced it plays cassettes and CD's. No more accumalators and valves in the oven, this is space-age stuff (Farnworth's a bit behind in the space-race). Atmosphere's electric and the dog looked at the clock and disappeared out of the room. All that's left to do now is get the biscuits ready and a fresh brew at 2-50 and Radio Tango is on the air. :lol:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?