Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Turkish Trotter » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:16 pm

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Note to self: it could be worse

Ahh it's Pulis' best mate. :twisted:

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:40 pm

:shock: because Davies and Gartside, rightly, don't trust Freedman with the money.

You've gotta be on crack..............................

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 pm

He needs to invest to accumulate.

Don't you think he's done that? Look where it's got him.......................... :doh:
Last edited by Il Pirate on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 pm

ChrisC wrote:No matter how you spin it SF, Dougie took us from a relegation battle to one game from the Playoffs. I don't care how we win, aslong as we win.
One point, Chris.
ChrisC wrote:He also took a poor Palace side from a relegation outfit to a promotion side

Dougie is no world beater, but he is far from shite.

Even BL3 fecked off for half a season until we missed out on the playoffs so he must have been doing something right ;)
No, BL3 was still around, and posting reasonably on various timeless topics (mainly, from memory, to do with old players). I've no idea why BL3 only seems to discuss the team when things aren't good, but I'm past caring about other people's peccadilloes.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Il Pirate wrote:He needs to invest to accumulate.

Don't you think he's done that? Look where it's got him.......................... :doh:
It has him a very nice stadium and a team that isn't really up to it. It's no good him hiding his head in the sand.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

It has him a very nice stadium and a team that isn't really up to it. It's no good him hiding his head in the sand.

Oh ffs...................... :whack:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ChrisC wrote:No matter how you spin it SF, Dougie took us from a relegation battle to one game from the Playoffs. I don't care how we win, aslong as we win.
One point, Chris.
ChrisC wrote:He also took a poor Palace side from a relegation outfit to a promotion side

Dougie is no world beater, but he is far from shite.

Even BL3 fecked off for half a season until we missed out on the playoffs so he must have been doing something right ;)
No, BL3 was still around, and posting reasonably on various timeless topics (mainly, from memory, to do with old players). I've no idea why BL3 only seems to discuss the team when things aren't good, but I'm past caring about other people's peccadilloes.
I just pretend he isn't there when he posts and move on 8)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

He's a fan! Fan owners should know more than anybody that you have to suffer to get what you want. It's no good giving up when the going gets tough, he needs to push on... The rewards are available. If he gives up now he risks seeing it all go down the plughole. So don't you go around giving me the ffs treatment, if I had the money I'd be doing what I'm proposing Eddie should.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Say he turns up for work tomorrow, f*cked off we wont even back him to compete with barnsley and burnley and jacks it in.

Whats the go to?

Peter Reid? Iain Dowie?

:/

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm

What's Megson up to these days?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Ron Atkinson
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

goffy7167
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by goffy7167 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Eddie may be a fan but he is a very astute fan!! He takes 10m a year out of the club which is far more than he would get if he invested his money in a bank. Why doesnt he drop his take to say six per cent a year and we can then buy a new player or two??

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Say he turns up for work tomorrow, f*cked off we wont even back him to compete with barnsley and burnley and jacks it in.

Whats the go to?

Peter Reid? Iain Dowie?

:/

jiminho...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Souness and O'Leary need a mention - they normally get rolled out in this list when there's the slightest hint of a Managerial change.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Souness and O'Leary need a mention - they normally get rolled out in this list when there's the slightest hint of a Managerial change.
damn right!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:41 pm

I bet Ferguson's getting bored about now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:43 pm

F*cking hell bobo, steady there.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

He's a fan! Fan owners should know more than anybody that you have to suffer to get what you want. It's no good giving up when the going gets tough, he needs to push on... The rewards are available. If he gives up now he risks seeing it all go down the plughole. So don't you go around giving me the ffs treatment, if I had the money I'd be doing what I'm proposing Eddie should.
I very much doubt if Eddie has got enough money left to sort us out, we already owe him 100 million and I can't see us making good until we are sold to someone who is seriously rich. But then would you like the club to be owned by an oil rich Arab who only wants the club as a play thing to throw away when he loses interest?? I know I don't.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 am

FaninOz wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I very much doubt if Eddie has got enough money left to sort us out, we already owe him 100 million and I can't see us making good until we are sold to someone who is seriously rich. But then would you like the club to be owned by an oil rich Arab who only wants the club as a play thing to throw away when he loses interest?? I know I don't.
I always said I didn't but now I'm not so sure....

Trouble is fair play will feck that anyhow. As we wouldn't be able to spend more than our income.....without penalty at least. As it stands once our parachute money goes, our income will be I would estimate halfway down the championship ladder or thereabouts. Once that happens you've got to either hope we find an absolutely brilliant manager, or have some top top players coming through our academy.

In fact growing players like say Southampton have done is going to be the key for clubs like ourselves. If we can then we can a) have an advantage over other sides as we bring our own players through and b) make huge profits to get around the fair play rules.

This probably needs its own thread really.