Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:14 pm

BL3 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:ED & PG have not let him bring 3 players in this week while planning to sack him anytime soon.
Sammy Lee spent the summer transfer window recruiting half a team. He was gone ten games into that season.
Like Coyle, PG won't want him sacked as it will be an admission of failure on his part. With Lee his stock was still high and it was just passed off as a failed experiment.
I think ED will be looking closely at the impact of these loanees and getting ready to push the big red button in a month's time if it's not significant.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Bish, it was a simple question - what has he improved in the last 12 months to give any confidence in his ability to re build given more time ?
the training is not a pingpong tournament anymore ?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

I think the tactics were wrong today but for me after today, its the players that need to step up and be counted. One scrappy win and I think this will become a distant bad memory. Keep the faith and hold on, it will come good.

On another note, I heard a rumour that Eddie is chasing some middle eastern investors. The next few months could be interesting. Its not a time for panic. Yet.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:42 pm

I see the Phil Neal era all over again.We all thought he was gonna be great..Former Liverpool captain and England player an all that,and stuck with him for far too long,playing League 4 hoofball was never in the script,but it happened.I can only have faith in Dougie for so long,then the reality of where we are kicks in.I have no suggestion for what to do now but it,s clear Dougie,s method,s are,nt working.He talks the talk,but the walking has failed to materialise!!!!!!!!

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 pm

At the end of the day, we are in a worse position now than when Freedman came in twelve months ago.
In anybodys book, that is failure.
We scraped a draw against Yeovil F.F.S.
How bad do we have to get before action is taken :crazy:
GET HIM OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET HIM OUT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:01 pm

I bet we had the money to either loan these three or sack Freedman, and now a decisions been made we're sticking to it whether it was the right one or not

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Nigel Clough's now at a loose end!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I think the tactics were wrong today but for me after today, its the players that need to step up and be counted. One scrappy win and I think this will become a distant bad memory. Keep the faith and hold on, it will come good.

On another note, I heard a rumour that Eddie is chasing some middle eastern investors. The next few months could be interesting. Its not a time for panic. Yet.
You can't come on here, say that and then clear off.

Spill.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I think the tactics were wrong today but for me after today, its the players that need to step up and be counted. One scrappy win and I think this will become a distant bad memory. Keep the faith and hold on, it will come good.

Spill.
They prob owe him money.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:34 pm

What the feck has happened?!

He's not doing mental stuff Coyle style like playing players widely out of position, or not playing anyone who can tackle. He had a wobble with his 26 defensive midfielder patch, but the last few games he's picked the right team with the right shape. And we're still shit!

At least it sounds like the defence were OK today! Clean sheet bar a Boggers f*ck-up, and they nearly scored the goals to win it.

For me, unless someone really exciting becomes available, I'd stick with him unless we get to the New Year looking like we might go down. He's young and he's learning, but I think there's a good manager in there. We need a break though, or it's going to get to the point were, good intentions or no, something has to be done.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:43 pm

BL3 wrote:So the manager gets the credit when we finish 7th. The players get the blame when we're bottom. He has control over the success but not the failure?
I'd be ok with this post, had it been applied to the last useless cnut.

You've pointed out that we were 7th and in a cup semi. All for fcuk all. We ended up in the same position as Megson. You change your focus between Coyle (clueless) and Freedman (clueless). Coylen was utter dogshit for what he had to spend. Freedman should be gone by Monday for me....

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm

davroduk wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Spill.
They prob owe him money.
Having talked this over with Bruce, I tend to support his view that seeing as we will not be able to service our debt to Eddie next season, he will be trying to recoup his money now by selling the club on. It would make good financial sense.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
davroduk wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Spill.
They prob owe him money.
Having talked this over with Bruce, I tend to support his view that seeing as we will not be able to service our debt to Eddie next season, he will be trying to recoup his money now by selling the club on. It would make good financial sense.
I'd be delighted to understand the percieved ins and outs of this?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
davroduk wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Spill.
They prob owe him money.
No, no, no, no, no. Not good enough.

You've heard a rumour that he's talking to middle-eastern investors.

I don't want 'this will make sense' I want names, addresses, phone numbers !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote: Go on then, tell me what he's done to date (anything at all !) to give even the most ardent rose tinter confidence about Freedman having the ability, experience & know how to re build - tell you what lets give him more time and have the same conversation when were bottom of league 1 in 12 months time.

I'll say it again what has he improved in the last 12 months, quality of the pies ?

we disagree. that's fine. i don't know what anybody's record would really prove in terms of guarantees about where they would take us.. you clearly have more faith in another manager-go-round than I have - which is fine.
Bish, it was a simple question - what has he improved in the last 12 months to give any confidence in his ability to re build given more time ?
i choose to trust that he has improved the whole training regime of the club and back-room professionalism. I may be misguided to choose to believe that - and to then hope that patience will bring results. i choose to believe that sticking with a manager through rough times can sometimes build spirit and strength and i choose to hope that i am right to do so.

i don't believe I said i had a lot of confidence (did I?)

you choose not to. that's fine. if you are desperate to change my mind any time soon - i wouldn't waste your time!

anyway - you appear to have forgotten that you said:
tell you what lets give him more time and have the same conversation when were bottom of league 1 in 12 months time.
might just be me - but 12 months have not passed and we are not bottom of league 1

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Not knocking Eddie, but he does very well out of us ta.

Nice on the face of it losses which will be set against tax plus £10m a year in consultancy fees to his company. I'd swap.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:What the feck has happened?!

He's not doing mental stuff Coyle style like playing players widely out of position,
like playing knight up front...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:40 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:What the feck has happened?!

He's not doing mental stuff Coyle style like playing players widely out of position,
like playing knight up front...
He weas somewhat more effective ... and we needed to do something.

What the principle showed was that DF's caution holds the team back. If he could just fckg go at teams he'd roll them over far more often than we seem able to at present. Not suggesting we play Knight up front, just that he has the nuts to attack teams.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Hardly mental was it? He didn't start there. 1-0 down stick the big man up front isn't quite Ealges-Pratley-Mavies-Tuncay as a midfield 4 in the fecking Premiership.

Or constantly shunting Mavies wide. Or never playing anyone who can tackle.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Isn't there another two week break in the calendar soon? I feel Freedman has to get maximum points before them or he'll be moved on. Would be sad to see him moved on but the job might be a bit big for him at this moment of his career. Maybe a Warnock/O'Neill type, albeit not the most un-inspiring, could give us a good jolt in the arm short term.