Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Freedman out!

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:22 pm

BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:
jaffka wrote:SF you are a million miles out.

We did very well today against a form home team.

Knocking wins is just bizarre.
They've only won two of their six home league games this season.
When it's the last 2 scoring 8 goals and with a cup win over premier cup holders inbetween those 2 games, then 'form team' is hardly a stretch.
They beat Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday. Millwall conceded another five today and Wednesday are currently one point off the bottom of the table. Let's not pretend that they're world beaters.
When exactly do you get off?

We won. Fxcking enjoy it and be happy for a couple weeks. It really is a lose/lose for some people on this forum (albeit a small minority). I pay my money to support the team and hopefully see them win, that's where it starts and stops for me. However on the rare occasion we do win we still get people like you getting everyones back up cos three points makes your job of bashing the side and current manager that little more difficult.

Enjoy the game, enjoy the result and enjoy the reprieve the international break brings. You'll never win your little internet crusade and even if you do who's actually listening.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:24 pm

BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:

When it's the last 2 scoring 8 goals and with a cup win over premier cup holders inbetween those 2 games, then 'form team' is hardly a stretch.
They beat Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday. Millwall conceded another five today and Wednesday are currently one point off the bottom of the table. Let's not pretend that they're world beaters.
Didn't see anyone describing them as world beaters, however some people on here seem to get more pleasure out of BWFC losing as it vindicates their anti Dougie rhetoric, rather than supporting their club.

You can only beat whats in front of you, we should be focusing on the fact we are unbeaten in three, with our first win. We may play ourselves into some form, Players are showing some desire to battle, Beckford has opened his Bolton account. In the words of Yazz 'The only way is up'.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:31 pm

BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Millwall twatted your team, last season

One saving grace was that it got you sacked
Sto ut Serviam

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:54 am

gizmothevoomer wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It was great to win, of course, but nothing has really changed about Freedman and even in victory, he still showed the same flaws as a manager that he's done all season. We play good football sometimes, yet when we go up, instead of pushing for a second or third, we look to defend what we've got which is overly negative. When we were 1-0 up today, instead of pushing on to try and get a second before half time, over 50% of possession was in our final third which I've never seen before and that's a very dangerous strategy which has cost us so many points since Freedman has been our manager. If it was reliable, great, but it clearly isn't otherwise it wouldn't have cost us so many times in the past.

Against an utterly toothless Birmingham side, it worked. However, I don't like the strategy at all, especially when we've shown many times how impressive we can be when attacking opposition. If Freedman had a mentality of wanting to win every game 5-0, he'd be a much better manager than he is but his natural conservative managerial style means he will always try to defend any lead rather than increase it. We have a quality first team and plenty of depth at the club, so we're always going to win games, but I always get the opinion that we're underperforming under Freedman because of his managerial style.

He won't get sacked after today and the chances are, we'll start to improve and win enough games to ensure that he's in charge for a while longer, which I think is a shame because Freedman won't get us promoted. It'll be a scrappy, up and down season with plenty of inconsistent form. We're stuck in limbo - we have a team which will win enough games to prevent Freedman being sacked, yet they aren't good enough to get promoted despite him being inept. We already have a good team and with a good manager, I'm confident we'd get into the play-offs although I don't think that's going to happen under Freedman. At the end of the season, I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.

A win is great but, sadly, it means Freedman will stay when he deserves to be sacked.
Why not follow a manager you believe in rather than Bolton Wanderers, your post suggests you would rather BWFC failed under Dougie just so he gets the sack..

Personally I would rather the club succeeds under this manager and given time I am confident we will!!!!
Had Bolton been thrashed today, 6-0 or something, and Freedman had been given the sack, we'd have been better off in the long term.

I don't want to see Bolton fail, which is exactly why I want him to be sacked. The club is going nowhere positive with him as the manager, so why persist with something which will never work? He's clueless and he's made the same mistakes over and over again. A win today is fine but what if we lose next week? And after that we win, we lose, we win, we draw, we lose three, we win and so on? That's what type of season we're in for whilst Freedman is at the helm and he's not going to get us promoted. The only chance we've got of getting into the play-offs this year is if Freedman is sacked, so who are the ones who want what is best for Bolton? Those who want a change to something better or those who are happy to accept mediocrity?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:49 am

I'm guessing it's unacceptable to tell someone on here they're a c*nt?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:54 am

As long as it follows "you're right but..." then I won't take offence.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:58 am

Why all the hassle, we WON let's just enjoy it. All this manager out talk is getting boring.

As long as we don't get relegated and we slowly build a team that can win regularly again let's give the guy some space and support.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:It was great to win, of course, but nothing has really changed about Freedman and even in victory, he still showed the same flaws as a manager that he's done all season. We play good football sometimes, yet when we go up, instead of pushing for a second or third, we look to defend what we've got which is overly negative. When we were 1-0 up today, instead of pushing on to try and get a second before half time, over 50% of possession was in our final third which I've never seen before and that's a very dangerous strategy which has cost us so many points since Freedman has been our manager. If it was reliable, great, but it clearly isn't otherwise it wouldn't have cost us so many times in the past.

Against an utterly toothless Birmingham side, it worked. However, I don't like the strategy at all, especially when we've shown many times how impressive we can be when attacking opposition. If Freedman had a mentality of wanting to win every game 5-0, he'd be a much better manager than he is but his natural conservative managerial style means he will always try to defend any lead rather than increase it. We have a quality first team and plenty of depth at the club, so we're always going to win games, but I always get the opinion that we're underperforming under Freedman because of his managerial style.

He won't get sacked after today and the chances are, we'll start to improve and win enough games to ensure that he's in charge for a while longer, which I think is a shame because Freedman won't get us promoted. It'll be a scrappy, up and down season with plenty of inconsistent form. We're stuck in limbo - we have a team which will win enough games to prevent Freedman being sacked, yet they aren't good enough to get promoted despite him being inept. We already have a good team and with a good manager, I'm confident we'd get into the play-offs although I don't think that's going to happen under Freedman. At the end of the season, I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.

A win is great but, sadly, it means Freedman will stay when he deserves to be sacked.
Even by your usual standards of bullshittery, that's a gem.

We won, chill the feck out and enjoy it, it's been a while.

Craig Who?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:16 pm

I've been distracted for a while and missed a few weeks, so just had a trawl through some of this stuff.

Lots of talk about panic and such, players written off before they get here, all the usual nonsense. Some measured comment as ever.

Anyhow,

Feeney! What do we want with that w*nker??

Danns!! F*cking useless c*nt!!

And who in their right mind thinks we need another fullback!!!!!

Course it might just all work out.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Here's where I am: I enjoy winning - wahay, party party.
But, the reality is that in a fortnight's time we'll be back trying to scrabble more wins and the misery train chugs on.

To summarise: we won, I'm happy, Freedman out!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:25 pm

We won. Freedman in
Pfffft.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:36 pm

TKIZ! wrote:We won. Freedman in
:pissed:

I'm not having a go, but when Smokin and the others start debating I sometimes feel it's a completely different game we're watching! I much prefer the short sharp exchange there... We both know where we stand, no bother attached, communication complete. Have a good week TKIZ, we'll take up the cudgels later. :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:We won. Freedman in
:pissed:

I'm not having a go, but when Smokin and the others start debating I sometimes feel it's a completely different game we're watching! I much prefer the short sharp exchange there... We both know where we stand, no bother attached, communication complete. Have a good week TKIZ, we'll take up the cudgels later. :lol:
Like Ronseal. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Till next week LLS. :wink: :lol:
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:49 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.
:lmfao:

OK, go on. The game's up. Run along now you absolute wanker. Have you really nothing better to do? Just jog on!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.

OK, go on. The game's up. Run along now you absolute wanker. Have you really nothing better to do? Just jog on!

Aye, that was shocker, SF. I mean, really fecking idiotic.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:19 am

Sponge wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Why? Had we lost to Yoevil, Freedman would surely have been sacked and we'd have a new, and better, manager by now. Nobody wants to see us lose but sometimes, things have to get worse before they can improve. What's the better alternative? Plodding along with a mediocre PPG tally throughout the entire season and finishing in the lower half, which I think is what will happen under Freedman, or doing abysmally, the manager getting sacked and then being replaced by someone who knows what he's doing?

Like I said, nobody wants us to lose. I'd be delighted if Freedman could get us into the play-off spots this year but even the most optimistic fans knows that he's well out of his depth. The sooner he's gone, the better for the club. He should have gone several games ago and if he had, there'd be more reason for optimism than there currently is.

The same thing happened with Coyle too. We won a couple of games when the pressure on him was building, but in hindsight, was that the best thing for the club? No. The best thing would have been a heavy, inexcusable loss instead of a win because Coyle would have been sacked and we could of brought in a manager capable of saving us.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:53 am

Actually I disagree, had we not have taken five points out the last nine then he may well have gone. It really does depend how we go from here freedman is at the door of the last chance saloon now I still remain sceptical that he is a grsat rebuilding manager who will deliver but by graft or luck he now has his opportunity to deliver.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 am

If you ever want your own team to lose, other than in a meaningless game where you stand to earn a feck load in a bet. You're a c*nt.

Gutted about getting points as it doesn't suit your agenda? Do feck off you absolute shitcunt
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Why? Had we lost to Yoevil, Freedman would surely have been sacked and we'd have a new, and better, manager by now. Nobody wants to see us lose but sometimes, things have to get worse before they can improve. What's the better alternative? Plodding along with a mediocre PPG tally throughout the entire season and finishing in the lower half, which I think is what will happen under Freedman, or doing abysmally, the manager getting sacked and then being replaced by someone who knows what he's doing?

Like I said, nobody wants us to lose. I'd be delighted if Freedman could get us into the play-off spots this year but even the most optimistic fans knows that he's well out of his depth. The sooner he's gone, the better for the club. He should have gone several games ago and if he had, there'd be more reason for optimism than there currently is.

The same thing happened with Coyle too. We won a couple of games when the pressure on him was building, but in hindsight, was that the best thing for the club? No. The best thing would have been a heavy, inexcusable loss instead of a win because Coyle would have been sacked and we could of brought in a manager capable of saving us.
assumption 1: Freedman would have been sacked had we lost to Yeovil
assumption 2: BWFC would appoint a manager who would do any better
assumption 3: we will finish in the lower half of the league under Freedman

seems to me like a desire to lose a game based on less than solid ground...

also, I suspect there won't be many fans looking back at the end of the season and wishing we had lost to Yeovil - I suspect that will just be you... I hope it doesn't spoil your play-off final celebrations... :wink:

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 am

thebish wrote:assumption 2: BWFC would appoint a manager who would do any better
To be fair it would be difficult to do any worse than one win in eleven games.