Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Freedman out!

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:30 am

Its going to happen today. I can feel it in my waters.. I think .. I hope .. I pray :(

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:33 am

ChrisC wrote:Its going to happen today. I can feel it in my waters.. I think .. I hope .. I pray :(
It would have happened already.

He will still be here for millwall and I think beyond.

He shouldn't be in my opinion but he will.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 am

jaffka wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Its going to happen today. I can feel it in my waters.. I think .. I hope .. I pray :(

Is there a designated time for sackings? :lol:

Brian Mcdermott was sacked around 4/5pm last week ill have you know!! ;)

Unlike Mcdermott, I just hope DF stays gone once the boot is firmly up his back end and his kids are once again in danger.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:By also vomiting and subsequently being second in February?

Silly me. That wasn't the answer you wanted.
Dyche's disciplinarian style and old school training methods sounded remarkably similar to Megsons. And he's ginger.

Could have saved ourselves a packet.......
Really. Where does this nugget of wisdom come from?

My recollection of watching Megson's teams was playing defensive midfielders on the wing, 10 men behind the ball. Perhaps you were watching a different team at the time?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:40 am

Some findings from that site I posted.

We've scored in 73% of our games (22 of 30, only nine teams have scored in more games) but we've only picked up one point from those eight blank games because we can't keep a clean sheet: 5 in 30, third-worst "behind" Bournemouth and Barnsley.

We haven't won a game all season after conceding first (which we've done 17 times, a total topped only by Leeds).

We've been losing at half-time on seven occasions and lost six of them (drawing one); only Wednesday have shown less post-break bouncebackability.

We've lost 16 points from winning positions (fifth-worst) and gained six from behind (eighth-worst).

We're a mid-table team in the first half and just about good enough to stay up in the second half.

And we're the division's worst team against top-half sides.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:48 am

ChrisC wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Is there a designated time for sackings? :lol:

Brian Mcdermott was sacked around 4/5pm last week ill have you know!! ;)

Unlike Mcdermott, I just hope DF stays gone once the boot is firmly up his back end and his kids are once again in danger.
I don't think that using the chaos that occurred at Leeds is a very good example. In any case wasn't his sacking attributed to something that he said rather than football reasons?

If Duggie is to be sacked if will be for the results not being good enough.

Hd will be here for millwall, get used to it :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:53 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Dyche's disciplinarian style and old school training methods sounded remarkably similar to Megsons. And he's ginger.

My recollection of watching Megson's teams was playing defensive midfielders on the wing, 10 men behind the ball. Perhaps you were watching a different team at the time?
Look my comment was tongue in cheek.

But I'm also minded of Megson at West Brom taking them from near bottom of the championship to near promotion and the goalscoring duo of Jason Roberts and Lee Hughes up front. It isn't massively dissimilar to the job Dyche is doing at Burnley right now.

Dyche has done very well at Burnley so far, make no mistake. But that doesn't mean he'd have done similar here. Very different jobs, with totally different backdrops.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Look my comment was tongue in cheek.

But I'm also minded of Megson at West Brom taking them from near bottom of the championship to near promotion and the goalscoring duo of Jason Roberts and Lee Hughes up front. It isn't massively dissimilar to the job Dyche is doing at Burnley right now.

Dyche has done very well at Burnley so far, make no mistake. But that doesn't mean he'd have done similar here. Very different jobs, with totally different backdrops.
Bigger wage budget, better and more modern stadium. Better training facilities.

I think it's better to suggest Duggie couldn't do what Dyche is doing at burnley.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:09 pm

He's done blindingly to turn Vokes into a footballer coz he used be shiiiiiiit. Almost identical goal record and age as Juktiewitz before this season. Their ages are still, remarkably, similar, their goal records not so mich.. I'm not convinced Dougie will get a similar transformation from the non-pole.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:15 pm

I think the issue is beyond doubt now anyway. Its when not if, no matter what the FFP diversion is, nobody has this set of results on their record without being in serious danger of losing their job. If we lose at Millwall and he doesn't get the bullet, I'm likely to think that Gartsides brain has melted. And would genuinely start to worry about what exactly Eddie Davies has in mind for us as a club.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:He's done blindingly to turn Vokes into a footballer coz he used be shiiiiiiit. Almost identical goal record and age as Juktiewitz before this season. Their ages are still, remarkably, similar, their goal records not so mich.. I'm not convinced Dougie will get a similar transformation from the non-pole.
Once you find that your age is remarkably similar, they tend to stay similar at other times too... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:If we lose at Millwall and he doesn't get the bullet, I'm likely to think that Gartsides brain has melted.
Losing at relly-rivals Millwall would be far more serious than losing to the second-placed club. But I still don't think he'll get the sack until we're in the bottom three.

If we lose at Millwall and Donny beat Barnsley at home, we'll be sitting atop the dotted line. And Charlton, in FA Cup action this weekend, would then have three games in hand with which to catch up five points on us... not to mention our Easter-Saturday Valley visit. Thanks to their postponement-provoking pudding-pitch, 10 of their 18 remaining games are at home, including Barnsley and Yeovil... and QPR and Burnley (they've also got to go to Leicester, Derby and Forest).

Ah well, at least a relegation battle's interesting.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:If we lose at Millwall and he doesn't get the bullet, I'm likely to think that Gartsides brain has melted.
Losing at relly-rivals Millwall would be far more serious than losing to the second-placed club. But I still don't think he'll get the sack until we're in the bottom three.

If we lose at Millwall and Donny beat Barnsley at home, we'll be sitting atop the dotted line. And Charlton, in FA Cup action this weekend, would then have three games in hand with which to catch up five points on us... not to mention our Easter-Saturday Valley visit. Thanks to their postponement-provoking pudding-pitch, 10 of their 18 remaining games are at home, including Barnsley and Yeovil... and QPR and Burnley (they've also got to go to Leicester, Derby and Forest).

Ah well, at least a relegation battle's interesting.
Cynical very cynical :grin:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 pm

I like playing Nostrodamus... I predict (results dependent, obviously) he'll get his marching orders in the post-dawn hours of Wednesday 9th April
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I like playing Nostrodamus... I predict (results dependent, obviously) he'll get his marching orders in the post-dawn hours of Wednesday 9th April
You can't possibly plan for something what, six weeks in advance... :?

April's shaping up to be a helluva month:

Sat 5 A Huddersfield
Tue 8 A Doncaster
Sat 12 H Barnsley
Sat 19 A Charlton
Tue 22 H Leicester
Sat 26 A Sheff Wed

...leaving just the closing home game with Birmingham, where we can go for a third successive last-day failure via 2-2 draw...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think the issue is beyond doubt now anyway. Its when not if, no matter what the FFP diversion is, nobody has this set of results on their record without being in serious danger of losing their job. If we lose at Millwall and he doesn't get the bullet, I'm likely to think that Gartsides brain has melted. And would genuinely start to worry about what exactly Eddie Davies has in mind for us as a club.
As Marc Iles has pointed out today, manager staying/going is down to Eddie Davies.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 pm

So Phil Gartside's position at the club is superfluous then? That should save us a fair few f*cking quid for a kick off.

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
You can't possibly plan for something what, six weeks in advance... :?

April's shaping up to be a helluva month:

Sat 5 A Huddersfield
Tue 8 A Doncaster
Sat 12 H Barnsley
Sat 19 A Charlton
Tue 22 H Leicester
Sat 26 A Sheff Wed

...leaving just the closing home game with Birmingham, where we can go for a third successive last-day failure via 2-2 draw...
We could just win all those games, finish a few places shy of the play offs and Dougie will be still be here next season for more of the same :D NOT !

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:So Phil Gartside's position at the club is superfluous then? That should save us a fair few f*cking quid for a kick off.
10k a week :shock:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:So Phil Gartside's position at the club is superfluous then? That should save us a fair few f*cking quid for a kick off.
So you think his role is purely confined to sacking and appointing first team managers?

He's running Bolton Wanderers. However, as it is Eddie's money he has the say. We already know that Eddie is directly approving signings (as DF said re Spearing).

As an aside strong rumour at the ground last night that Gartside is close to stepping down. Don't know if there is anything in it, but I'd be surprised if he was still here in a years time.